• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Gold?

howa003

Authorized
Hi,

how is it with amount of gold players usually have on lvl 60 in Vanilla wow? Like what is considered being filthy rich, what is the usual amount of gold people have if they make gold somehow but aren't hyped farmers? :D
How much gold do lvl 60 quests give in avarage? What are the usual prices for top ores, herbs, top crafted gear? etc.

Its a free Market. Prizes are a matter of supply and demand.
Quests don't really give you much gold. Its sufficient to learn spells and maybe some items from AH or food/drinks, but thats it.

Only you can define who is rich and who isn't. As soon as I got my epic mount and am able to buy all the stuff I need for daily progress (enchants, consumables, craftables etc.) I stop caring about gold.
1k can be considered alot already imo.

You will get alot different answers here obviously. Everyone defines wealth differently. For me its if I got enought that I do not need to care about it any longer :)

Its a free Market. Prizes are a matter of supply and demand.
Quests don't really give you much gold. Its sufficient to learn spells and maybe some items from AH or food/drinks, but thats it.

Only you can define who is rich and who isn't. As soon as I got my epic mount and am able to buy all the stuff I need for daily progress (enchants, consumables, craftables etc.) I stop caring about gold.
1k can be considered alot already imo.

You will get alot different answers here obviously. Everyone defines wealth differently. For me its if I got enought that I do not need to care about it any longer :)
damn mate he wanted to know what number in vanilla is filthy rich and what is considered normally wealthy not a philosophical answer... xD
Like in pandaria filthy rich person was a person with like 100k gold + etc...

damn mate he wanted to know what number in vanilla is filthy rich and what is considered normally wealthy not a philosophical answer... xD

Jesus... When I was at my peak with my prot warrior in vanilla I had 1k. Then I bought an epic mount and never went above a few hundred. but 100k? That's disgusting :D

Jesus... When I was at my peak with my prot warrior in vanilla I had 1k. Then I bought an epic mount and never went above a few hundred. but 100k? That's disgusting :D

Well you can't compare vanilla to MoP, the mounts cost way less and you get much more gold from farming/etc.

I understood. Its still a question that only you can answer for yourself.
I'd say once you bought all the stuff you need having a few hundred to 1k gold is normal. A couple thousand can be considered rich.

You happy now? :tongue:

I'd say once you bought all the stuff you need having a few hundred to 1k gold is normal. A couple thousand can be considered rich.

Okey, that's the answer I was looking for :D

But I guess since the server will be new, there will be very little gold in circulation, right?
So at the start everything in auction house will be around units of gold (not tens or hundreds). e.g. one stack of copper ore probably won't cost 20g :D
That given it will take long time to increase the amount of money in circulation (since Q and NPC's give little gold) => long time before prices start rising and I can make some cash from professions etc. right?

I guess that at some point the prices will stabilize. Have you played on Vanilla server with stable economy and prices and could you tell me the approximate range of prices? Like on TBC there stack of Adamantite cost 15-25g, Silver stack/20g, tanks were willing to tank dungeon for 50g etc.
Are those prices similar in Vanilla or is it way different?

How much does riding and mounts cost on Vanilla (lvl 40 and 60)?

EDIT: I know that little gold in circulation also means that I can buy from players for cheap, and that the amount of gold in circulation won't really effect Player-Player trade, but my main concern with little gold in circulation (=>little gold in my pocket) is Player-NPC trade (that is buying riding and mount:D).

Last edited:
What. The. Fuck?

Back on preWotlk Twinstar, there was really few tanks, so often people would give money to people to persuade them to tanking dungeon for them.

e.g. It was BT era and no one was running through Auchindoun dungeons. If you wanted Lower City reputation you needed to convince them to run with you through the dungeons => you had to pay :D

Last edited:
TBC has dailies that grant you quite alot of cash so I'd say no, vanilla prices would be alot lower then that.
Someone in the forum already said that he was going to play tanks 20g if he couldn't find anyone for instances.
It was pretty common to pay key roles for instance runs.

You will be able to make some dough with professions right from the start, just not as much as later on when people have their mounts and what not.

It does not matter if you get alot gold right right away. Same as you, other players also have monetary problems. Everything will be cheap at first so having little money won't be a problem. As long as you can pay for your skills and ride :biggrin:

Depends on your rep level, but before reputation discount training will cost you: 90g for 60% and 900g for 100%
Ontop of that you have to buy actual mounts. Actual mounts sometimes vary in how expensive they are. They are however much cheaper than the training(well in this patch anyway:p).

