• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Filter

what feature should i add

• both black and white auto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both black and filter log

• both white and filter log

• only whitelist

• only filter log

• Total voters

Cr0wL0ck

Greeting's

as can be seen in link i have been working on a filter and multiple approaches to that even, i started a new thread since i wanted to ask some simple question's since i am now at the stage where the addon work's but this is a 3rd approach so the codes from before aren't being used although bit's and parts where re-used i mainly got my inspiration from later expansion addons which inspired me to make my own which as said is done.

so here is my question to you:

Do you want an automatic blacklist that blacklists people who not first time but if repeatedly get caught ?

Do you want a white-list that auto removes guild, group, friends and those you reply to in whisper from the filter so they wont be caught in the filter ?

Do you want a log to see everything that is caught ?

note: i will try my best to make this come true in case you want it.

what does it do and how does it work ?:

all words have a custom value, if that value exceeds a limit then it is muted but i can with some work add that to a minimize-able filter log as said above, you could for example say:

fuck you
stupid ****** go somewhere else

but if you where to say:

fuck stupid ******
get a life
anal [Ashbringer]
"aNal" your mother

then it would be filtered removing it before it is ever seen, the addon can take whatever comes is long as it knows the word's and those are what i am working on to perfect, at-least for the english language so feel free to give me your opinion and answer those 3 questions since i am unsure if i should add these features or not:smile:

Last edited:
I really like that you put so much effort into this. You show real dedication, but why is this such an issue for you?
The larger the community the more trolls or retards (sometimes just bored people) you will have.

well since Kronos hasnt yet released, i want to use my time constructively the way i can best for Kronos so it has some extra addons when it finally releases.

the reason i want a filter is to remove the worst hurtfull and dis-tastefull sentences.

anyone in guild or group are automatically whitelisted, and the addon filters based on an algorithm/pattern where words have a value depending on how bad they are, some you would need to spam before they ever get filtered and it sorts then case by case.

example:

below the treshhold:

fuck you
shit head
ffs stop that shit

above and will be filtere:

fuck fuck fuck
ffs ffs shitty cock sucker
mother fucking bastard
fucking jude
anal [Ashbringer]

note: they can try to cover the words up all they want but they wont be able to avoid the filter that easy, players on whitelist are never filtered so it is mainly the global chat, there is also an extra limit in case someone really goes overboard, but he would need to seriously spam constantly for some time before and then he is added to a blacklist which is now added, you can see the list and remove him manually.

so the filter only catches the very worst but leaves the small stuff so the chat doesn't get too filled but it doesn't go silent either :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

also a 2nd addon solves spam issues if a person spams the "exact" same sentence or word, most likely macro then you only see it the first time rather than 5-10 times in a row :smile: but that is only if it is the exact same from the same character:biggrin:

read and you will know :wink:

short version just for you:
A slightly intelligent filter that filters depending on how much trash a sentence contain's
each word has a value, sum them together and they make a long instinctive/hurtful sentence
since we don't want common trash talk or just a friendly rude reply to get filtered right ?

and just to make sure, anyone in guild or currently in group or those you replied to in wisp are white listed so they don't accidentally get caught up in this filter, so mainly the global/world and random players rage trash gets filtered into a separate log that is minimized by default but by a click opens so you can read whats filtered :wink:

in addition if the translator addon gets completed i plan on adding russian & Czech words only to the channel part, and make both addons a requirement for eachother, making them work as one and using the same info, since whats written in global/world will stay english or get translated automatically then.

example: this reply of yours sivul does score a couple points but the sentence would be filtered even if it was rude.
if you went lets say 20-45% higher on insensitive/insensitive words depending on combo then it would be filtered if you weren't in my guild, group or if i didn't wisp you :wink:

in addition: i am also working on improving the filter in CallToArm's and fusing the blacklists of this addon and that so it becomes easier to manage. if i find extra time and some help i will be able to improve WTS/WTT/WTB in a similar way as calltoarms does.

kinda fixing, making and improving stuff without being paranoid filtering everything + i use most of my time testing these so they actually work without bugging later on.

so the point here is to get the opinion of other players about extra's or what they want to vote on about additions i so far thought, or if they wanna correct me when i make something that is wrong.

when we want talk CZE ingame , isnt problem /join czsk or etc ...:smile:

there ain't no problem in it, but its for the better to keep global chat in English so the most can understand and communicate. guild, officer, group, wisp, yell chats can be used among people of the same language but channels are global, splitting it into multiple languages would kill communication and make the server feel less populated than it is.

thats why i want to make an addon that helps Czech and russian to speak english without having to lookup the most common words. the filter here is just to affect long sentences with Czech or english words so it would hardly filter any at all but the goal is to keep the "channels" in english so you dont suddenly end up seeing a wall of text in a language you cannot understand or suddenly you have to search for sentences in your own language... it is much more convenient if the channels stay english :smile:

ofc the main prio of the filter is spam/troll so as said it would hardly filter the languages so i cannot see the issue.

I simply have no use for global chats excluding for Trade and LFG purposes. If the server launches with global chats (faction specific) and those chats are in use, then God yes, I would very much like a filtering Addon that lets me see just the relevant messages for the chat channel.

That's a pretty difficult order to fill, so a filter that removes a lot of the vulgar / stupid garbage would be a tremendous boon for anyone playing the game.

actually i am working on what you dream of there, or rather it exists and i am simply improving its filter to be more accurate. it is called "CallToArms" and it helps searching and sort LFG LFM and LFR stuff without showing it in chat and without showing random stuff.

if i get better or someone helps me then i could add a WTS/WTB/WTT feature and you wouldn't need searching the chat for it but the addon would then list them in an easy to check window. but atm i am more than occupied with other addons and improving the filter on this one.

the only negative of the addon is that others need to be using it as well so i will include it in the recommended package for players to download before release so as many as possible start using is :wink:

addon for speak with russian :laugh:
and can i ask for addon what make me dinner ?!

Top Bottom