• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mage Frost Nova mechanics?

gotmilk0112

What exactly are the mechanics that decide when Frost Nova breaks from damage? I can't seem to notice any pattern to it. I've seen it break on the first attack from big hits and I've seen it break on the first attack from tiny wand hits; I've gotten 2 crits in a row and it still didn't break, as well.

Is it just random?

Does it matter? You know that Frostbite is going to proc off the first Frostbolt/CoC or Ice Armor proc

Noone knows but Staff and I doubt they will tell you.

I too got the feeling that Frostnova and Fear are broken a little bit. Its nothing major, but it just feel kind of off.

From what I can tell, it seems to just be a random chance.

I've gotten crits on Frost Nova, and it didn't break. Also got crits on Frostbite, and it didn't break, but those were pretty rare.

I also tested with just wand attacks doing 20-30 damage, and it would still usually break after 1-2 hits, rarely 3.

So yeah, doesn't seem to be based on % of mob health, but rather, just a random chance on every direct damage hit.

Top Bottom