• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Have any of the programmers here considered expanding beyond vanilla WoW?

patrik9321

I agree that vanilla should have remained untouched or at least left in the game in it's original form one way or another after TBC and the other expansions were released. But I feel players are attracted to vanilla because it represents a game that is essentially no longer exists on the public servers. I think people are prone to attack anything associated with something that they hate, and overlook the fact that adding to a game does not take away from the original experience. I believe what people are looking for is the old mechanics that got them interested in the game in the first place, and the fact that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Because vanilla content hasn't been seen in a challenging way for a long time, people are now attracted to it. This will not last; the nature of life is change and people will not be satisfied forever with anything.

As a result, I would like to collaborate with anyone involved with the creation of these servers. I've taken some basic computer programming courses and have played WoW for a very long time and would like to help make a super original game that is nonstop action and change; while retaining the original uniqueness of vanilla. Essentially, I am humbly asking to learn how these vanilla servers were created and add back the original flair that has been added over time (not removing anything - just adding and occasionally simplifying to avoid exact duplicates).

Top Bottom