• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Mage Frostbolt Damage Calculation (spreadsheet)

Smoker

Authorized
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8cfAGgaozJTxENk_YtLvWv5dQNm8C8v9zdvaMEdMF8/edit#gid=0

Made this spreadsheet to compare items and see what would yield the biggest upgrades.
I assume that bosses have the level-based resistance equal to 4,5% resist chance to binary spell (=frostbolt) that cannot be overcome by spell penetration. Thefore the chance to resist cannot drop below 5,455% even when you reach the Chance to Hit-cap at 16%

If you can spot an error in there, feel free to point it out, i admit my eyes got a bit blurry starring at decimals when i made it.

Found a thread where it said that it was 8 resistance per level. This would add up to 24 resistance vs bosses resulting in 6% damage loss.

reading up on the resistance, and it seems the 24 resistance is the general consensus, although their so called 10k+ sample tests are not shown anywhere or the links are outdated.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topi...aster-mechanics-level-based-resists/?p=236418
We know binary spells can counter the level-based resistances. The only thing that we don't know is whether they don't suffer from it in the first place or if penetration works for them.

since curse of elements is pretty much garanteed to be up in raids, the 24 resistance is countered right there, so might as well remove those 6% completely from the calculations

What the thread says it that you CAN NOT counter the 24 resistance by level difference. Not with penetration and not with Curses. The 24 always remain.
I was under the impression that it was 5 per level, like the 315 def thing for melee.

The links are infact outdated and you can not view the data anymore. Since noone in the thread was complaining I assume that the data provided was genuine.

If the assumption about binaries is true you can still cut off the 6% cause frostbolt is a binary spell.

Vanill is lacking some good dps calculators. Nice effort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom