• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Has the pre-raid BiS changed since the Dark Mantle nerf? (for daggers)

irishwk97

Authorized
Since the proc rate for dark mantle went from 12% to 3% (i believe), is it now no longer pre raid bis? Should some cadaverous parts now replace them? Thanks for any input!

Since the proc rate for dark mantle went from 12% to 3% (i believe), is it now no longer pre raid bis? Should some cadaverous parts now replace them? Thanks for any input!

It is still good just not as good. With daggers you theoretically get more procs as well even at 3%. I would try keeping the 4 set with daggers and see how it is.

Thanks for the quick response mate, yeah I figured to try that and see how it is. I guess ill experiment a little with different combinations.
Dark Mantle hat, chest, boots, bracers, muggers belt, truestrike shoulders, devilsaur legs and gloves, ogre beads of might, don julio band, elvish ring, satyrs bow, lobotomizer MH, distracting dagger OH. This is what I think is best from my research thus far : )

Old thread but these forums seem pretty dead anyways, but I'm going to be rolling rogue here for the 7x event, and I'm mainly going to just mess around and do some pug raids when I can since I'm raiding as a Holy Paladin on another private server.

As for Pre-Raid BiS, this is what I came up with.

Helm: Darkmantle Cap - D2 Quest Chain
Neck: Mark of Fordring - Strat Quest
Shoulder: Truestrike Shoulders - Pyroguard, UBRS
Cloak: Earthweave Cloak - CC Friendly
Chest: Darkmantle Tunic - D2 Quest Chain
Bracer: Darkmantle Bracers - D2 Quest Chain
Gloves: Primal Batskin Gloves - Crafted
Belt: Mugger's Belt - Kromcrush, DM N
Legs: Plaguehound Leggings - Strat BoE
Boots: Darkmantle Boots - D2 Quest Chain
Ring1: Don Julio's Band - AV Exalted
Ring2: Might of Cenarius - CC Revered
Trinket1: Hand of Justice - Emperor, BRD
Trinket2: Earthstrike - CC Exalted
MH: The Lobotomizer - AV Exalted
OH: Bonescraper - Rivendare, Strat UD // Distracting Dagger - Tortheldrin, DM W

Obviously some of these aren't available until the War Effort, but I'll be taking my time gearing anyways. I'm also going to be playing Daggers instead of Swords for a few reasons, mostly that gear competition with Warriors is significantly decreased by playing Daggers, and I like them more for PvP. I also am sick of playing Human, so I'll be playing Night Elf, which happens to be the best race for Dagger Rogues thanks to their heightened base Agility. I'll be playing around with the Darkmantle 4-Set, and if I don't like it, I'll swap some pieces around. The chest will be staying put, though.

EDIT: The other server I'm playing on doesn't have Librams, and since I play a Holy Paladin, I completely forgot about the ranged slot. Satyr's Bow from DM E would be pre-raid BiS.

Last edited:
Ah, great, wasn't sure if the War Effort had started or things like Logistics Badges were obtainable yet.

Even at 3% darkmantle is currently part of the BIS set for BWL if you are either raid buffed or fully buffed. The break-even point for the proc at that setting is around 1.75%/hit.

Head, Shoulders, Wrists, Gloves.

Based on 5min repeating calculation cycles, can do a test lateron to see how it changes in shorter encounters (15-40s).

Top Bottom