• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Gouge Restealth Thread

vez

Hello Kronos community!
Since the first vanilla private server I started playing, or to be more exact, PvPing, I was curious:
- is it possible to restealth if you used gouge vs target, havent got any stuff what making combat trigger again/keeping it up if you have improved gouge talent (3/3).
3/3 Improved gouge means CC time will be 5.5s
When I ask other class PvPers, they usually (90% of them to be honest) say its not blizzlike.
When I ask rogues they say it is. But still bigger part of them not sure it is.
Also on some servers like VG scripters made combat exit time 6s to make gouge/restealth impossible.
For example, some opinions:
6. combat timer, should be 6 sec instead 5. Restealth shouldn't be posible before gouge ends.
https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?issue=2904

Blizzlike'ness of gouge restealthing was proven by Perplexity in his movie too, but imo, it was kinda blurry cos of old video quality (120p'ish)
Then I saw this montage, made by pretty famous oldschool rogue Niar
Here we go
[video=youtube;xRXqNTZFgX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXqNTZFgX8[/video]
He have CB/Prep dagger spec, so pretty sure he have imp gouge leveled.
There is lots moments there he use that move, but imo one of most clear is at 17:18.

So, how do you think, gouge/restealth is blizzlike or there were some patchnote saying there were hotfix and its not possible to do?
Any opinion appreciated.

Last edited:
Combat cancel for pvp was 6 sec. If you didn't have an instant range attack/dot/faerie fire the Rogue could run away and restealth. However hunters/humans/subtlety rogues had advantages when stacking certain buffs which could make the tactic practically useless as they could still see you.

Doese anybody know whats the name from the Addon Niar uses for tracking the stuns? I've seen it (the one with the yellow bar) several times in some oldschool PvP vids and haven't found the name of it in any description...

Combat cancel for pvp was 6 sec. If you didn't have an instant range attack/dot/faerie fire the Rogue could run away and restealth. However hunters/humans/subtlety rogues had advantages when stacking certain buffs which could make the tactic practically useless as they could still see you.
videos have shown this to be incorrect. It seemed more like 5sec give or take. This is very much in line with oo5s rule. I've seen both happen in the same video. Mostly its close to 5sec (worst was above 7...).

From what I've seen you were able to restealth if lag didn't get in your way. With vanilla wows batch handing for 400ms intervals it often did.

Top Bottom