• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Gurubashi Arena Tournament

Serenery

Hello guys!
I have 1 great idea! lets make a little tournament in old good Gurubashi arena .
If people are up for this adventure, support me! Lets discuss date ,time , rules and teams
will be great 3v3
Please if you are intrested on that give your opinion and offer some ideas

I organized a Gurubashi Arena tournament like 1 year ago on ED. It was super fun! Plenty of people of every level from both Alliance and Horde gathered together to watch their champions fight in the Gurubashi Arena. It was a massive event.

Each participant payed like 10g so the winners would get all the gold as prize. The fights went pretty smooth till a bunch a people started griefing and we had to suspend the tournament. I always wanted to make another event like this but I couldn't figure out how to make it "safer", without the risk of griefing, so I just gave up...

But here some tips:

1. So basically the main problem is how to prevent griefing. You can either try to make the event "private", so only the gladiators would know when the event starts so there shouldn't be many griefers, or ask Kronos GMs to monitor the event.

2. You'll probably also need a vocal chat to communicate with the gladiators, especially if you plan to make it a cross faction event.

3. You'll also need to keep track of the fights, so you can use this site challonge.com to easily make a tournament bracket and everyone will be able to check it!

4. Here are some rules I used last time (I didn't make them, just some guy from ED made this list):

The following are permitted:

• Class made items (rogue poisons, mana rubies, so on).
  • Drinks and food which don't buff you (spirit buffs are fine though).
  • Bandages.
  • Grenades.
  • Mounts.
  • Anything your character can wear, with exceptions listed below.

The following are prohibited and will result in reschedulement:

• Rocket Helm.
  • Swiftthistle Tea.
  • Horned Viking Helm.
  • Skull of impending doom.
  • Mind Control Cap.
  • Medicine Pouch.
  • Flasks.
  • Foreign buffs (from other classes/quests/food/&c).
  • Helpful foreign debuffs (curse of recklessness).
  • Helpful buffs caused by foreign attackers (storing reck bomb before the fight).
  • Class cooldowns longer than 15 minutes.
  • Every unwearable item which isn't specially permitted is prohibited, this means Powerful Anti-Venom, Magic Dust, Potions, so on.

5. Here is the view of the arena from the top, maybe you'll need it:

arena-view2.jpg

6. "Gurubashi Arena Tournament" title:

title.png

And that's all that comes in mind for the moment, good luck!

P.S. And I'd be glad to participate as gladiator!

Last edited:
I always like these kind of events.

Rule suggestion:
Don't allow more than 1 of the same class in one team unless you want to see Triple PoM Pyro Mages / Triple Shadowpriest / Double Pala Warrior and so on...

Well pvp is dead .
We can do it , but i think we will have max 5-6 teams who will want to join into this adventure

Insignia actually removed some cc on tbc though. And I mean with a shadow, not disc. If you think you know something superior, share with me please. And dont forget one of each class only

Last edited:
Yeah I thought of swapping mage for lock, since their similair in having reliable cc and have some survivability.
Warlock Mage Spriest might be interesting too, maybe superior to rogue, if paranoia denies his opening.
But outside these 4 classes, the rest just doesnt offer both reliable cc and reliable damage.

Top Bottom