• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

global chats

harleyquinn

Is it possible to add more global chats to the game? Currently chat is a mix of normal/random/childish talk. People wanting to sell or buy stull. Or people trying to form a group. Or message can disappear so fast, after you have send one, just due to world chat alone, if you also got some other chats going, it can be almost impossible to keep up

1. You can create your own custom channel by typing /join chatName and people can use it.
  2. If you are concerned with flooded chat window you might try:
a) Using a different chat tab / chat windows for different channels.​
b) Using addons to reduce spam or filter the content you don't like.​

He has a point though. The hostility and childishness in /world is so awful that no one wants to stay in it unless they're actively looking for a group, which makes it not very useful for that purpose. It really is a cesspool. A bit of moderation of some of the more toxic elements would make it a lot more usable, especially for situations like when you're trying to post "looking for a tank for this instance" while some juvenile slap-fight is going on. It gets hijacked by that kind of thing way too often.

There have been a number of discussions on this matter in the past. Like it or not "world" chat is for everybody and if you feel there is a need you can make your own LookingForGroup channel and adverise it so people would use it but in the end even global chat that is maintained only for english-speaking people is pretty much abandoned and so would probably be any other such channel.

And policing people's speech wouldn't go far either. You might not care that people argue and people might not care you need a tank. That's life.

There have been a number of discussions on this matter in the past. Like it or not "world" chat is for everybody and if you feel there is a need you can make your own LookingForGroup channel and adverise it so people would use it but in the end even global chat that is maintained only for english-speaking people is pretty much abandoned and so would probably be any other such channel.

And policing people's speech wouldn't go far either. You might not care that people argue and people might not care you need a tank. That's life.

It is not so much about not caring about what is being said. It is just childish/immature stuff

Does that mean that if people happened to be arguing over politics while you were looking for a tank it would have been ok in your book?

Does that mean that if people happened to be arguing over politics while you were looking for a tank it would have been ok in your book?

Yes. Though i would say that there would be better places to do that. I used to play a game, where religion and politics was forbidden to talk about on the forums. Just due to the arguments people can come into over this. And how angry people can get over it.
Some of the childish things i saw the other day, was some just wrote anal and linked some item.

But thx for the advice on other channels

As for the "anal [link]" stuff. That is and has been for the long time considered flood / spam and has been punished with mute. I believe now you can use in-game Complaint system (right-click player's name in the chat -> Report Player For -> Spamming) to report such behaviour and he should be punished accordingly. It's not much but at least it should teach them they should not do that and should they continue they would at least have a record of spamming such things and I believe they might be punished more the next time.

Last edited:
As for the "anal [link]" stuff. That is and has been for the long time considered flood / spam and has been punished with mute. I believe now you can use in-game Complaint system (right-click player's name in the chat -> Report Player For -> Spamming) to report such behaviour and he should be punished accordingly. It's not much but at least it should teach them they should not do that and should they continue they would at least have a record of spamming such things and I believe they might be punished more the next time.

You can't right-click a name and report

You should be getting this:

GzbHby3.png

But you must not click on your name. That gives you a different context menu.

No. The screenshot was taken without any addons so I could be sure what I'm telling you.

These are the 4 options i got. Plus, how is that person able to spam so fast?

Two options. Either uses macro that has 4 same lines (or more) and clicking it makes it appear like that or he types it once, press enter key, then enter > alt+up arrow > enter and repeat many times. Tho I believe it is a macro.

I guess the Vanila client doesn't have that functionality then.

Might be, I never saw it myself.

For people that have problem with it remember you can use chat commands to do so.

Type in chat /ignore [nickname]

Instead of typing nickname after typing /ignore and a space you can LeftShift+LeftClick a nickname while you have a chat open to make the nickname of person appear in chat. Making it easier to type nicknames of people.

Bigger problem is that Blizzard ignore has only 50 slots per character and that is simply... Hard to survive. And addons only work for chat, don't give amazing function like blizz ignore to never be queued with ignored person upon one team in any ingame activity(rdf, rbg)

Top Bottom