• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warrior Fury Warrior Spreadsheet

ohganot

Authorized
I picked up the fury warrior spreadsheet from Nostalrius forums and edited it to be accurate for Kronos. You can see all the development made in the changelog sheet.

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16FGXAjUfP-5QSwkCLIs7W2f6Z0y4UvmB

This spreadsheet is a good source for comparing specific items, finding stat weights and BiS gear. The resulting DPS number should be used as a metric for comparison, it won't be the exact same dps you would see in-game, but it's nonetheless accurate for comparing items.

If you're interested in Warrior related discussion and theorycrafting, you're also welcome to join my Warrior discord: https://discord.gg/dSHv6Vd

Proc rates for weapons can be seen in the "Server Specific" sheet. I manually tested each of them, so they should be mostly accurate. Let me know if any of them are wrong.

Note - you need to download the spreadsheet and open it with either Excel or LibreOffice. Make sure you have iterative calculations enabled. If you have any question or feedback regarding the spreadsheet, join the Warrior discord and there is a specific channel for spreadsheet related discussion.

- Steppenwolf

Last edited:
I'm afraid the dagger combo doesn't come even close, it's preferable to have a slow weapon in MH.

You can change up the fight duration to whatever you like.

- - - Updated - - -

As a horde player, it might be interesting to try out Untamed Blade - its a uptime based proc of 300 strength, which could be very very strong, since my formula gives it 50-60% uptime. If your guild uses all armor reduction debuffs, it might the best 2h weapon.

Why is it preferable to have a slow weapon in your MH on alliance? A faster weapon means more Heroic Strikes. Faster weapons are also far superior when executing.

Slower weapons boost Whirlwind and Overpower damage, benefit slightly more from flurry and usually you're not ragecapped anyways from my experience, since you can spam heroic strike + hamstring.

I agree, faster weapons are better when executing and thats why you should switch to a faster weapon during execute phase.

You are currently assuming proc rates of 8% on both Empyrean Demolisher and Ironfoe.
Stopped parsing there.

Demolisher
7vk5K1A.jpg

Ironfoe
QVS08Yd.jpg

Slower weapons boost Whirlwind and Overpower damage, benefit slightly more from flurry and usually you're not ragecapped anyways from my experience, since you can spam heroic strike + hamstring.

I agree, faster weapons are better when executing and thats why you should switch to a faster weapon during execute phase.
Whirlwind is an extremely small portion of your damage.
Overpower should almost never be used by a warrior with full world buffs.
Switching weapons costs a global cooldown and resets your weapon swing.
If you are running out of rage with world buffs and you are spamming hamstring, then you should stop using hamstring. You shouldn't really be spamming hamstring as Alliance anyway.

You are currently assuming proc rates of 8% on both Empyrean Demolisher and Ironfoe.
Stopped parsing there.

Demolisher
7vk5K1A.jpg

Ironfoe
QVS08Yd.jpg

Ironfoe proc chance is 4% according to Chero on the bugreport. Don't forget ironfoe procs two hits. I simply wrote 0,08 in the formula instead of 0,04*2.
Empyrean 8% proc chance i got from a old bug report, it seemed accurate enough after testing on PTR. If you find me the actual proc chance, I am happy to change it.

Last edited:
Overpower and Hamstring calculation makes the spreadsheet different from reality, because Overpower is only good in very specific circumstances and Hamstring is better with proc based weapons, so its very difficult to come up with a good formula for those.

Last edited:
current BiS weapons for alliance fury warriors with full buffs and consumables are, listed from best to worst:

MH + OH
Empyrean Demolisher + Anubisath (This is actually better than most Naxx weapons)
Ironfoe + Anubisath

Ironfoe still useful... Devs please reduce Ironfoe proc chance to 1%, can't allow this.

remove procs from the game so its easier to balance

weird enought that its widely accepted that a lvl44 glove is considered a BiS item for a very long time, but people lose their shit if a weapon of a higher grade can achieve this aswell.
some procs are off though, I agree

remove procs from the game so its easier to balance

weird enought that its widely accepted that a lvl44 glove is considered a BiS item for a very long time, but people lose their shit if a weapon of a higher grade can achieve this aswell.
some procs are off though, I agree
not even close to the same thing
ironfoe was bis game by far and increased your dps way more than edgemaster's or any other item possibly could
edgemaster's were only bis pre-aq if you had no world buffs AND you weren't human/orc

as I said, some procs are off (at least I believe so, but thats besides the point).
ironfoe was also alot more powerful than intended because the proc system for extra hits was bugged.
its not just that. CTS vs Viskag is the same again where a proc weapon can outclass a seemingly better alternative.

