• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other Farming alt

Draakmis

Main is a resto Druid, can't farm anything as that. I can respec between raid days but bear/cat is not as op as in retail. And most of the time I am asked to go back to resto to heal this dungeon or that group quest.

So I want an alt. My question is Mage, or lock? (Or even maybe a warrior)

Mage: ports, water fountain, and aoe grinding?

Lock: summons, able to tank things with demons, faster turnover due to life tapping and using my Druid to hot him?

Warrior: able to tank for the guild 5ms, just a continuous killing machine, with Druid healing him

Any suggestions? Tips/hints for the classes (I don't know them too well in vanilla) and anything special on this server that would make one better than the other?

It would be simply a support toon. Maybe run 5ms after my Druid is geared/reputation capped. Just want something to farm mats/gold/help with rep grinds etc

Thanks for any info!

Last edited:
There are plenty of mobs that are mid level (30-45) that can get you good gold per hour. I am a prot warrior and make about 28-35 g per hour depending on drops and greens to AH or vendor.

The time invested in leveling a gold farming alt to 60, you could farm all the gold you'd need with your R-Druid. There is plenty of gear that nobody else wants in raids as well that you can pickup for a feral set for dpsing these mid level mobs.

I hope you understand my vagueness above as I do not want my market items flooded or my farm spots taken up by more people than the levelers and few 60s that go there already.

If you are keen on the idea of having a leveling alt, hunter is a good choice for DM Tribute runs, and all those mana pots you'd get can go right to your druid for raiding. It does take some okay gear to do these runs successfully, so may not be the easy route without having to go to ZG and steal some Giant Stalker gear from MC, if your guild has geared hunters, should be easy to obtain.

Mage is decent with DM East AoE grinding.

A Warlock, would be the biggest money saver, as you get a free mount at level 40 to push the rest of your leveling, but they are not as effective in AoE farming as a Mage.

All 3 classes are fast and easy to level. Warlock easiest at low level, Hunter easy once level 10. Mage VERY fast once level 40 and go AoE grinding spec.

Warlock since u can farm alot of different dungeons, same goes for hunter.(This is variety)
For efficiency I would say mage.

Hunter I'd say. Speedy, efficient farmer.
Rogue is normal to farm with but hunter is easier + early speed.

A mage you only need to get to 23 to be really good at aoe farming. Respecs are cheap (1 and 2) so get to 23 however you want (recommend fire) respec to frost aoe with 3/3 imp blizzard (required pre-CoC) and at 26+ respec again to imp blizzard 2/3 and use CoC. Getting 23 is pretty easy, getting every level after that is almost cheating. The cash you make at 60 is ridiculous. DM East can be farmed with a PvP or Raid spec too. So if you're like me, spec PvP and clear out horde at DM between runs :)

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom