• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Has Kronos been reset before?

Lighthammer

One of my friends was watching some streamer and he said that Kronos had been wiped a couple of times before. Is there any truth in that? I don't want my characters wiped :no:

I don't know TO MUCH about it, being as I am technically new here this time around. However it has been explained a few times by players that were here last time the server was released. I know it is not as black/white as "we deleted all your characters hahaha"

We really don't have to be afraid of new wipe I think. Kronos gonna be popular and successful!

By the way, I'm interested: what were the differences between K1 and K2? What K1 was wiped for?

Well it was only czech/slovak server so it was targeted towards rly small amount of ppl i guess:smile: than nowadays :cool2:
like 0.001% of world pop more or less :laugh:

Kronos 1 - was aimed mostly for CZ/SK players and it was not succesfull.
Kronos 2 - was international but lacked hype

Both were wiped because community demanded it. Kronos staff have no interest in wiping characters without reason.

Yes, had, but that was not the main problem in my opinion. We lacked hype so population slowly decreased.

I asked the same question 2 months ago in this topic:
http://forum.twinstar.cz/showthread.php/88075-What-happened-to-previous-vanilla-projects

so it's almost 100% sure you will keep your characters.

Hey @ll,

my first post. I recently stumbled upon the Kronos-project and after watching all the videos I decided to *not* start on ED but wait for Kronos instead and waste my time with retail WoD for the time being.

But: the way I read this thread is that people who played on Kronos before will keep their characters? So it won't be a fresh lvl 1 start for all players?

That would surely kill my enthusiasm quite a bit...... :wacko:

There was a problem, like at tBC (Ares) server, that people were excited before server start, but they found out that there are no "modern things" like on higher datadiscs, for example: battlemasters, dungeon finder, heirlooms, xp for bgs, etc... Thats the reason why excited people become bored after some weeks of playing and servers stayed at low population. I dont speak about the population which left the servers because of annoying bugs. In my opinion, any Vanila server can last forever, people became simpy bored, because there is nothing new which Vanilla can offer.

Sorry for my english, I hope you understand.

Hey @ll,

my first post. I recently stumbled upon the Kronos-project and after watching all the videos I decided to *not* start on ED but wait for Kronos instead and waste my time with retail WoD for the time being.

But: the way I read this thread is that people who played on Kronos before will keep their characters? So it won't be a fresh lvl 1 start for all players?

As has been answered a million times the characters are wiped. Use the search function

You didn't understand. OLD characters ARE wiped. NEW (after Kronos release) won't be :)

Last edited:
Just something that occured on both Scriptcraft and ED where I played earlier. Rare on ED though.

The server literally being set back in time. You go online and play for five hours. You DC and the server has been set back for let's say 3 hours. Meaning everything you've done the last three hours is gone.

Happend every now and then. I don't know the reason behind it.

I think such "setbacks" happen when the server crashes for some reason, since the server saves the data every 5 min or sth I guess. Therefore if the server goes down unplanned, there will be a rollback from around 5 min.
Greater rollbacks should only occur if a major exploit/bug happened which results in the rollback, since there might be no other way to be 100% that exploited gear or w/e is not in the game anymore, but that is just what I am thinking, I could be wrong.

And you could be right. Like you said it was normally just a few min set back. The major setbacks occured rather often on Scriptcraft.

Though the important thing is that it won't happen on Kronos =) (hopefully)

Server crashes can never be 100% prevented, but I am sure that it won't happen frequently on Kronos, since they will minimize the amount of bugged quests/skills/whatever that could result in a crash.

As has been answered a million times the characters are wiped.

Yeah, I read that as well. But the OP got me confused. :wacko:

Things can change and I guess the chars are stored in an independent database and not on the "server". So an updated/bugfixed/reworked server not necessarily means everyone has to start at lvl 1.

But thanks for clarifying that. :blushing:

Top Bottom