• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Getting rank 12

Backpedal

Authorized
I will have questions regarding honor farming and getting rank 12. I dont have huge 1.12.1 experience played just 2 vanilla servers before, so i hope some of you can share your experience. I dont even consider getting r13,r14, because I dont have that much free time. And for rogue(which i will roll when server opens) pvp gloves,boots and pants are pretty much BiS till aq40 + pvp set bonus for sweet +20 stamina.
1. Best way to farm honor at night, morning hours when server population is way lover and BGs doesnt go on? Some good spots for ganking or good Wpvp places?
2. Maximum i reached was rank 9 so for example if i would be on rank 9 then approximately how much honor i must earn to get from 9 to 10, from 10 to 11 and from 11 to 12?
3. What amout of honor could guarantee you rank 12 if your bar is at 0% on rank 11?
4. Does your pvp standing plays important role in ranking up? If we count that this will not be 5k online server(hope Im wrong).
I +/- know how honor contribution system works, just wanna hear some opinions from other palyers experience.
:whistling:

just wanna hear some opinions from other palyers experience.:whistling:
Sorry for ignoring this sentence :)
But afaik (http://www.wowwiki.com/Honor_system_(pre-2.0) and http://www.wowwiki.com/Honor_system_(pre-2.0_formulas)) your 2nd and 3rd question is senseless, since rank is decaying and any amount honor can't guarantee any ranking. You're asking about honor per week, perhaps? Then now I'll (at last) live it to those who know :) Or to those who're patient enough to read through that wowwiki-links and calculate.

The standing is the most important thing, since it decides how much you actually increase in that week. That results in the problem that low populated private servers often have. Since it's not that hard to get a good standing on a really low populated server, you can gain high ranks pretty fast and easy.

The important thing to get a high rank is to constantly get more honor/week than others, resulting in a good standing, which leads to a good rank.

Regarding your honor farming methods:
The best way to get honor is WSG, since you get much honor for flags and the marks. The honor you get for a kill against the same player decreases with every kill (max. 10x), reseting daily. Therefore you get much more honor if you do 3 WSG instead of being stuck in AV, since you kill the same players over and over again.
-> You shouldn't focus on the nights/mornings with low population, since the WSG will grand you the most honor and if you miss that, others will easily "outhonor" you.

Yes, there is no way of "getting rank quickly". All depends on your performance in comparsion to performance of others this week. So basicaly, you can earn 10K honor and have standing 3 (only 2 players had more) and you gain a a lot and next week you can have 150K honor and standing 120 because others farmed more and so you will gain much less than week before.

So lets make this clear, If im at rank 11 and to get rank 12 I must be atleast 17th(BRK[12] = 0.017) in Weekly Standing? And then honor gained doesnt even matter as long Iam in top 17 WS?

If you only played on Feenix servers then i hope you wont be desperate because of rank decay / pvp marks disapear within 24 hours in the mail / multiqueue. and im not sure how much work you have to do to get to r12.

I ran a PvP guild in vanilla, and have first hand experience with the higher ranks. I was getting ready to make a push for rank 13 at least, if not 14, when a flood of honor farmers moved to my server the week I was slated to hit r12. The other commenters here are correct when they say that your rank any given week is determined by your position on the server (I believe it's only your faction, but I could be wrong). There isn't a set amount of honor you've got to attain every week to gain a rank, or two ranks, it's all dependent on who is online at the time. Your best bet, if you want to make the push to 12 would be to queue for all the BGs via a multi-queue, and enter the first one that pops, ideally with 1-2 other people you're in Vent/TS/Skype/etc. with, so that you can best control the outcome of the game.

WSG is technically the fastest way to gain honor if you can run a full 10 man team that farms the other side, because you can finish a 3 cap in WSG in just over (or under if you have enough druids) 3 minutes with proper carrier rotations and GY farming. However, WSG can suck donkey nuts if you get into a stalemate, and I've personally spent over 45 minutes in a WSG at 2-0 when the other team through on their PvE gear and turtled their GY (a Naxx geared tank with 3 naxx geared healers is no joke to take down). Arathi Basin was my preferred BG to run, since the stalemate situation isn't a possibility, someone at one point will win and you will get another chance. It's also the easiest to turn to your advantage if you have the proper team makeup, especially if you're Horde.

