• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Final Stress Test and End of Beta

Uhum, Inda led two raids and kept it fun!

Alliance peaked ~230-240 I believe, while the Horde had over 400 players.
Kronos seemed very stable, but, of course, we're talking about only 700 players. Which is a lot more than I expected to show for a mere stress test however.

/applaud to everyone who showed up!

Kronos team may block that accounts who haven't participated in stress-test for the 28th-29th :angry: It would be the best solution to possible lags/DCs on launch.

Anyway, we couldn't except more players for a pure fun and help.

Kronos team may block that accounts who haven't participated in stress-test for the 28th-29th :angry: It would be the best solution to possible lags/DCs on launch.

Anyway, we couldn't except more players for a pure fun and help.

So because I was out running errands with the kids and fiancée today while the stress test was going on, I should be allowed to play on launch day? Yea sure it might be a "solution" to lag/DC on launch day, but its a shitty way to treat your player base.

Well, that was mostly a joke, and a bit of complaining about those who just don't care about anything. Sure they shouldn't block anyone.

Well I wish I'd have been online but it was the middle of the night in my timezone. I was on just before testing some stuff though.

Europe's not the center of the world!

Last edited:
I was alt tabbing between my horde and ally toons, which is allowed I believe? (no multiboxing ofc!) It was mostly to check numbers and I saw around 260 allies and 400 something hordies online at most. Thats pretty decent for a stress test because the days earlier on open beta we had around 100 players online testing stuff, myself included. Most people will show up on launch. Unless you follow the forums you can easily miss the stresstest and only focus on launch timer and the browse on to other news :p
Anyway, I went to get some coffee and when I came back it was hilarious to find my body suddenly lying dead, one shot by Kazzak, lol nice job whoever got him there.
One thing I think its safe to say after this all the indicators so far; We need more ally players! Balance is super important on a pvp server, so for all the undecided out there, please consider alliance! :smile:

We need more ally players! Balance is super important on a pvp server, so for all the undecided out there, please consider alliance! :smile:
C'mon, there's the Law of Large Numbers which will do everything for us :) We won't have such a low population which may lead to imbalance.

It's a bit strange that Russian players are way more balanced than all-over-the-world players: https://vk.com/wall-76718000_5378 (top 2 lines are Horde/Alliance) vs http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/85429-Poll-Which-faction-will-you-choose. But the imbalance in the forum poll is... rather little... hmm.

Check me please:
Code:
n = 315+277
susp_range = 277:315
probs = choose(n,susp_range) * 1/2^(susp_range) * (1/2)^(n-susp_range)
1 - sum (probs) #I believe it's p-value..?
If the last value is p-value indeed, than it's ~10.8%, so we can't say for sure that players aren't distributed 50/50.

And - does this one make any sense?
Code:
r = 277
z = 19/592 #277/592+19/592 = 1/2
tempf = function (x) {choose(n,r) * x^r * (1-x)^(n-r)}
norm = integrate (tempf, 0, 1)$value
res = integrate (tempf, 277/592 - z, 277/592 + z)$value
res/norm
res/norm is ~88% here. I dunno what it should mean.

Is there anyone who can clarify the things to me? I mean, what is (is there?) a "science way" to answer all the questions? Maybe I'm right with that p-value stuff? Maybe we should use t-test? But nothing is Gaussian. Or some rank sum test?

I'm afraid I'll fail the interview tomorrow... :(

C'mon, there's the Law of Large Numbers which will do everything for us :) We won't have such a low population which may lead to imbalance.

Well. I wish this was true my friend but there are plenty of retail servers that have been on "Full/High" population with faction balance that is 90% towards either ally or horde. Ally servers like Silvermoon, Ravencrest, Outland, Sylvanas and horde dominated servers like Stormscale, Kazzak, Draenor, are all jampacked with players. Hopefully this does not happen on one private server, so please come to alliance peepz!

It's a bit strange that Russian players are way more balanced than all-over-the-world players: https://vk.com/wall-76718000_5378 (top 2 lines are Horde/Alliance) vs http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/85429-Poll-Which-faction-will-you-choose. But the imbalance in the forum poll is... rather little... hmm.

Yes it is more even on the forum poll, but the stresstest showed us it was about double the amount of players on hordeside yesterday. So this is alarming still.
Maybe we need more americans since they tend to play alliance for some reason. :biggrin:

Well. I wish this was true my friend but there are plenty of retail servers that have been on "Full/High" population with faction balance that is 90% towards either ally or horde. Ally servers like Silvermoon, Ravencrest, Outland, Sylvanas and horde dominated servers like Stormscale, Kazzak, Draenor, are all jampacked with players. Hopefully this does not happen on one private server, so please come to alliance peepz!
Kel'Thuzad and Illidan both spring to mind instantly for me. The servers are like 90/10 A/H and 10/90 A/H.

It was just some examples I came up with of nearly full servers that are extremely onesided. This was made to counter the "Law of Large Numbers which will do everything for us :) We won't have such a low population which may lead to imbalance."-argument :yes: I believe we need to promote alliance a bit and hopefully the balance will sway to be alittle more balanced. On a pvp server the faction numbers are extremely important for a healthy game down the road, otherwise we risk the snowball effect where everyone that is new goes to horde because they'll assume its the "best" faction. Same thing everywhere :crying:

It was just some examples I came up with of nearly full servers that are extremely onesided. This was made to counter the "Law of Large Numbers which will do everything for us :) We won't have such a low population which may lead to imbalance."-argument :yes: I believe we need to promote alliance a bit and hopefully the balance will sway to be alittle more balanced. On a pvp server the faction numbers are extremely important for a healthy game down the road, otherwise we risk the snowball effect where everyone that is new goes to horde because they'll assume its the "best" faction. Same thing everywhere :crying:

Yes, I agree with you, I was just pointing out two examples that immediately sprang to mind for me, servers I have personal experience playing on (on the lopsided faction)

Ah alright then! :)
Btw, does anyone know when the beta will end exactly what time? I am still able to log in :cool2:

I don't think you should compare it with retail unbalanced servers. 1) Cross-servers technologies; 2) Kronos is unique, all retail servers are the same (content-wise), people can move from one to another for a small fee etc. Would be a shame if Alliance die here, but I don't believe it. Yesterday - 1) Maybe there was more fun around Orgrimmar; 2) Most of Beta testers just love dueling, and Horde is considered to be better PvP-faction.

Actually, I just wanna play Horde no matter what, that's why I'm disputing :)

Top Bottom