• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Information Frequently Asked Questions

zarquon

Dear Players,

this topic's purpose is to answer the most frequent and general questions regarding Kronos. You may also ask your own questions in this thread. However, be advised that some questions may not be answered for various reasons.

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please give a rough estimation on a period between the release date announcement and the release? I mean, will there be "Praise Sun, server is coming next week" or "next month" or "on several month"?

It'd be good to have the same answer to the question about possible open beta period as well. Something like "if it'll happen, it'll definitely take less than a month".

P.S. "That being said, you will not have to wait long for Black Wing Lair and Zul’Gurub." - we'll remember it, be sure :)
P.P.S. Thanks for the FAQ update once again! Still hope that this isn't everything we're getting this week...

Do I have to use the TwinStar Launcher?

No, realmlist.wtf: set realmlist wow.twinstar.cz

People said (psojed I think, maybe even others) that the twinstar launcher doesn't work for vanilla. Was that resolved? If not, could you consider removing the mentions of it in the mainpage How to?

Can you please give a rough estimation on a period between the release date announcement and the release? I mean, will there be "Praise Sun, server is coming next week" or "next month" or "on several month"?

We always intended to have at least a few weeks between announcement of launch and actual launch to build up some extra pre-launch hype. That being said, much as our original timeframe, this is not set in stone.

It'd be good to have the same answer to the question about possible open beta period as well. Something like "if it'll happen, it'll definitely take less than a month".

I'll go out on a limb and give you this: If it will happen, it will most likely take significantly less than a month.

People said (psojed I think, maybe even others) that the twinstar launcher doesn't work for vanilla. Was that resolved? If not, could you consider removing the mentions of it in the mainpage How to?

Indeed, thank you for pointing that out.

Glad to see the FAQ updated as requested by the community. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
We always intended to have at least a few weeks between announcement of launch and actual launch to build up some extra pre-launch hype.
Nice to hear!
I'll go out on a limb and give you this: If it will happen, it will most likely take significantly less than a month.
At last someone from the team went out on a limb. You're too careful, guys! Lie to us more, if it'll help to avoid new "soons" and "laters" :D

Anyway, thanks for the answers.

Oups, sorry =) I'm quite sure it will. They aren't planning to delay anything except some raids, AV and Dragons of Nightmare. And DM, maybe. For example - they're not delaying battlegrounds even while they were added in some patch.

Oups, sorry =) I'm quite sure it will. They aren't planning to delay anything except some raids, AV and Dragons of Nightmare. And DM, maybe. For example - they're not delaying battlegrounds even while they were added in some patch.

Dude, no need to attempt to enlighten me, i know what's written in official release schedule and follow project quite closely.
I am asking for things that were not announced yet. Thanks for trying though.

Great FAQ, thank you for them :) If I may have only one more question ... If you decide NOT to have an open beta, would it at least be possible to launch a test server or something like that maybe 24h before launch so we can just try to log into game and see if our client and addons handle it fine?

Great FAQ, thank you for them :) If I may have only one more question ... If you decide NOT to have an open beta, would it at least be possible to launch a test server or something like that maybe 24h before launch so we can just try to log into game and see if our client and addons handle it fine?

There are plenty of vanilla servers out there for this.

I have read many times here on forum that client from server X doesn't work on server Y. So even when my client works on other servers I don't feel sure that it will work on Kronos.

I have read many times here on forum that client from server X doesn't work on server Y. So even when my client works on other servers I don't feel sure that it will work on Kronos.
If your client works on more than one server, it is guaranteed to work on Kronos. The reason one client is working on other servers isnt that feenix apparently changed some files or so in theirs.

If your client works on more than one server, it is guaranteed to work on Kronos. The reason one client is working on other servers isnt that feenix apparently changed some files or so in theirs.

Close. Feenix link a client that they have altered themselves (which is strictly against the law. Holding a private server is not, but altering the actual software is) to automatically connect to their servers...amongst other features in the game. Since a lot of vanilla players actually download their client from feenix themselves (it is widely linked and torrented), it leads to a lot of people finding problems when trying to connect to other servers, as just changing the realmlist will not work...since the client itself will be pinging the wrong server whilst trying to find the new server set in the realmlist.

Just make sure your 1.12 client is a clean blizzard client and it will most definitely work.

Last edited:
Hio, sorry to be a bother but I have a few questions which I'm not 100% on from reading the post/rest of site and sorry fi this is the wrong section/topic to post in, wasn't sure where questions went.

I've seen that the ejecting from boat bug is sorted.. does this mean the problem is solved for the mac client bug where it ejects you too? Unfortunately I've yet to be on a server where thats fixed :(
I get why, not everyone has access to a mac for sorting those specific problems but I'd love to not have to lvl a mage on a 2nd account to get around / carry swim speed potions / log out and back in to avoid fatigue water.
edit: forgot beta had started >.< It does still kick me off.

On that note... I've read that tabbing between characters is fine. On previous servers I've made a mage on a second account for water and getting around quickly, I'd be in the habit of starting cast portal then tabbing to the other toon and running to where the mage is.
My question is does the anti-cheat thing detect that as multi-boxing as 2 toons will be performing actions simultaneously, the mage will be casting while the other toon is running.
Thought I'd ask as I dont want to get banned and its only a time-saver thing, can not do it like that if its a problem :D
Same for enchanting another character's gear if its on a 2nd account, tab to trade and enchant, etc... I expect this may be covered by the ait tabbing hit but considering the time I'm expecting to put into my toons I don't want to take any chances =/
Very sorry if the answers are on another post.

Last edited:
I can answer your second question. Kronos server uses something called Warden which is a program Blizzard runs in the background of each player to check their computer processes. This way the server admins can see the processes that are running alongside that of the Blizzard client.

Hello, please, I am looking for any information about old characters from Kronos II. At the first moment (when Kronos II ended) there was information, that old characters will be gradually revival.

Is this still actually or how it looks like with these old characters?

Thank you :)

Top Bottom