To answer your questions specifically:
1. Best way to farm honor at night, morning hours when server population is way lover and BGs doesnt go on? Some good spots for ganking or good Wpvp places?
Hard to say. Personally I farmed Silithus, or went to places where people farmed mining nodes.

2. Maximum i reached was rank 9 so for example if i would be on rank 9 then approximately how much honor i must earn to get from 9 to 10, from 10 to 11 and from 11 to 12?
Impossible to determine, since this is dictated by the people on your server, as others have pointed out.

3. What amout of honor could guarantee you rank 12 if your bar is at 0% on rank 11?
A shit load, if you intended to do it in 1 week.

4. Does your pvp standing plays important role in ranking up? If we count that this will not be 5k online server(hope Im wrong).
Not sure what you mean by this, but if you're asking if your current rank affects your ranking speed, then the answer is yes. Honor decays, and it decays at a faster rate the higher ranked you are i.e. rank 11s will lose more honor per week, and must PvP more often to maintain their rank than rank 10s, who lose honor faster than rank 9s, who lose honor faster than rank 8s, etc. on down the line.

A shit load, if you intended to do it in 1 week.
You can get to 80% r11 if you finish as standing 1. Correct me if I am wrong.
45000 * 0.2 = 9000 decay
you get 13000 as st 1. 13000-9000 = 4000 gain.
49000 = 80% r11.

You can get to 80% r11 if you finish as standing 1. Correct me if I am wrong.
45000 * 0.2 = 9000 decay
you get 13000 as st 1. 13000-9000 = 4000 gain.
49000 = 80% r11.

I think you're right. It's been a long time since I've played a vanilla (7 years since TBC hit retail, no private server exp for me) and longer still since I was on the PvP grind. I thought you were able to go from 11 to 12 in one week, but I may have been thinking about 10-11.

If you always finish as standing 1:
1. week: 13000 -> R4
2. week: 23400 -> R6
3. week: 31720 -> R8
4. week: 38376 -> R9
5. week: 43700 -> R10
6. week: 47960 -> R11
7. week: 51368 -> R12
8. week: 54094 -> R12
9. week: 56275 -> R13
10. week: 58019 -> R13
11. week: 59415 -> R13
12. week: 60531 -> R14 yay

No, I am not autistic.

If you always finish as standing 1:
1. week: 13000 -> R4
2. week: 23400 -> R6
3. week: 31720 -> R8
4. week: 38376 -> R9
5. week: 43700 -> R10
6. week: 47960 -> R11
7. week: 51368 -> R12
8. week: 54094 -> R12
9. week: 56275 -> R13
10. week: 58019 -> R13
11. week: 59415 -> R13
12. week: 60531 -> R14 yay

No, I am not autistic.

Oh boi, thank god I "only" "have" to go for R12.

So, technically it would be possible to get a high rank on a new server without being lvl 60? If I would do lots of pvp on 19/29/39/etc. and be #1 every week, if would become let's say rank 8 after 3 weeks, while not being even 60?

Yeah technically it is possibly, but keep in mind that there is a lot more lvl 60 pvp then lowlvl pvp. So your chances getting standing 1 every week are very low at a lower lvl than 60.

That's why I meant on a new server ;). In the first 3 weeks won't be much 60 pvp I guess! That's exactly why I asked and this is the explanation why premades had rank 10 so fast on new servers where most people weren't even 60.

The rank you can get is limited to your level.
Additionally there must be enought players on the pool to hand out the full amount of Honor Points.

There is not much data collected on this matter, but search through the net you will find a few instances claiming that at least 500 players have to actively PvP (>15 kills) to get the full amount of Honor Points.

The rank you can get is limited to your level.
Additionally there must be enought players on the pool to hand out the full amount of Honor Points.

There is not much data collected on this matter, but search through the net you will find a few instances claiming that at least 500 players have to actively PvP (>15 kills) to get the full amount of Honor Points.

This.

One question: Will there be possible to multi-queue on Kronos? Cause on ED that didn't work.

Top Bottom