• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Filter Names of Gold Seller sites (but how?)

Smoker

Authorized
okojpg.JPG

I got whispered by 4 different characters in 30 minutes. There is no way to ban these characters one by one, and disabling their accounts etc.. so we obviously have to do some kind of word-filtering to get rid of this.

With the many work-around combinations they're trying out we'll prob need over 200 versions of that sitename blocked. unless there is a method to do it abit more smart.

Like block the message if the letters that type out the site name is found without any other letter in between the letters. so symbols like = - . , ? < etc would not matter at all.

I dont know if this can be done, but we gotta do something

Well there are various ways of filtering i could upload my filter addon "AntiTroll" which there should be an older version in the addon pack i uploaded last year but it is rather brutal towards gold spammers and extremely toxic messages.

In short if the message contains content related to being a gold seller or excessively rude you would never even see the message, spam is also reduced if done within a short time frame so if a person repeats the same 2-3 times you would only see it once unless he waits a short duration.

The addon's filter list is almost 600 lines long now with words half words and similar all rated from negative to positive 50 where the limit lies at positive 50. the addon is not useable for russians tho as it filters the russian language too mainly since i got tired of seeing russian messages in world chat XD

my addon would for example filter something like "you ******* ***** what the **** i am ******* your...." however a message like "why the **** did you do that ******" would not be filtered. anything containing 3x "w" with special signs or listing a price in usd or euro will be filtered.

Kronos does block gold spammers and they got a long list but they gotta be careful not blocking something that could be part of a normal sentence or language so the best way for you to protect yourself ahead of time is through addons.

Top Bottom