• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Forum Thread/Post - Feedback

Cr0wL0ck

I would like to suggest improving the forum thread/post creation option's.

-currently whenever you make a thread or reply the box you write in doesn't reflect how it looks even if you look at the preview... you can try writing ------------------ from 1 side to the other and when you post it you will notice that you added too few or too many ---- for that line. this is the same while you are in edit so it is extremely bothersome to make a beautiful and detailed thread/reply not to mention if you paste something at the top of a long sentence you are redirected to the bottom instantly after pasting it...

-it is great how you can see on twinstar.cz what ip address logged in last but it would be more convinient being able to trace the history 10-50 logins back, or to lock your account to the current IP-address for those who have the same and thereby increase security. ofc you would then get a lockup code sent to your email in case you changed ip address, or a 3 question un-lock like resetting a password.

-i know most wouldn't pick the same forum name as their login name, but i am sure there are still many and among those you can literally guess their account and then by trial and error guess your way to the password or add a code-breaker to run through them all since your account isnt locked after 5-10x wrong attempt's so i would like to suggest, allowing player's to pick a nickname instead of their login name or like Q-gaming did and how blizzard does it, allow players to use their avatar of an existing lvl 10+ character as name+avatar.

-after 5 login attempt's the account is locked and needs to be manually unlocked with the email you are sent. you will also be informed of what ip-address attempted this in case someone is trolling you and then block/blacklist it from your account.

-allow a player to change account name/login to their email or for a minor donation/vote points, completely change it but the ID is set in stone.

-improve "messages" so rather than creating a new message each and every single time they are instead listed and editable similar to a thread. otherwise you will often reach the limit or a conversation might be spread through multiple pages and hard to follow up

-color all the options in a similar style rather than white background, and align them rather than all leaning to the left leaving the right side empty

-add a .lua code type similar to wow-one forum's. it is similar to how your
Code:
 does it but it colors and sets up the text to look similar to notepad++ and therefore much easier to look through.

[COLOR=#00FF00]-[/COLOR]add a function under settings to enable a sound whenever you are voted +1, similar to wowhead.

[COLOR=#00FF00]-[/COLOR]remove atleast 1 linebreak from update notes since currently it seems like updating a thread adds  2-4 blank linebreaks before the reason and time for editing shows up which looks silly when a short sentence/reply has been edited since the edit note gets so much attention, just take a look below this. there are no linebreaks below this sentence but editing notes adds them[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
1) Do you mean the buttons in the post editor, just above the text field?

2) There is no LUA code addon for VBulletin afaik. wow-one uses IPboards, a different forum type. But I will forward it to the forum admin regardless.

3) Clicking the name produces a dropdown menu for me:
submenu.png

Are you sure you didn't click elsewhere?

4) Forwarding.

5) That would be useful for a chat, but for a discussion forum?

6) You can see the total amout of +1 as "Experience". And when you get a new +1/Cool/Facepalm, you get a Notification.

About the forum, we also have a section for this kind of reports and suggestions, can you browse it or is it hidden for you?
http://forum.twinstar.cz/forumdisplay.php/104-Forum-suggestions-and-comments

1: yes :)
( maybe remove the background color and change the yellow hover select to a slictly darker than background ? )

2: it would be helpful having that when posting .lua code
3: wrote it wrong :) meant that instead of the dropdown just to link to the last post within the thread since whenever you click there the original intent is to see the last post in that forum rather than clicking on last page number and scroll down :)
4: thank you
5: the sound would be something similar as wowhead has, an on/off but off by default, simply to signify someone +1 commented you somewhere :biggrin:
6: you learn something new everyday ^^ i though experience was a way to estimate vote/donation or similar later on :)

You can browse instantly to both first NEW post since your last visit, or to the last post in the thread. The latter can be alternatively done by simply opening the last numbered page of the thread.

functions.jpg

Last edited:
also i was wondering if you could fix the copy/paste that each time you paste something it automatically scrolls to the bottom rather than stay where you where when pasting it :)

and the length of the box is of a different length than when you finally post it so it gives the wrong impression, you could gain that length by adding all smileys under the smiley popup above that currently only contains from :smile: to :wink:, while the smileys on the left side contains 10 more. :)

- - - Updated - - -

as an example for the copy/paste, try to jump 10 lines down with enter, now paste anything or use a smiley at the top or center, it will return you to the bottom once you paste it.

the length of the box you write in is this long:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when you write it, its exactly the length but when you post it, it seems like it is 2x "-" too long, but if you then enter "edit" then it suddenly seems to be 11 too long. so the length of the bare is different from when you first add a reply and when it is posted and when you enter edit, each of them has different sizes without changing the font accordingly :)

Last edited:
would it be possible to reduce the linebreaks added to a thread after editing ?