there are procs in this game that scale rather absurdly. extra hits like HoJ or Thrashblade etc are just some of those. or felstriker.

my point beeing, if an item is overpowered for its level or the amount of effort it takes to get it is comparably low it is not enough reason the 'nerf' (idk if that applies to private servers) it when it was INFACT that overpowered in retail.
ironfoe was strong and would get stronger and stronger the better your gear becomes. The same applies to the Emyprean Demolisher (I tried to look for the correct proc chances, but couldn't find anything conclusive).
items that scale with gear are hard to balance and blizzard more than once failed to do so. for me thats a big part of vanilla. its not streamlined.

lets take that one step further. granted this is a naxx item, but anyways. if you dual wield https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=23221 how strong is that combo allowed to be so it doesn't pale boss loot? if my memory doesn't fail me it has a 5% chance to proc.

NOTE: the proc applies to both weapons and abilities twice (10%~ per hit in total). double chance to proc on mainhand, double chance to proc on offhand, double chance to proc on abilities

Can you give a rundown what things you changed from the nostalrius version?

edit: nvm i see the changelog

Last edited:
Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom proc rate
Resistance calculation for maelstrom/thunderfury (currently using a 0,8 multiplier for resists)

Just did a 10 minute test for maelstrom and heart of wyrmthalak.

Resistance is boss-specific. You have 17% spell miss + spell resistance. In aq40, bosses have ~90 nature resist and ~120 fire resist. CoE is -75 fire res, and thunderfury proc is -20 nature res. We should also keep in mind 15% Scorch debuff and the 10% damage boost from CoE. Resistance-based damage reduction is equal to spell resistance/4.

In total, these factors give modifiers of:
64,3% for nature damage (assuming 0% thunderfury uptime)
92,1% for fire damage

My trinket test gave proc rates of 2,6 ppm for Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom -> 376 damage per minute
And Heart of Wyrmthalak 2,9 ppm -> 401 damage per minute

Turns out heart of wyrmthalak is actually pretty good.

Last edited:
Are you sure that those trinkets are PPM based? They could also be a set proc chance for all weapons.

Edit:

Tested them on PTR; they are PPM based for sure. The actual PPMs are harder to get though, 10 minute tests simply arent enough. Did about three 15 min tests and got 2 PPM for Maelstrom, 3 PPM for Heart of Wyrmthalak. Still need more testing to confirm.

Last edited:
Vis'kagg 6%
Deathbringer 8%
Where did you get this information? I recall testing it and finding viskag = 2 ppm and deathbringer = 1 ppm, but can't confirm now. Shadow coefficient should be roughly the same as fire, don't have any data on boss shadow resistance though.

Formula for net hit MH/OH are not correctly calculating weapon skill (b38,c38). Sheet is giving +0,04 hit per point of weapon skill. On Kronos you are getting 0,2% per point for the first 4, +2% total for the 5th and +0,1% for weapon skill points after that.

source: dummy testing, correct for at least +4, +5 and +7 weapon skill

edit: base miss chance also seems incorrect. Should be 8% / 27% vs. bosses for Kronos (unsure about DW miss). Also unsure whether weapon skill gives +crit or not on Kronos.

Last edited:
yeah that sounds like, the dead standard 0.2% miss per skill if diff >=15 and 0.1% otherwise. the source kronos devs use is incomplete, they didnt bother differentiating bonus weapon skill from gear and base weapon skill that is capped by your level. Ill fix the sheet later today, this makes edgemasters much stronger than on retail hence maces arent going to be so hot.

base miss chance should also indeed be 8/27 rather than counting rating diff twice eg 8.6/27.6.

BRE / UtB procs and such will be incoming soon, after you find the uptime, the probability of having a n number of stacks is a geometric series. I agree that UtB does have a lot of potential, though the flawed weapon skill formulas along with edgemasters greatly tip the balance toward DW.

Last edited:
Top Bottom