• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Freezing Band - Boss Proc

Cpstabber

Authorized
In retail I was a mage and ran 2x Freezing Band. Our second Rag kill in MC, during the knockback it procced and froze Rag for 5 seconds in the biggest ice block you can imagine. Mages jumped 1 or 2 spots on dps meters due to the 50% crit increase with shatter. (patch 1.9 allowed the proc to be considered a freeze).

My question to the developers if this will remain true on your server?

Anybody else have awesome past experience with these rings as well?

:O Didn't know it could freeze rag, never seen that!

They are fairly nice in PvP, I used one for a little while.

I'm affraid, that bosses are generaly immune to root effects so this can't happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n61G8w5DxPM
Check this. You can see him getting the frostbite effect a few times, even just for a fraction of a second. Also I remember our mages freezing Raggy and cheering about how it was possible. Nice damage burst, can't hurt anybody and it's Blitzleik:O (it's not only the ring's effect, the talent works just as well)

Last edited:
I think the big question would be - could freeze blocks be put on a boss like this during the 1.12.1 patch? Earlier patches might have had loose ends where unusual things could be done to different bosses, but the last state of the game pre BC might not have allowed for it.

i remember a time in the first months of wow where you could stay out of combat during most mc bosses we had at least 1 oc resshman it was fixed in later patches but it was cool at that time

This was when Naxx was out. And it was for the full duration. It does not fall under the same category as other snares/CCs as suggested by: Aieris. So true to the fact that I tanked on my night elf warrior evasion stacking tank, I ran 2x frozen bands with weapon enchant for frost damage so bands would increase it. It procced on my first tanking job in ZG on the first boss. Procced 6 times. X 5 seconds, 30 seconds of damage mitigation these rings could bring to a raid.

Side note, it does stall the raid timers the more often it procced, had to add up the DBM 5 seconds each time you saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I was on Vanilla retail on PVP Server Warsong. Alli Human Mage named Shokcer. Damage Inc. Top DPS.

Top Bottom