• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Game on!

Draakmis

Looks like Gms 'OKayed' me to hack BGs!! my fave is jumping behind the alliance/horde flags rooms, so i cant be hit, and jump through the walls to pick up the flag/cap it. Game on. Thanks Lightsky!!

Really makes Kronos pro server!

9sh1di.jpg

Hack? All i see is terrain exploiting through the use of in game mechanics. Whether or not this should be ok is another issue but please don't confuse hacking and exploiting terrain.

I wanted to make a topic about this myself, but here it goes, I`ll just copy what I wrote.

Soo I made a report about player standing on a wall on Horde roof in WSG last month.
https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/118038-Jonezy-Other

GM Lightsky answered today and wrote: "Kronos does not have a policy against the "safezone" mentioned above. The zone is reachable by any class/race through non abusive/exploitative means."

While I couldn't care less about Jonezy and that particaular situation, I wanna discuss Kronos' policy regarding safespotting. Obviously this place is not intended to be reachable by players, more so because he is out of line of sight even though there's nothing between 2 players, 1 on top of the wall and 1 below - there's an invisible wall between them.

If this is allowed because "every class/race can reach the zone", does that mean we are allowed to go around and do stuff like this because "everyone can do it"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MRAJVlMNx4
Secondly, if you allow only stuff that all classes/races can do, why is mage blink from the ground below to Horde graveyard allowed?
Does this means we are allowed to hide behind the textures just because everyone can get there?

This and for example that spot in Alliance Flag Room (https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/115633-Carebearzz-Other) make no sense to be allowed. Even if I climb that wall in Horde base, what am I supposed to do there as someone who plays a hunter, melee autoattack the target until death? Or that spot in Alliance Flag Room, what are rogues supposed to do, leave stealth and jump around without an opener, basically their strongest side? I'm fine with "it's alowed if every class/race can do it", as long as every class/race can counter it as well. Like jumping on tunnel roofs, that's fine. But in these 2 situations, for some classes even if they get there they are useless. This is obviously an abuse and should be treated as such.

I played on Feenix for 4 years before Kronos and all these jumps were possible, but these specific two and similar to them were forbidden cause it didn't make any sense to keep them allowed. You guys really needed to realize that some of these jumps can be countered by ever class, and some can not. Those that can be countered by everyone like Horde GY jump, both tunnels, Ally GY, resto/berserker huts those are fine, but these that make some classes useless should be out of the picture.

Now that you gave your bliss to this spot, people started doing it whole night. Leaf got reported not half an hour after you said it's okay and some others did it as well. People complained that in one game someone stood there for more then an hour without anyone being able to touch him. Do you really want Kronos PvP, which is pretty weak atm already, to turn into obvious safespot abusefest and jumpfest in the corner, even though you deny that's the case? This whole night of WSG, after GMs response, can be summed up into this sentence: Horde FC standing on the wall with 7 Alliance jumping in the corner forever without success, whereas all other Horde go and chase Ally FC around other base and overwhelm him pretty fast.. Even an Alliance guy took the flag in one game and climbed up there for lols, Horde tried jumping and jumping without any success until they gave up and started /afking out slowly xd Do you really want Kronos PvP to turn into this?

---------------------

Here we have Draakmis announcing he's going to hide behind the textures and shit just because everyone can do it, and I don't blame him since it's officially allowed, everyone is going to start with it.

Better cut this shit out asap, everyone was waiting for merge in order for PvP to get saved, last thing we want is expansion of people hiding behind the textures and safespotting like this.

2 things worth mentioning in my opinion

a) kronos staff should not be encouraging the use of those areas. You don't want to make this an unpleasant place to pvp. There is a line between those that did that once and those that do it for griefing (or whatever term you want to use) so start banning those.

b) players should show some basic sportsmanship and stay away from these behaviors. Even if you will not be banned you will most certainly gain the reputation of a High Warlord/Grand Marshal Dickhead and that is far worse.

I know how to solve this problem...que up for the superior battleground AB

you know, the BG where you fight instead of exploiting the terrain to prevent the other team from returning their flag

I am guilty of safespotting myself before, however I stopped doing it just because of my competitive nature (AKA IM BADASS AF AND DONT NEED TOO). AnyWHO I just hope other players can quit wasting time and bs with these spots. I understand you guys want gms to fix this shit, but PLAYERS (which is a small pop pre-merge) can fix this problem themselves so I can see why the GMs are taking their time with this issue.

Strongly agree with sarei and oid. It's been clear for a long time that kronos staff does not condone safespotting/terrain abusing in any way.

Therefore it is up to the community to show sportmanship and have a basic set of agreed upon rules to not use the cheesy wsg jumps to keep the game more enjoyable. Always gonna be shitters though just gotto live with that.

If I see this happening in a game I'll just leave cause i don't wanna deal with the faggotry. You should do the same.

The easiest way to solve these problems is to record how to get to the spots, so we can add some invisible blocks there. Having Game Masters come into the battleground is not the optimal sollution.

well, i think some people are laughing about this (especially war sole) but i was hated, insulted w/e because i jumped onto the wagon next to the horde gy, because this spot was just unreachable for alliance :wacko:.... just smiling about whats going on now :lol:

well, i think some people are laughing about this (especially war sole) but i was hated, insulted w/e because i jumped onto the wagon next to the horde gy, because this spot was just unreachable for alliance :wacko:.... just smiling about whats going on now :lol:

can confirm

fuck u

Top Bottom