• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Fein/trap, what am I missing?

Purganis

I'm noticing something different with this trick from memory. I rolled a rogue here just like I did in retail, and the way I always remembered it was I would open on a hunter, and they all had the same scattershot/fien/trap macro once my stun finished. Now, I notice it's a little different from what I remembered. I just see 100% instant fien/trap, mid swing, mid run, unavoidable and nothing I can do. No global cooldown, no graphic, nothing.

Back then I would sometimes see hunters do this when they had a little distance, but there was always, if slight, some noticeable in-between time where I could avoid it if I'm paying attention. Now there's nothing.

Someone told me "maybe you just played against bad hunters" I find this difficult to believe my entire servers alliance population was bad during the entirety of retail vanilla (I played horde). I played on Frostmane, a very skilled and competitive server, which housed 1 of the the games deadliest pvp clans (Vicious Cycle), who also held several world pve fists, and many rank 14s, and not once was I trapped in such a way by them or any ally on the server or any horde in a duel.

So, what am I missing? Is my graphic card skipping the animation so I don't see inbetween time? Is there a glitch that has no global cooldown here that did in retail? Is this some exploit nobody figured out back then but know now? All I know is something is different.

? FD is off GCD so FD/trap is and always was instant yes, i was hunter and it worked like this. The only problem here is the fucking lag bug of Scatter shot.

First of all, you are vastly overestimating the skill of vanilla players. Rank 14 was a time investment, not a skill investment. The only reason R14s tend to be more skilled here is for political/social reasons, not because the grind itself takes skill.

Traps did not gain an arming time until Burning Crusade, where they were able to be placed in combat.

Top Bottom