• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

funnest night in a long time, thanks kronos! (world PvP in hillsbrad)

yungfuture

Hey friends,

a few words I thought i would share about my Kronos experience thus far and why tonight sealed the deal for me, despite some bad experiences with the Kronos community.

So as a nost player migrating to Kronos after the big announcement, I found a tough start. I had heard stories of fellow nost refugees receiving gold and bags and gifts from the native players....
this was not the case for me.

As i leveled thru duskwood, and redridge, being constantly camped by lvl 60 horde at lvl 17 and 18, i was pretty discouraged. Especially after asking for help in world chat lead to several comments about how "I deserve to be camped" and "thats what we WANT, for horde to KILL you until you leave". I have to admit this was a pretty lame experience. The community felt cold and hostile, all i was trying to do was play the game we share a love for and here i am being told I should be banned and leave.

This was pretty discouraging and i figured whatever, i'll stick it out till 60 and it wont matter at that point , we'll all just be raiding. so after pushing thru early STV and wetlands and all that, i get to southshore.

This is where, tonight, at lvl 33/34, i had the most fun i've had on WoW since back in the day. Me and another rogue grouped up in Hillsbrad to do a little PvP, mostly players out levels, he was 25 and me 34, so anywhere in that range.

This started an all out, 4 hour war ending in a 10 man raid group of pretty constant members on both sides (shoutout to burnysanders, undead mage, ill see you next time ;) ) and although i have to say it was pretty clear we were the "winners" if you wanna put it that way it was truly fun to not be rolled by 60s within minuts of PvPing, but rather duke it out with other players my LvL for hours and hours, in the end some 60s came and killed us anyways but really we deserved it at that point.

Anyways, what im trying to say is, despite the cold welcome and mosntly anoyying world chat, it's clear the spirit of Vanilla WoW is alive and well here on Kronos, and im glad i could be a part of it

Gleesh.

yea well try that on horde side. you wanna know how world pvp on horde side feels during leveling?

lvl 60 warrior with thunderfury and his friends camping tarrens mill.
several lvl 60s walking up and down the road of stonetalon and killing everyone for days(yes days not hours DAYS) you cant even band together aganst 60s. and when you try to incite some pvp 10 minutes later a 60 plops out who will rage kill for hours all the low levels.

you were just lucky. 1 in 50 moments is like this but overall the "old community" is just some old sad sacks that bitch about how there is no wpvp in org while the opposite faction camps the low level questhubs. atleast thats so far my picture of the horde side of kronos.

i do miss vanilla but seeing this makes me realize no vanilla server ever will have a true vanilla experience because people are shitheads. and instead of fighting high level contested zones they truly believe that killing lowbies is wpvp -.-

i wish this was patchstate where killing low level gets you dishonorable kills, modified so it only applies to zones under lvl 50

Last edited:
Im not as far yet progress wise, and Im not from nost (first private server), but I have had good luck partying and chatting in general so far. Yes there are occasionally unpleasant people, but retail was no different =)

Im not as far yet progress wise, and Im not from nost (first private server), but I have had good luck partying and chatting in general so far. Yes there are occasionally unpleasant people, but retail was no different =)

retail in 2005 was pretty much VERY different. started on destromath and later moved onto aman'thul whoever claims this low level ganking is part of the true vanilla experience is a liar or never played back then.

Last edited:
Depends on the Server you were i guess :D i had these situations in Stranglethorn or Ashenvale every time i played.
The bad boy PvP guys just wanted to have their own Thread on the Blizz forums where someone flames about the evilness of this crazy awesome guy. :D
I loved that!

The world pvp is encouraged by players normally i am sure you can always have a war when there are others willing to take part :)

Depends on the Server you were i guess :D i had these situations in Stranglethorn or Ashenvale every time i played.
The bad boy PvP guys just wanted to have their own Thread on the Blizz forums where someone flames about the evilness of this crazy awesome guy. :D
I loved that!

really seemes to have been a server thing. the 2 i mentioned were german ones and wpvp in low zones atleast on these 2 was only between the appropriate lvl ppl questing there. sure 60s roamed these areas too but they always only looked for other 60s.

Hey friends,

a few words I thought i would share about my Kronos experience thus far and why tonight sealed the deal for me, despite some bad experiences with the Kronos community.

So as a nost player migrating to Kronos after the big announcement, I found a tough start. I had heard stories of fellow nost refugees receiving gold and bags and gifts from the native players....
this was not the case for me.

As i leveled thru duskwood, and redridge, being constantly camped by lvl 60 horde at lvl 17 and 18, i was pretty discouraged. Especially after asking for help in world chat lead to several comments about how "I deserve to be camped" and "thats what we WANT, for horde to KILL you until you leave". I have to admit this was a pretty lame experience. The community felt cold and hostile, all i was trying to do was play the game we share a love for and here i am being told I should be banned and leave.

This was pretty discouraging and i figured whatever, i'll stick it out till 60 and it wont matter at that point , we'll all just be raiding. so after pushing thru early STV and wetlands and all that, i get to southshore.

This is where, tonight, at lvl 33/34, i had the most fun i've had on WoW since back in the day. Me and another rogue grouped up in Hillsbrad to do a little PvP, mostly players out levels, he was 25 and me 34, so anywhere in that range.

This started an all out, 4 hour war ending in a 10 man raid group of pretty constant members on both sides (shoutout to burnysanders, undead mage, ill see you next time ;) ) and although i have to say it was pretty clear we were the "winners" if you wanna put it that way it was truly fun to not be rolled by 60s within minuts of PvPing, but rather duke it out with other players my LvL for hours and hours, in the end some 60s came and killed us anyways but really we deserved it at that point.

Anyways, what im trying to say is, despite the cold welcome and mosntly anoyying world chat, it's clear the spirit of Vanilla WoW is alive and well here on Kronos, and im glad i could be a part of it

Gleesh.

It's just so god damn beautiful.

Hm... tarren mill is constantly being camped... As a matter of fact as I speak now.. a 60 rogue and 60 hunter are just killing everyone they see in tarren mill haha.

Bruhhh I second this post. 2 rogues trollin Hillsbrad turning into a 10 man raid is for sure a success. Kudos to the horde for gettin it done, too. Made for a solid night of PvP. Much more to come in STV dude.

Top Bottom