• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid Feral lvling spec?

Omen of clarity is a good choice right at the start imo. If you get your Clarity up you can easily heal yourself and keep on grinding.
Its the same for all classes, if you feel like 1 talent is the best for leveling go for that first. Even if that means you reach the tier 7 talent later. Could also respec on level 40 if thats a problem.

It all depends on what you want to do. If you want to tank some 5mans along the way, or just grind fast in cat, etc.
Only thing I would suggest heavily is start with Ferocity and get feline swiftness asap, so you get the 30% movespeed in cat at lvl 21. After that you do what you want :)

/also natural shapeshifter is miles ahead of improved mark of wild

Last edited:
Hey guys I am considering doing a druid and lvl as feral (ofc)

I just want to see what you guys think is the best talents for lvling.

Not sure about it though, let me hear your input.

for leveling you atacking in front, so not improved shred is wasted points, same as improved mark. If you think you will use pounce + shred as opener, let me tell you, ravage is better. It does more damage per energy, and does not need any talents. Spamming claw after that.

reaching omen of clarity (ooc) talents in balance tree before you spend full feral tree is just waste. I can assure you, your damage output until lvl 40 will be very high. As someone mentioned here using ooc proc for healing, you dont need that. You will fully regenerate mana in form after few mobs killed (about 2-3) and one regrowth and one rejuv will bring you at full hp again. You will never need all of your mana.

personally and imho the best leveling talents are these. But if you wanna rape some ppl from oposing faction, you better use brutal impact with shred spec with imp eviscerate and natural shapeshifter.

Last edited:
Just go bear durid and maul everything. Heal on low hp -> success, no downtimes.

Omen of clarity is a good choice right at the start imo. If you get your Clarity up you can easily heal yourself and keep on grinding.

Leveling up a feral druid is easy as sin, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with this sentiment. A player that focuses on as much strength as possible from gear (hard to get while leveling in vanilla), with agility+stamina as the other concerns, there's pretty much no problem with mana while grinding / questing. It's a sad fact that spirit ends up on a metric crap-ton of quested and crafted gear, whether we want it or not. Carefully pacing heals after every 4th kill or so recovers all the mana you'd care to want while in animal form.

If you want Omen of Clarity for reasons other than mana for healing while grinding / questing, go for it. I simply had no use for it for the leveling stage of the game.

I personally shoot to have the following for level 41 as a goal.
http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_11_8q5d521303222151p

After that, grab what you want. Improved Shred IS useful if the private server has mobs correctly not spin to face you when they're stunned from a Pounce. With improved shred, you can Pounce, Shred, Faerie Fire, and Shred if you have Brutal Impact 2/2. This is kind of a really BIG deal when you want to grind on mobs and take very little return damage, as they're already half dead from your initial energy burn.

It's also immensely satisfying for open world PvP use. Unless your target is a Warlock, the Pounce - Shred x2 - Faerie Fire combo starts off a fight in a really sour position for your target.

Edit - I mention warlocks specifically as a bad target to fight as that class has too many big fat "I Win" buttons against a feral spec druid. I simply leave them alone unless I can get them at a good time with their being low in health or mana, or preferably, both.

Last edited:
40 http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_11_8q5042021303202151p
51 http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_11_8014c5001h5042021303202151p
60 http://www.wowprovider.com/?talent=11215875_11_8014c5301h505202130320215105n

dont put anything into thick hide unless you are a dedicated tank with good enough +armor.
same with primal fury, it may look nice but you cant use up your rage in instances anyway. any mob/encounter that forces you to go bear would shit on you and generate a lot of rage.
you can swap brutal impact for improved shred if you plan to try dpsing :p

Well. Just as suggestion - and sry for beeing off discussion. I played druid now about tons of times 1-60 last 10 years. And i feel like The fastest way is specc restro and just equip feral gear. I might be wrong but it's my favorite way - gained clean(without backup) speed max of 6days 4hours for 1-60 on retail. Ps: Leatherworking is therefore good Choice to keep the gear up.

Last edited:
:D im using druid exactly in reverse :D leveling in feral and having intel gear in bags for dungeons :laugh:
haha :) well - guess for most People your Version will fit much better and i'm sorta alone with this opinion but i love it that way best.

Last edited:
i thing feralspec is better because you can fullfill any role you want, you can tank,dps or heal :) Imho feral with int gear is better healer than resto can tank or dps with dps gear :D

Y that might be true, but - and thats my point of view - you will never have the need of a drink if u use the right skills, cause your heal/manapool is so stronk u only need a small fraction of your mana compared to feral. Sure you do slightly less dmg but u can farm up to endless - and This is the bigger advantage for gaining lvls fast i think.

Last edited:
well, i cannot compare, cause i never before tried your spec, but rejuv and regrowth even with feral talents and items makes me all the time full of mana and hp. After this combo used, consumes around 30-40% of your mana ?
Still ticking when i am on another mob. Summary i was able to kill +/- 4 mobs before next rejuv and regrowth combo, and mana is fully back after second one :)

edit: levels pass 40 are harder to kill, so there is prolly needed repeat heal after 2nd or 3rd mob killed.

You lose feral swiftness at lvl 20-21, thats 10 more levels of running around the world with normal speed :/

How important is Improved Entangling Roots in PVP? Is Feline Swiftness useful after you have Travel Form? Does it increase also the speed when stealthed and is that useful in a fight?

How important is Improved Entangling Roots in PVP? Is Feline Swiftness useful after you have Travel Form? Does it increase also the speed when stealthed and is that useful in a fight?

1. Not for feral imho. But it may be usefull for resto or balance. Pushbacks can be serious pain if your hots are not enough under presure.
2. For feral sure, other specs prolly not. Depends on your playstyle
3. It does. In feral its must have, but maybe useless in other specs. depends on your playstyle aswell

i know this is topic arround Feral, but, any good tip for Balance profesion ? alch herb ?

pve or pvp ?
pvp doesnt matter, but eng will serve you best.
pve - you need mana potions and demonic runes on cd,so alch+herb is way to go. But if you wanna maximize your char and be usefull as much is possible, ( not just tolerated) then i must recomend herbalism and tailoring. Some friends can brew you potions, and tailoring bloodvine set from zg is the best you can get.

Top Bottom