• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Faction

Hamasaurus

Authorized
Hi friends! Me and a friend of mine are going to be rolling on k3. We both mostly play this game for pvp, (we still raid obviously) however, we wanted to know if any of the k1 guilds will be reforming or whatever on here since we both played on k1 and know a decent amount of players. (help us pick a faction <3)

yee horde warrior. but wont be too active in pvp scene have real life these days. i think alli will be better for ques though idk.

If you want to pvp I recommend playing Alliance. Paladin's are OP to put it simply and completely broken when stacked with warriors.

We tried alliance on another private server and i just couldn't get into it. We will most likely be going horde again, just playing different classes than usual.
Glad to hear that some k1 guilds will be rolling here, I need some new WoW friends to play with.
March 31st can't come fast enough :(

Stacking warriors OP :) best class evar.

You would think with all the custom changes they make to these servers they would figure out how to make warriors less OP but nah, highest pve damage, highest pvp damage... pulling tbc numbers.... let's decrease boss armor while we're at it! Perfect!

Totally missed the point. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there is something clearly wrong with warriors when they can run in with spam heals and take down 10 people at once, with almost complete disregard to a proper pvp play-style. Infinite rage, highest hp pool, wears plate and can global almost any cloth/leather wearing player. There is a reason why the "best" alliance pvp teams are filled with paladins and warriors, because it's the easiest way to win games.

He's a troll, ignore him.

There is a huge difference between a troll and somebody like me who is simply telling it how it is. Not my fault that a few precious snowflakes get offended by it.

The real trolls are the people who know full well how unbalanced vanilla mechanics are and abuse them to cause grief to people.

Let's not forget that this game is 12 years old and all of these issues were fixed in TBC when they spent an enormous amount of time and resources perfecting the pvp system. So much so, that they started holding competitions where only the best of the best pvpers were able to compete. Ahh but Vanilla is perfect the way it is. Except for herb spawns and raid difficulty and talent respec cost and all the other custom changes that have been made. But those are simple changes, it actually takes some fairly competent people to re-balance an entire game.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

So what you're essentially saying here is that the OP warriors in vanilla got balanced out in TBC? Clearly they were way too good as Blizzard felt they had to nerf their class by giving them the ability to reflect spells, regenerate a percentage of their hp while cc'd, tank physical abilities targeted on party members (and have additional mobility with it)?

Pretty hefty nerfs the OP Warrior class got given indeed.

I'm not trying to say that the game is balanced in vanilla - it's not -, but trying to claim warrior is somehow the pvp class above all when there's generally only one or two per team is foolish.

So what you're essentially saying here is that the OP warriors in vanilla got balanced out in TBC? Clearly they were way too good as Blizzard felt they had to nerf their class by giving them the ability to reflect spells, regenerate a percentage of their hp while cc'd, tank physical abilities targeted on party members (and have additional mobility with it)?

Pretty hefty nerfs the OP Warrior class got given indeed.

Where did I say warriors got nerfed in tbc? Don't make things up.

I'm not trying to say that the game is balanced in vanilla - it's not -, but trying to claim warrior is somehow the pvp class above all when there's generally only one or two per team is foolish.

In vanilla most classes have something about them that is overpowered against specific classes. Warriors are the only class that is able to run into a group, soak all the damage while a paladin bubbles and spam heals him and kills everyone. There is literally no counter to this. Every other strategy has a counter, but this one? Run away and wait for bubble to wear off I guess. Ever heard of the alliance melee train?

They re-balanced all classes in TBC. Okay they gave warriors a few new abilities, but resilience gear took away the burstiness and priests were able to despell a paladins bubble and voalá! PVP was fixed. Sap/Polymorph/Fear was pretty obnoxious too, so they fixed how crowd control works in pvp.

Nerf warriors cause pallies can bubble. /logic

I must be right because Blizzard decided to give horde paladins and remove the ability for classes to 1 shot / global people down in pvp using resilience. You're completely missing the point. You actually sound like a troll now and judging from that ridiculous avatar you have, I'd say you are one. Can't argue with idiots....

Ah dude, every class has it's own opness in vanilla. Warrior shines with support, that's how the class SHOULD work. U have a rage bar that fills when u get dmg, u get enrage when u get crit. As in your scenario of 10 people focusing a warrior, if he survives that, he SHOULD reck faces. If ur so salty about the synergy of 2 classes, u shouldn't however blame everything on 1 class. Also, if 10 people focus a warrior and he doesn't die, you're doing smthn wrong. With shamans and priests on horde side, u can purge the fuck out of him and srsly, if he just continues to blindly run after u, he will either get cc'ed or killed if u have some kind of pressure. Obviously gear will play a role. Blizzard gave each faction their respective counterpart, this has nothing to do with "omg pallies are so op we need to give them to horde 2". Shaman's windfury totem is also quite smthn, tho I'll admit pallies are somewhat better for supporting warriors and in general (especially in WS). As for 1 shotting, warriors aren't the only class that can global people, and while warriors have mostly dmg (yea u can support 2 but rogues/mages will be 500% better doing that), other classes have a lot more cc and utility.

As for your original post, basing u'r decision on what faction to choose solely on warrior + pally is op is kinda short-sighted.

Last edited:
Yeah you absolutely can't purge freedom and kite the warrior. You can even force them to line their support with the way los works on Kronos.

That works when there is one paladin and one warrior, but what about when half the team is paladins and warriors? I guess it's just an accident that the only winning teams in AB/AV consists of stacking these two classes. Hell, I've even seen WSG with 5 warriors 5 paladins. Not even gonna mention the gear disparity in Alliance vs Horde. People who like an easy-mode play Alliance and the people who like a challenge play Horde.

People who like an easy-mode play Alliance and the people who like a challenge play Horde.
TtffL6Y.jpg

People who like an easy-mode play Alliance and the people who like a challenge play Horde.
isn't that kinda well known already ?
Paladins have always been recognized as the easy mode class & humans gain mace & sword 1h/2h skills not just one along with stealth detect & reputation.

A paladin can keep their buff active permanently without ever touching it and for no extra cost while shamans have to constantly re-cast totems where the group moves to, blessings can also be cast on those outside of group which gives a massive benefit. Yes shamans have Windfury and it is indeed very strong no denial there however the shaman is required to be within the group & make certain it is within 20-30 yards at all times and there is no range check so in terms of easy/hard i still say paladins have it quite easy and the kings & power blessings make up for most of the difference. Paladins also benefit casters with their stat & mp5 buffs while a shaman can only grant mp5 to his own group at the loss of fire restitance, this makes paladins more balanced in overall support while shamans lean heavily on melee.

In the end 1 word is enough to justify horde vs alliance.... "Bubble".... alliance live within a safe bubble, alliance are even well off in AV due to favorable placement and paladins can safety bubble in raids to avoid what would have killed most, they can even bubble to avoid negative effects of engineering tools like the death ray or bombs... or blessing of protection to be cast on fools who take aggro by mistake removing them from physical aggro list temporarily... or lay on hands a spell that can be used while you are empty yet can heal a tank 100% and with talent gain a massive armor buff that exceeds other healing class's armor buff and then the aura of armor + resistance reducing dmg further and combined with bless sanct...

yes yes i know shamans have the upper hand when it comes to maintained melee burst but do not forget about reckoning which can be prepared a bit earlier than a fight... shamans is like a fearless samurai fighting with leather/cloth armor while paladins is like an eorupean king in his full set of plate armor on a strong steed ready to pull back fast at any moment... thats the best comparison i guess...

also you can lookup the fact regarding paladins being recognized as "easy-mode" anywhere ;) it is rather common knowledge actually.
note: oh and lets not forget the most common thing for paladins to do :D.... Bubble + HS.... that is basically their signature move and cannot be prevented.

Last edited:
Top Bottom