• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin First time healing, could use some help.

leeges

Hello.

I'm going to make a Paladin as I want to PvP once I get epic gear from raids at level 60.

I was just wondering, after looking at old videos of Holy paladins healing.. they are able to easily select a target in the raid and heal without having to mouse over. I was just wondering as a guy who never raided before, do they use addons? What addons should I use for healing? What useful tips are there to make life easier?

I also wish to know how difficult it would be to obtain a epic 2 hand weapon as a holy paladin? As I said, I wish to PvP mainly since the epic gear works for all specs but I know it is near impossible for a Ret paladin to join a raid when I can just be holy..

Thanks in advance,

Leeges.

All healing classes use addons, "Grid" is just one example.

I don't personally know about Paladins but I've raided on a priest for a few years on another project and it's a whole different game that takes time to get good at. The faster you learn how to and understand downranking heals and become good about not OverHealing(waste of mana) things will become easier.

I don't know but I've heard as a Paladin in raids all your really there for is your 10min buffs and off heals.

Another paladin who will gquit after getting ashkandi :D

As for UI, I recommend setting up Luna Raidframes found here:
https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/releases
When installed use /luna config and /luna menu to edit its settings.

Your job is just to have enough mana to spam flash of light on your assigned tank or other targets (We aren't downrankers like priests are), to bop casters about to die when aoeing / overaggroing and to download the palypower addon to easily buff those 15mins groupbuffs, just bring 300-400 candles a raidnight and just click dat addon. Have fun getting dat PVP gear.

Oh and start doing scholomance, the libram is the best paladin item until naxx.

Oh and another oh, wait 1second with judgement of light on fights like vael, all 10 other paladins will use them on the pull so you can easily overwrite them 1sec later, protip.

Last edited:
I don't know but I've heard as a Paladin in raids all your really there for is your 10min buffs and off heals.

Not sure if troll, but I can ensure you that paladins are one of the best healers, and their healing capabilities are not lower than any other healing class. Their most important features: infinite mana (with the right spec/gear), can dispel everything (except curses), BoP, BoF, Divine Shield, Divine Intervention.

1. Install Decursive addon and make a macro like this:
Code:
/decursive
With this simple macro you'll be able to dispel anyone around you (and you can also setup target priorities with /dcrshow).

2. Create a macro like the one below to heal anyone around you below 85% health:
Code:
/script for i=1,40 do TargetNearestFriend(); if UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target") < [COLOR=#008000]0.85[/COLOR]  then if UnitIsPlayer("target") then CastSpellByName("Flash of Light") end end end;

Other than this, you'll mostly spam Flash Light and /decursive all the time, oh and don't forget to BoP those damn warlocks who always overaggro!

P.S. Don't forget to install PallyPower, it's a must!

Last edited:
Top Bottom