• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mage Frost mage vs Hunter

That is how I meant it. I just don't get people that say "mimimi" vanilla is easier than other WoWs, WoW in general is RNG based and not a game that's only about skill.

vanilla is also very gear-based (despite some posts that i've read saying otherwise), and that's mostly because of lower ilvl gear being itemized like shit and higher gear being op-itemized. skill in vanilla can get you far, but if you're fully geared and have consumables available, the amount of skill you need drops substantially because you'll be at the point of two-shotting many classes. this won't be much of an issue here tho until AQ40 arrives, and later Naxx.

^ not
The addons are way more gear dependent then vanilla. In vanilla you can PvP with blue dungeon gear while you can not do that even in TBC. Gear is just harder to come by.

WoW in general is RNG based and not a game that's only about skill.

WoW is RNG based? Hmm sry but I disagree, there are games like Hearthstone which ARE competitive where SO many cards have RNG factors to them (to an absurd amount). Imo WoW never made it to e-sport competitive level because of class balancing and class synergies which couldn't/weren't controlled.

I mean which RNG factors are there (talking about Vanilla now)?
Warrior/Rogue only crit. And when people have 25%+ chance to crit... I mean if people have 1% crit and crit they are lucky but with that much crit it's just natural I'd say.
Mage: Impact/Frostbite
Warlock: Nightfall
Shaman: Windfury
Priest: Blackout
Paladin: Seal of Command

Sure there are some factors but saying WoW is RNG based is an exaggeration. I'm not saying WoW PvP is all about skill, imo its about Class Matchups / Skill / Gear and RNG lastly.

Last edited:
Yes, it is very gear based, but yes you can also pvp with low gear, where as on later expansion you cant beat wrathfull with furi

I also heard that "diss". When I was starting out with my mage, I used to duel a tons. So later on as I got geared I remember Evilbringer (some people know xD) told me that I got really bad with gear. And I guess thats just naturally what gear does, makes you lazy

there are games like Hearthstone which ARE competitive where SO many cards have RNG factors to them (to an absurd amount). Imo WoW never made it to e-sport competitive level because of class balancing and class synergies which couldn't/weren't controlled.

Let's be honest here. Hearthstone is only played competitively because a huge company like Activision-Blizzard made it so it's popular and not because it's a good competitive game. Having a few tournaments doesn't make a game competitive, even WoW had tourneys lol and Hearthstone is a casual game in its core.

I agree with you that WoW isn't competitive only because of RNG. To have a competitive game you need great balance between it's elements and for WoW it would be homogenized classes (which blizz tried to do and the end result is what we have now with shitty expansions). And of course everyone should have the same items. In the end you either have an RPG or a competitive game and I'd rather play WoW as an RPG.

Let's be honest here. Hearthstone is only played competitively because a huge company like Activision-Blizzard made it so it's popular and not because it's a good competitive game. Having a few tournaments doesn't make a game competitive, even WoW had tourneys lol and Hearthstone is a casual game in its core.

I agree with you that WoW isn't competitive only because of RNG. To have a competitive game you need great balance between it's elements and for WoW it would be homogenized classes (which blizz tried to do and the end result is what we have now with shitty expansions). And of course everyone should have the same items. In the end you either have an RPG or a competitive game and I'd rather play WoW as an RPG.

Check. :)

Against marks hunters, you blink up (if they get the jump on you) and nova them with their pet if possible.

Sheep the pet and CoC the hunter (shatter combo will just get scattershotted).

Use scorches and instants while keeping ice barrier up.

Only use ice block if they use their feign death trap combo on you.

When your nova is back up they will NOT have scattershot back yet, so try and get a shatter combo on them at this point (this is usually when they will try their feign+trap combo. so the shatter will probably fail. worth trying at this point though).

Now they will scatter you even though they are not in a frost nova (to gain distance on you). You blink back up to them now.

Basically, you are just using instants and keeping ice barrier up. This is what a duel looks like against the best marks hunters. Expect them to trinket out of your first nova too, which is why it is not a good idea to try shatter combos against hunters unless they are bad.

Against a BM hunter, just do the normal nova and shatter combos, and when they pop BW iceblock for full duration, cold snap (another iceblock for dull duration), then proceed to destroy them when BW is over. If you outgear them, you may only need 1 ice block.

Question time.
1. What to do with Viper Sting? Don't Ice Block? Can it be dispelled by some anti-venom? Just eat it anyway?
2. I noticed that some pets are immune to poly. Is that a BM hunter or it just applies to tigers/cats they have as pets?

Top Bottom