• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Group Etiquette

MCSlavenH

Politeness goes a long way, and it cost nothing but a few simple words or actions.

If the healer pulls one thing to kill, and the 3 DPS (5 man group) each do the same, and I've seen this happen, this is the setup for a group wipe. The RAGE Tank (Warrior / Bear) can no longer effectively generate rage. This will make it harder for the Tank to do their job. The Healer is now busy fighting and cannot effectively heal. This could result in the loss of your tank, not getting healed in time. When that happens, those mobs will most likely run to your healer, and they usually make quick work of a healer as a mob group. Now it's down to the 3 DPS that are left, and they are probably at about half health by now. I've seen DPS save the day at this point, but you are now pushing a bad position, that could have been avoided in the first place. Contrary to popular belief, this is not a win.

I believe everyone has seen this happen at some point. It is as much luck as it is skill that keeps the group from a wipe at that point. But, if no one alive can REZ, then it didn't matter.

TANKS:
Warrior and Bear tanks rely on mobs beating on them to generate rage. Without it, they can't do a whole lot. It is the core of who they are. Paladin tanks, are a true rare breed, as they do not require rage, and should have a sufficient mana pool to draw upon themselves. Stick together and kill whatever your tank is beating on. This does several things to promote success in the group. So, let the tank lead, and follow his lead. He is supposed to help you get through the dungeon safely. TAB between your Elite targets, to keep your aggro up on as many as possible.

HEALERS:
I've seen many healers that like to fight too. This can be a bad issue, and I do not approve of it. Not because they can't fight, but, now they are not doing their job. If a healer wastes mana fighting, then they are hurting the entire group, as now they cannot use that burned mana to heal with. If they are fighting a mob they pulled from somewhere, then they now have to kill that mob, before healing the tank.

DPS:
MAGES / ROGUES: Use your CC when asked, this should usually happen in the setup before a boss fight. Although, can be appreciated if things are starting to go bad.
ALL DPS CLASSES: Burn your tanks target to the ground. That's what you are there for.

GUIDELINES:
1) If you are beating on what the tank is beating on, then you will burn that mob to the ground super fast. If the tank is holding aggro, and he better be, then the only one that needs healed is the tank. This makes the most efficient use of the healers mana.

2) By following rule #1, the healer now can concentrate on healing the tank, and does not waste precious mana, or time, on having to heal an entire group.

3) DPS, should NEVER pull a mob, unless the tank asks you to do so. It takes a TAUNT, or 110% DMG for the tank to pull that mob back to them. Tanks are not known for their DMG, they are known for their threat generation.

4) SomeONE, DPS, should hang back a little bit, to help protect your healer, as the HEALS will generate considerable aggro.

This is something that I hear a lot of people say at times, but, for the most part, no one seems to follow.

Sometimes you wipe, and when you do, it is someones fault. Maybe the tank pulled too many. Maybe the HUNTARD or WARLUCK got bored and started pulling side mobs. Just today, as I was tanking (BEAR) and going through the setup for the boss pull, the ROGUE pulled the boss as I was typing, and this resulted in a group wipe. After returning to my body, I left the group. I have no time or patience for that kind of childish ignorance.

As a side note, I generally don't like PvP. But, being on Kronos and Kronos3 as long as I have has taught me, the only good Horde, is a dead Horde.
Live long and prosper.

First rule that rule all, this is vanilla, and people tend to forget about it, specifically on high end dungeons. There is no space for mistakes since it ends in a wipe fest. Then most do the obvious, abandon the group. Its like we are so crowded and in a minute or two the spot will be filled and group can be back to it. No and the result is the group after a period of time the group disband. Happens so many times that equals the good groups that finished the dungeon. People should understand since they joined a group their time is also precious as of the rest of the party members. Be patient and follow the typical rules of engaging the dungeon encounter.

Top Bottom