• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Filter out foreign characters

Geigerkind

Authorized
Filter out foreign characters in the world chat

Hey,

with the rising population foreign language in the world chat has become a problem. It is not only against the server rules to write in the world chat in another language than english but also annoying for the rest of the population.

eLEJHJh.png

Therefore I suggest to just filter out foreign characters in the worldchat to prevent the attempt in the first place. Im aware that this wont prevent languages like german in the worldchat but it is mainly russian that I see in the world chat anyway.

cheers!

Last edited:
This was never ment to be discriminating. The server rules ban other languages than english anyway in the world chat. Is that therefore discriminating? No. And here is the point. People are allowed to chat in there native language in every other channel other than the world chat and because some people seem not be able to follow those rules or simply ignore it, I find it more elegent to just ban those kyrillic characters for example so they cant write it the first place.

This was never ment to be discriminating. The server rules ban other languages than english anyway in the world chat. Is that therefore discriminating? No. And here is the point. People are allowed to chat in there native language in every other channel other than the world chat and because some people seem not be able to follow those rules or simply ignore it, I find it more elegent to just ban those kyrillic characters for example so they cant write it the first place.

Is this not already a feature in the chat addons out there? seems strange if there are non atm, maybe you can make one :)?

Also ban all russians from Cenarion Hold '16 , they use meldonium for extra stamina while farming carapaces...

Top Bottom