atm i suspect the code looks somewhat like this:

posthistory.php:
PHP:
<?php
<br>
<br>
Print "last edited by $user; $date at $time";
?>

would it be possible to remove atleast 1x <br> linebreak if not both ? :)

note: this was done fast and is just a sketch of an example, this thread i edited on purpose and try look how many linebreaks there are below before the edit print :S

Last edited:
Why is that an issue?

not an issue but simply "feedback" since it kind of looks odd/wierd that a sentence suddenly becomes 2-3 lines larger without anything in it. not a big deal tho but removing a single <br> from the .php script would be quite simple. i just think that a thread shouldn't fill more than the content is meant to from the one who wrote it so adding 2-3 lines in addition the the posthistory.php looks wierd from my point of view.

but as said this is just "feedback" :biggrin:

Just an idea but what about changing the forum background for something related to World of Warcraft ?

:smile:

Just an idea but what about changing the forum background for something related to World of Warcraft ?

:smile:
great idea but they should leave the grey/smooth look and then add the art above it so its not just a simple screenshot but something they customized to fit in with the rest of the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea :smile: hmm if they had to add some art then i would point at the loading screens or the old vanilla art book which contains a ton of colorless warcraft art, some would only need to be toned a bit down and edited into pieces then i think it would fit perfectly on the websites current background :biggrin: here's an example of one of the good loading screen art's link, at least that's my opinion on your idea.

@Goris: I fail to understand why the first thing you do is troll around ? please enlighten me or did you really have to do that... i don't think that "Wind" gave his honest idea just to have it shot down with a troll link, or if it is towards the whole thread i would understand you even less since this is a "suggestion" forum right ?

Forum is designed in the same style as twinstar main page. Twinstar have payed al lot for a profesional website. Maybe you can't see that, but this forum is shared with all TS projects.

not saying it is bad, just giving an opinion/suggestion and it depends on if it was written from scratch without any CMS which is rather rare or if it was made using a simple like wordpress in which case you can change things rather easily since most modules are free or if they used drupal in which case most modules cost...

well i don't know what they used since all CMS systems has pro/cons or who made it i just wanted to suggest and give an opinion since i know a website's design is never set in stone :wink:.

A harmless neutral opinion/suggestion can't harm anybody.

@Goris: I fail to understand why the first thing you do is troll around ? please enlighten me or did you really have to do that... i don't think that "Wind" gave his honest idea just to have it shot down with a troll link, or if it is towards the whole thread i would understand you even less since this is a "suggestion" forum right ?

I fail to understand why the first thing you do is label my suggestion as a trolling attempt. I didn't give my honest idea just to have it labeled as troll and ignored. It's sad that you dismiss peoples' suggestion so quickly, without even considering them when, after all, we are in the suggestions forum, right?
(Or maybe you don't know the picture is wow themed? That would be even sadder tbh.)

... he suggested "warcraft" content and you go out of your way to find that and call it warcraft ?...

this link that you gave is a poorly drawn paint picture of a stop sign...

this sign can mean 2 things:

1: It is misspelled and supposed to say STOP and not SOTP
2: It stands for "Sum-Of-The-Parts" which is a technique used to analyze a company's business value... you take it all apart in theory and look at them individually first and then as a whole picture....

where is the Warcraft in that ? if it is supposed to go on the background shouldn't it be Warcraft related and obvious instead of something random made within 5-10 min. paint...

but please tell me then as to how and why this picture is obviously warcraft themed since i cannot see it as anything except a bad troll-joke...

Last edited:
so i was right.... poorly written stop sign from paint....

this is not "warcraft" related but rather a cheap movie based on Onyxia raid with a poor sense of humor...

but please tell me how a random picture from a random part of a random old youtube movie of a random onyxia raid be "Warcraft" themed ?...... how can 1 picture alone symbolize "warcraft"...

so i was right.... poorly written stop sign from paint....

this is not "warcraft" related but rather a cheap movie based on Onyxia raid with a poor sense of humor...

but please tell me how a random picture from a random part of a random old youtube movie of a random onyxia raid be "Warcraft" themed ?...... how can 1 picture alone symbolize "warcraft"...

its for people who can talk about everything. Its a bit weird you dont know about this movie (which i personalyl find very funny).

as you say "its for people who can talk about everything", not really warcraft related as in what you would want as a websites background but rather something you talk about when you don't have anything else.

and it amazes me how Lharts always will be there to troll comment, but most importantly... i cannot see why it is such a big deal why i don't see link as something warcraft related... if it was made in blizzlike art or a picture of something within the warcraft lore or universe then it would at least make sense, but a misspelled stop sign from an old movie...

As if I wasn't serious when I told you to calm your titties. You are too uptight.

Top Bottom