• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Other [Guide] How to make a dungeon party!

lanevegame

Authorized
I just wanted to give you some advices on how to quickly form a dungeon party. This might result obvious for most of you but maybe some novice out there is having troubles finding a spot for dungeon parties, so here is how I do it.

First of all join the world chat channel:
Code:
/join world

And start advertising there, just try to be synthetic and use capital letters only for "LFM" and for the dungeon name so it will look clear to other people, like this:
Code:
LF3M dps and healer - RFK

But sometimes advertising in world chat is not enough, so you might want to whisper people directly. This is way easier than what you might think.

Tanks are the hardest to find so we'll start with that. Type this:
Code:
/who c-"warr" c-"pal" c-"dru" 25-35

And then whisp them 1 by 1 or use this macro:
Code:
/run local i,n=1,GetNumWhoResults() while(i<n+1) do SendChatMessage("[COLOR=#a52a2a]Hello, would you like to tank RFK?[/COLOR]","WHISPER",nil,GetWhoInfo(i)) i=i+1 end

Note: To whisp them 1 by 1 you can copy your message with CTRL+C (yes I know most of you know it...) and paste it every time with CTRL+V.

So once you get your beloved tank, start looking for a healer:
Code:
/who c-"pal" c-"pri" c-"dru" c-"sha" 25-35

And then you'll easily get your damage dealers, just try to get different classes so everyone will get some loot and your group will be more dynamic and inclined to success!

I hope everything is clear, if not just let me know and good luck with your adventures!

Last edited:
This is a great start.

So to clarify:

The /run local i... command is going to send 1 whisper stating "Hello, would you like to tank RFK?" to each person who showed up from your results of /who c-"warr" c-"pal" c-"dru" 25-35 ?

If you /who and 14 people show up you will be sending 14 whispers out with this 1 command?

I would also add after the /who healers

Code:
/run local i,n=1,GetNumWhoResults() while(i<n+1) do SendChatMessage("[COLOR=#a52a2a]Hello, would you like to be healer for RFK?[/COLOR]","WHISPER",nil,GetWhoInfo(i)) i=i+1 end

Question: I have never used these type of commands before so when you do the /who this way does it post it to the chat window or does it simply open up the /who pane? Would you need to keep that window open if it does?

-pp

Last edited:
This is a great start.

So to clarify:

The /run local i... command is going to send 1 whisper stating "Hello, would you like to tank RFK?" to each person who showed up from your results of /who c-"warr" c-"pal" c-"dru" 25-35 ?

If you /who and 14 people show up you will be sending 14 whispers out with this 1 command?

Yes, unless there's some kind of anti spam filter.

I would also add after the /who healers

Code:
/run local i,n=1,GetNumWhoResults() while(i<n+1) do SendChatMessage("[COLOR=#a52a2a]Hello, would you like to be healer for RFK?[/COLOR]","WHISPER",nil,GetWhoInfo(i)) i=i+1 end

Question: I have never used these type of commands before so when you do the /who this way does it post it to the chat window or does it simply open up the /who pane? Would you need to keep that window open if it does?

-pp

It will open the pane if there are like 3 or more results, and you wont need to keep it open to use the "advertising" macro.

Okay, I am not at home right now to test it. My question is if I search for a tank and then immexiately search for heals and use the same macro as your described will it end up sending whispers to the previous user I already sent whispers to for tanking, but now asking them to heal?

You see what I mean?

/who command for tank classes

Send macro whisper

/who command for Healers

Send macro...Will it only send whispers to the most recent /who result or combine them and send out to both groups of people.

Thanks,
-PP

It will only send the message to those characters in the who panel, and it will reset every time you type a /who command :smile:

And I believe there is a limit to how many lines you can send. If you hit the limit, you get muted for 10 seconds automatically. People with lots of addons might have seen the message on logging in.

Anyway, nice guide.

Top Bottom