• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Felstriker Offhand Dilemma

Haestingas

So I recently obtained the dream combo of Ironfoe + Felstriker, and while im confident about the Foe's performance I'm less so about the felstriker. The proc rate is 3% (source https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=7269) and doesn't contain a PPM or CD since it can double proc on occasion.

My dilemma is that I'm finding it difficult to nail down how much exactly this benefits my dps on average, since there's so many factors that go into how much dmg I gain. I have reasonable access to the zg offhand should I want it, along with EoC when the damn thing decides to drop. CTS, Maladath and AQ scepter line sword aren't available to me.

I am human, and for the sake of argument assume full BiS in current content.

Assuming you have full bis, felstriker is a non ideal offhand. You have buffed 55-60+ % crit anyway. So you should focus on getting more dmg and therefore more rage out of your offhand.

So I'd suggest a slow offhand (best a sword).

Absolute BiS assuming full world buffs + elemental stones + Leader of the pack + the literal perfect hit gear to allow crit cap to go up is 48% effective crit. The only oh swords that I can think of that I have access to are the zg offhand and Brut blade. There's also the Sceptre of Smiting from zg that has +2 mace and a nature dmg proc

Crit cap varies based on glancing blow, white hit vs yellow hit, main hand vs offhand, your hit chance and other minor factors (such as boss positioning).

In the case of felstriker it's not so simple since the proc effect should push dodges, hits, glancing blows, misses, etc. off the attack table so crit cap shouldn't even come into play.

Based off some napkin math that I did, I'd estimate that it's better than a CTS, CHT, and on par with EoC for non humans/orcs. For races with the corresponding weapons specs, Brutality Blade, Hakkar OH, CTS, Doom's Edge, EoC are better choices.

We have multiple Felstrikers in guild. No one uses them as they do less damage than even entry low gear setups like Vis+ZG offhand sword.

In the case of felstriker it's not so simple since the proc effect should push dodges, hits, glancing blows, misses, etc. off the attack table so crit cap shouldn't even come into play.

Based off some napkin math that I did, I'd estimate that it's better than a CTS, CHT, and on par with EoC for non humans/orcs. For races with the corresponding weapons specs, Brutality Blade, Hakkar OH, CTS, Doom's Edge, EoC are better choices.

That is incorrect, it simply removes %miss from your hit table, you still do glancing blows and your attacks can be avoided as well.

So basically you get to %54 critcap, which is high enough to benefit from all buffs. But in the end you still do glancing blows, hence weapon skill is just as important. Thats why many of us think Ironfoe + CTS(or Crul if you're not a human) is BiS atm.

Last edited:
Well that's a bummer, the tooltip explicitly mentions that attacks are guaranteed to land as well as crit so I assumed that it would be scripted as such rather than just maxing out crit rate, which is of low precedence on the attack table.

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2916

Some logs from EJ on the same thread

10/23 00:33:51.831 You crit Chromaggus for 227.
10/23 00:33:51.847 You gain Felstriker.
10/23 00:33:52.907 You crit Chromaggus for 562.
10/23 00:33:53.359 You crit Chromaggus for 253.
10/23 00:33:54.481 You crit Chromaggus for 303.
10/23 00:33:54.606 You attack. Chromaggus dodges.
10/23 00:33:55.167 Felstriker fades from you.

10/23 00:34:51.853 You hit Chromaggus for 139.
10/23 00:34:51.869 You gain Felstriker.
10/23 00:34:51.900 You hit Chromaggus for 282. (glancing)
10/23 00:34:52.913 Your Bloodthirst crits Chromaggus for 1080.
10/23 00:34:53.474 You crit Chromaggus for 239.
10/23 00:34:54.222 You crit Chromaggus for 587.
10/23 00:34:54.736 You attack. Chromaggus dodges.
10/23 00:34:55.001 Felstriker fades from you.

So yeah , its definitely blizzlike this way and its inferior to pretty much all BWL level weapons.

hence weapon skill is just as important.

What about dagger warrior with Aged Core Leather Gloves and Mugger's Belt as an alternative?

Using Core Hound Tooth OH.

Seems it wouldn't be a bad substitute if your are in the back of the line for CTS/Crul (being if you were a non-human for what ever reason). Would swap out CHT for Deathstinger and drop Muggers for Onslaught Girdle when it comes to that.

Er, if we are talking Off hand Felstriker, then MH Perditions. (Highest DPS dagger) excluding R14.

dagger warrior is interesting, sit in battle stance to get on top of all of the overpower procs and keep WW on a very low priority or just ignore it.

Absolute Bis worldwide fake buff, rock elements, Leader of the pack, literally perfect setting crit cap hit allowed to go up to 48% effective crit

Top Bottom