• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Fresh vanilla server in the works?

Ultimatez

Hello, I really believe if Kronos were to launch a fresh, unpogressed vanilla server within the next month it would be massive.

Several things would contribute to the hype: a lot of people are frustrated with the state of classic but have no other fresh server from a well known team to go to. There are posts on the wowserver Reddit every day asking for the best vanilla server with a high population.

Also, project1999 (EQ pserver) just launched a patch that many are disappointed with and now a lot of players are saying they will not play this project's new server in October because of it.

I think there are a lot of MMO private server players looking for the "next big thing" and Kronos has the perfect resources/reputation to attract potentially thousands of players. Maybe build hype for a few weeks with a launch date and release in October. I know I'd play

I wonder if that is sensible right now. Kronos I is struggling, it needs some advertisement before dividing the population between several realms.

Well from what I've seen over the years, an already-progressed realm has a hard time attracting new players regardless of the quality or amount of advertising.

However, the reputation of kronos as a well scripted vanilla server is very prevalent. A ton of people had their old server shut down and are looking for a new vanilla server that doesn't require a sub fee or force them to deal with the ease of classic. And there are also seems to be quite a few people who haven't played vanilla much, if at all, looking to experience it for the first time.

I think if a fresh server was announced and advertised even just a bit, word of mouth would spread like crazy over just a couple weeks

Well from what I've seen over the years, an already-progressed realm has a hard time attracting new players regardless of the quality or amount of advertising.

However, the reputation of kronos as a well scripted vanilla server is very prevalent. A ton of people had their old server shut down and are looking for a new vanilla server that doesn't require a sub fee or force them to deal with the ease of classic. And there are also seems to be quite a few people who haven't played vanilla much, if at all, looking to experience it for the first time.

I think if a fresh server was announced and advertised even just a bit, word of mouth would spread like crazy over just a couple weeks

I agree. But I feel that these "reboots" should be few and far between, and they should be announced well in advance. This should also probably only take place after Classic has been out for a couple of years and (assuming Bliz doesn't do some sort of reboot) there is a widespread desire to "start over fresh."

Top Bottom