• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock Healthstone/heal pot macro

Hawksworth

Does anyone know a macro that will cast Healthstone with one press then heal pot with another? I have one that uses them both at once but that's not really what I'm after.

Many thanks

If you mean that you want to press a button several times and have two different results, then unless there is a mechanism or storing variables between separate macro calls, which I'm unaware of, I believe it is not possible.

If you want to use your healthstone (if it's present) or potions (if it's not), then what you have is probably what most people would do. However, you might want to specify what you are trying to do, it is possible that there is another solution.

Well currently the macro I have uses healthstone and heal pot with one key press, which could result in over healing. I would like to have, on one macro, press once for just healthstone, then second press of the same macro uses heal pot.

As you said I'm not sure that's even possible in vanilla, my current macro is /use Minor Healthstone /use Healing Potion.

/script if (GetActionCooldown(slotOfHealthstone) ~= 0) then use("Healing Potion") else use("Minor Healthstone") end

If your healthstone is on cooldown it uses healing pot, else it uses healthstone. Substitute "slotOfHealthstone" with the numerical slot ID in your actionbar. Requires supermacro for the use function.

If you mean that you want to press a button several times and have two different results, then unless there is a mechanism or storing variables between separate macro calls, which I'm unaware of, I believe it is not possible.

Macros are lua code. You make variables like so:
a=5
Simple example macro using variables:
/script if a==nil then a = 0 end a=a+1 DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("I've pressed this macro "..a.." times.")

Furthermore you can make a macro do two different things without even using variables, such as in my suggested solution to this question.

Top Bottom