• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Feral Instinct or Primal Fury

frederik

Authorized
Hai!

I don't know whether I should put 5 points in Feral Instinct or only 3 and put those other two in Primal Fury. With only 3 points in Feral Instinct I don't generate as much thread with my attacks, but when I put them in Primal Fury I can build up more rage which means I can do more damage (I have currently a 17 % crit chance), which results in more thread. What do you think is best here?
Also do you guys have any problems with stealth at 60 (I'm currently level 33 and don't have any)? I play a night elf druid so the racial Shadowmeld should make me harder to detect while prowling. I don't want to have problems with players and mobs starting to detect me because I put 2 points out of Feral Instinct.

Well both are nice if ur tanking :tongue:
Now I don't remember how it was tanking as a low lvl, but at 60 at lest, I feel that 5/5 Feral Instinct is very important to keep aggro.

Well both are nice if ur tanking :tongue:
Now I don't remember how it was tanking as a low lvl, but at 60 at lest, I feel that 5/5 Feral Instinct is very important to keep aggro.

Hmm, maybe I take two points out of Natural Shapeshifter and hope my mana will still suffice in PvP when changing forms often.
I just tanked and tried Primal Fury and it is really awesome together with Swipe to generate rage. I want to keep it :)

Last edited:
Druid has no problem with the threat in general.
Cuz you clarified that you will use this build also for PVP and it means you do not want to be a tank in the raids so talent Feral Instinct do not need. I explain why:
With talents Primal Fury + Omen of Clarity and big crit chance you always have alot rage. Main tool for a set of threats is a Maul. High damage + threat multipliers 1,45X1,75 add up to a huge amount of threat. The main problem is the mechanics of this abilities "on next hit", because a bear attack speed slow. This makes it difficult set of threats early in the fight and increases the chances what some DPS overaggro.
If you have 20+ rage points use Swipes (The multiplier of treat x1.75) between the mauls. If less than 20 rage, spend GCD to fff.
The biggest problem may seem large groups of mobs especially if there is no CC and Challenging Roar on CD. But in fact it is possible to easy to deal with some tricks like: Use HoTs + Barkskin + Oil of immolation then pull and spam swipes and mobs will continue to beat you even with a huge aoe dps other classes (like wlocks hellfire). Or HoTs + Barskin then pull and use Crystal Charge (Holy Water on undeads) or just grenades pulls if you engineer. BTW Demoralizing Roar little threat and often resistance so dnt spam it but keep it always on a target.

5/5 Feral Instinct must have for raids build and it looks:
FspexrM.png

Natural Shapeshifter ur best frend!
For dungeons and PVP(including FC) I use this build:
TmXbiC9.png

p.s. sorry for my hard english :^)

For leveling I prefer to have the increased stealth. This way I can navigate around higher level mobs to get to a quest kill. My group mate is a sub rogue so he too has the increased stealth, which if I didn't have FI maxed out, if I am on follow sometimes he would end up killing us a lot. -_-

Plus for PVP I do prefer to get as close as possible before going noticed. Another thing is to enhance your ability to run away from or completely avoid a fight of a higher level hordey you may encounter while leveling. As for at 60, I can't comment yet, This is actually the furthest I have gotten on a drood ever. Never really had the patience in retail. I feel if you are leveling in a group it helps to be able to pull threat off easier. I know in my circumstance the other player is a rogue and they tend to pull threat when they constantly crit BS.

-PP

The thing is I want to hybrid build for doing some PvP and tanking pre-raid instances. So I need a build that supports both. It is clear that I have to make some drawbacks. My question was wether 5/5 Feral Instinct is necessary to efficiently tank pre-raid instances (which you answered) and not getting detected in PvP (in PvE I don't have any problems at all with only 3 points in it so far). And isn't Blood Frenzy pretty useful for PvP too? I usually open fights from stealth to apply bleeds on my target. Being able to generate more combo points early lets me apply a stronger bleed effect with Rip.

This is the build I am aiming for currently: 14/32/5. I also like to heal to from time to time or when a group already has a tank but no healer. Until now (I'm level 38) I did not have any problems at all when switching to proper healing gear. So as long there aren't any issues I'll only go with 5 in restoration and put the points elsewhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom