• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Engineering Goblin or Gnomish

WhiskeyGuy

Authorized
Any overall recommendations for which spec? Someone told me that any specialization can use items from other specializations (e.g., gnomish can use Goblin Jumper Cables), so if that is true, is the only difference where you get to teleport?

True, one need Gnome/Goblin eng to craft those items only, and if they are not BoP, they can be traded and used by someone with the other spec.

I've got Gnome eng on my warr.

True, one need Gnome/Goblin eng to craft those items only, and if they are not BoP, they can be traded and used by someone with the other spec.
and http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=18587#comments:id=281311 and
what I've heard about the possibility of the others Gnome/Goblin exchanges

is contradictory to
I can confirm that as a gnomish eng you cannot craft or use the XL (2nd rank) version of the goblin jumper cables.

Maybe it's a bug if you cannot use XL cables as a gnomish engineer?

There are three types of engineering. Goblin, Gnomish and regular Artisan engineering. Unless an engineering item SPECIFICALLY states that it needs "Goblin Engineering (x)" or "Gnomish Engineering (x)" it is free for anyone to use. This means that Gnomish can use Goblin Jumper Cables XL and gnomes make whatever they make (d'oh, you'd think I'd remember what gnomes make with 300 gnomish) and share them with the Goblin engineers. Just check thottbot or wherever to be sure.

U cant craft them but u definitely should be allowed to use them.

I've been waiting for someone to do that and make me eat my words lol
I've been starting to second guess myself after you pointed out theactual item itself on twinhead, my source isnt from kronos so that might mean something

Maybe it'd be easier to ask in the world chat? I'm sure someone knows the answer there :) Always forget to do it myself.

Back in vanilla I could not use the jumper cable XLs as gnomish engi so I would assume it's the same mechanic here as well.

the only difference i know of on this server is the teleport destination. all other items can be used by any engineer, but crafted only by goblin/gnmoish

the only difference i know of on this server is the teleport destination. all other items can be used by any engineer, but crafted only by goblin/gnmoish

No. You cannot use https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=10725 (Gnomish Battle Chicken) as Goblin Engineer. And thats why you should always go gnomish engineering on any character you plan on DPSing on. (You can get a non-raiding alt to craft bombs (read: Sapper charges) for you).

If you onlt plan to PVP, I would still go for gnomish. Gives you acess to gnomish netomatic, and the portal trinket to Gadgetztan is more worth than the portal trinket to Everlook. Cause you can use it to fill up on Noggenfoggers - a very underrated pot for pvp.

You can have other people craft the net-o-matic, but I agree that the Gadgetzan teleporter is handy. If you don't go for gnomish engineering, you'll also lose the ability to get the Death Ray and World Enlarger which are somewhat commonly used.

With Goblin engineering you can reload your own goblin mortar once it runs out of charge and craft your own sappers.

Top Bottom