On my level 55 i considered 100 Gold to be Filthy Rich.
That meant you could buy a new Weapon with 5 Additional Strenght and 5 more Damage. (Not for the full 100gold noes)

But, epic mount is 1000 Gold ~. So thats filthy Rich x10 in my eyes :)

Mount prices:
regular: skill/mount = 90g/10g
epic: skill/mount = 900g/100g

There are 2 ways to lower the costs.
1. Farm reputation with the respective faction (5%, 10%, 15%, 20%)
2. get PvP rank 3 (10% reduction)

Ususally you have revered with your faction by the time you hit 60. 10-15% discount is normal.
So it costs you 850-900 gold in the end for epic riding.

Last edited:
Actually gold was esay to farm always, you just needed to know how to farm or better say less to die that you must not pay more repair cost(better your gear more repair cost :p).

Example back in days enchanters was rich like hell. Here example of a old poll how much player paid for crusader. http://freepollkit.com/index.php?browse=viewresult&pollid=1001404
"posted here half of the poll that not everyone must click link"
0-50 gold23 %178951-100 gold32 %2460101-150 gold23 %1789

[TD="class: answer"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: percent"]

[/TD]

[TD="class: votes"]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

And you see that players had the gold to pay it. That is just a example for enchanters in old days!
This will never happend again everyone will laugh you out if you paid for crusader 10gold+.

I think you will only make good gold for ore, herbs, leather(only at beginning) and annoying recipes like crit stones or chest greater stats(+4all stats on chest).

Lets say it like that, if you have mc/bwl out and your raid know everything (farm state) then you make +gold like hell without a profession.

I leveled several characters on Horde side pre Burning Crusade, and getting a mount wasn't a huge issue. If you don't buy stupid stuff from the AH, quest as much as you can, focus on upgrades mostly coming from quests and guildmates using trade skills that you supply mats for, the 100 gold cost for the first mount is met right around level 42-44.

1k gold takes a bit more effort to get by the time you're 60. Herbalism or Mining helps a ton in working towards it, as does skinning for those rugged leathers off of the Yeti in Winterspring.

I think the best advice I could give anyone playing on a private server is to have each character you want to level on a different account, alone and by itself, and have a final account that is filled with nothing but level 1 banker alts. And just skin, mine, and herb farm your brains out and save EVERYTHING from them as you quest.

To reply to the OP, I considered filthy rich anything above 1k. I remember it was taking me weeks to stack up some gold for my 100% and then I got a drop. Some "crappy" epic lvl 49 staff which had no spell damage bonus nor healing. But it still sold for like 450g at that time (lol), mind you, it was patch 1.5 or 1.6 probably, Idk exactly. So there went my mount as I had stacked up about 500 prior to that drop. After that, I never managed to stay above 500g till the end of Vanilla.
Truth is, that I was always pretty lazy with professions and stuff, so I wasn't exactly looking around much to make gold. It just went on somehow.

I believe, with such "relatively" small community, the biggest expense you will have to cash out will be your 100% mount. It might take months to get it. I am fully prepared to stick with my 60% mount for pretty much eternity :D Or if I remember correctly, if you manage to score rank 11 in PvP, you can get the commander 100% mount for the same price as the 60% normally. But I am not sure when this was implemented thus I am not sure whether it will be available at launch. Oh wait, now that I think about it, reaching rank 11 might as well take much more time than actually making the 900/1000g alone.

I remember when i started playing retail wow in vanilla...I never got my epic mount until TBC hit...100g was just too dam far away for a young casual.

Then I found out how to play the auction house...money became less of an issue. If I remember correctly anything ranging from 500g-1k is filthy rich. You MIGHT find some epic items up for that amount on AH after a few months when Kronos goes live.

On vanilla private servers, my experience with minerals and herbs is as such:

A 10 stack of copper (yes in vanilla the max stack for ore is 10) can range from anything of 15-40s given a few months...once the economy starts, and depending if its a peak time. Peacebloom? 1-5s a stack of 20. Silverleaf 5-10s. Earthroot 20-40s. Mirthil Ore would probably be the first crafting material to hit 1g a stack.

Guys... Filthy rich in vanilla would aprox 10k... I mentioned mop because they were the current numbers and i couldn't remember what was the filthy rich in vanilla but i remembered ( i was a beggar once and saw a dude gave me a g and then typed like 10k in trade to show me how much he has i almost fell off my chair).
Normally rich would be anywhere from 1k to like 5k insanely rich would be from 5k to 9k... The rest is filthy rich. :D

I can say, that as player, that spent average 3 hours per day ingame, i usualy had about 80g without hard farming. When i started to farm, i have earned about 80g per day only by vendoring what i've found.
So filthy rich is, in my opinion person, that have 100% mount + about 3k gold :biggrin:

Top Bottom