• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Game Pads

MCSlavenH

So, I've used a Zboard Fang gamepad for over a decade, and it is now giving me issues, since I have upgraded to an Alienware laptop. It would be nice to have a new one, as it is old, and probably slower response times than new equipment. However, Idealizon/SteelSeries do now make a gamepad with this layout design anymore. It would also appear that no one else does either.

So with this in mind, I would like to know, what gamepad you use, that is compatible with Vanilla WOW?
OR
Do you know where I can get another gamepad that is not just 1/2 a keyboard that is easy on the hand as the Fang was?

Thanks

I'm having some success leveling a hunter with my steam controller (level 21 and counting). The controller allows for some crazy customization with mode-shifting which also pairs nicely with the game's ability to change keybinds and write macros.

Obviously, I'll need to make adjustments as my spell bar fills up, but that won't be an issue with how customizable the steam controller is. So far, things like pet control, swapping hunter aspects, and stagger-stepping my auto shots are actually quite manageable.

There are definite drawbacks, however. I have a wireless keyboard nearby for chat/auction house purposes since trying to type with the controller is just too slow/cumbersome for my liking. I have some clickable macros for /yes, /no, and /thank for basic player interactions, but it's just easier to type out longer strings on an actual keyboard.

Overall, it may not be the most efficient playstyle, but it certainly is a lot of fun being able to adventure around Azeroth on the big screen from the couch.

I use a PS4 controller and to run it on a PC, I use WoWMapper.

Last edited:
Top Bottom