• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Frequent disconnects

Shaze

Hi I am having frequent disconnects from the server, it has nothing to do with my internet and I just cant specify the cause of this. They occur at least once in hour, sometimes even like 3 dc's in 10mins. It happens in middle of combat or dungeons or even when im just walking in a city. I thought that it might be some addon, but I use a lot of them and cant really tell which, since the disconnects dont have anything in common except the fact that the screen suddenly freezes for like 5 seconds and then i get dc. Any ideas or suggestions welcome.a

Edit doesnt work. Just got another dc while alt tabbed (I was afk like 3mins).

Bump this, exactly the same problem. It just drops me to login screen in a middle of the fight constantly. I've tried to delete WDB folder and changing realmlists, but no luck.

If I was you I would try to borrow a other computer like a laptop abd test. That way I would know if its the computer or the internet connection.

only disc I got was from something that felt like a packet validation against hacks. other then that... does it happen when you jump down somewhere?

If I was you I would try to borrow a other computer like a laptop abd test. That way I would know if its the computer or the internet connection.
It's not the internet, my connection is stable around 30-60ms. And jumping has nothing to do with it, anything I do ingame has nothing to do with it.

Okay so I got 7 disconnects in 10 minutes while in Wetlands. I can't play like this WTF. Anyone who can help? I can log back in everytime no problem, my internet is working, is stable, i have stable 60 FPS. I tried disabling all addons, still having the issue. I don't have this problem on other vanilla private servers, i played on K1 before on the same PC and didnt have problems either.

It happens when I walk, it happens when I sit and dont do anything, it happens when I fight mobs ... I just absolutely cant figure it out.

new to KIII.. can't log in not sure what my login should be but shows disconnected every time ... any ideas

Try disabling wifi on your router and play wired, had same problem and that works for me. Tried everything else, (changin any possible setting from W7 internet protocols), no issues with other games thoug

this is normal on server like this, same like people getting banned without a reason

Try disabling wifi on your router and play wired, had same problem and that works for me. Tried everything else, (changin any possible setting from W7 internet protocols), no issues with other games thoug
For some reason I didnt get any disconnects for past 2 days and I dont think i changed anything. Didnt play that much though. Thx for tip, but unfortunately I can't do this.

Anybody got a fix for this? My problem is exactly the same as Shaze is describing. I tried turning off all the antivirus and firewall protection and I still do get the disconnects. I only get it on this server and Internet connection is as stable as a rock

I think I found a solution. I've had no disconnects so far in 2 days except some critical errors but thats another story.
the steps I've taken are:
-Swapping to Nostalrius WoW 1.12.1 Client (I used the torrent kronos one before)
-Forwarding the ports 8000-8100 on the firewall. Theres a reddit thread about this.
-Re-enabling windows defender. I tried disabling any antivirus and firewall yet I still did get the disconnects. Sometimes warden disconnects you if the antivurs blocks some action.
-Delete WDB. Sometimes theres some faulty junk left over from other servers which may cause some issue.

I'm not sure which step it exactly was that helped me but I think it had something to do with the client I was using. It either was modified with something that warden (anticheat) didn't like or had some patch3 datas which are sketchy.

If you have the same issue try swapping out the client or disabling your antivirus. It's one of theese 90% of the time.

I think I found a solution. I've had no disconnects so far in 2 days except some critical errors but thats another story.
the steps I've taken are:
-Swapping to Nostalrius WoW 1.12.1 Client (I used the torrent kronos one before)
-Forwarding the ports 8000-8100 on the firewall. Theres a reddit thread about this.
-Re-enabling windows defender. I tried disabling any antivirus and firewall yet I still did get the disconnects. Sometimes warden disconnects you if the antivurs blocks some action.
-Delete WDB. Sometimes theres some faulty junk left over from other servers which may cause some issue.

I'm not sure which step it exactly was that helped me but I think it had something to do with the client I was using. It either was modified with something that warden (anticheat) didn't like or had some patch3 datas which are sketchy.

If you have the same issue try swapping out the client or disabling your antivirus. It's one of theese 90% of the time.

I was disconnect-free for a few days, maybe a week, but suddenly I got 5 disconnects in 15 minutes. I am using Windows 10 Windows Defender + MalwareBytes. I tried disabling the antimalware for now and will let you know if it helped. I cleared my WDB folder before, so I doubt that's the problem and I should be using the nost client as well.

Anyway thx for the information!

I just started having this problem yesterday after playing absolutely DC free since K3 launch. Not sure what is up. Will post if I figure out a solution.

Ok guys, I may have found a fix. I made a change and my disconnects stopped. Tonight I got DC'ed about five times in an hour. This problem just started a couple of days ago out of the blue. I had comcast out to my home and they said everything was fine. I bought a brand new modem/router and replaced the ethernet cord. Still was getting dc's.

Here is what I did, I went into my device manager and found my network adapter. Somehow the power setting was changed to allow the computer turn off the adapter to save power. I disabled that feature. Logged back in and was able to play without any dc's.

I don't know how this became a problem all of a sudden, but I am thinking it could have been a recent windows update or something.

Going to bed but will see how it goes tomorrow and post if it is still going well or if the problem pops back up.

Thought I would share this possible solution just in case it is a good fix.

Good luck.

My issues have been going on and off for some days. I don't know what's causing them, but the MalwareBytes is NOT one of them and I cant replicate the issue. However I have noticed that these disconnects happen more often in peak hours.
Therefore I call server problem, since my internet connection is really great and I have very low ping.

Actualy, that problem with wifi going into power saving mode was problem for me as well. It seems like W10 does not count some games communication as internet activity. Altering power settings to never go into power saving mode for everything solved it for me as well.

Good to hear. I too have been completely DC free for the last 10 days. So it seems like that was definitely the fix for my problem.

Well I have had 7 disconnects in 30 mins of Molten Core today.

I'm just gonna repeat what I said before that I dont know what is causing the issue.

I have maximum power set in the power savings at all times, so this wasnt the issue for me. Also I dont lose my internet even for a second since I can always hear my friends on teamspeak/discord talking, no lags, only disconnect from game. My friend suggested its probably some addon, but unfortunately I cant afford to lose any of the addons im using now, therefore I will just delete WDB folder (again) and addon data in my WTF and see what happens.

I have no hopes though and with so many disconnects its pretty unplayable.

I have the same thing, I disconnect on a regular base. More so when I recently entered an instance or when using the AH. Tried a few times without addons, same thing. Might need some more testing but I start to wonder if it might be something else, like router settings or whatnot.

OK i deleted all addons data, WDB folder, even uninstalled like 75% of my programs, defragmented disk, double checked router and restarted several times and I still have the same issues ...

Top Bottom