• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

High pvp gear on K3?

Xcz

I'm a new player on Kronos 3 and I was surprised when I saw tonight a rank 13 player wearing the purple pvp equipment, that, as far as I know, is not supposed to be available this early. How was this allowed and doesn't it affect the game too much in both pvp and pve regard considering the current content patch everyone is on? I'm very disturbed by what I saw tonight and I'm not sure what to expect next. Please comment.

Last edited:
Its a terrible idea. Its BWL equivalent gear which means you PVP and you steam role BWL. People were already steam rolling MC.

As I am following the Kronos forums from time to time I just ask myself every time one thing: Why are you guys constantly complaining? The staff tries to fix something, you complain. The staff does not fix a thing, you complain. If you are only complaining all day long, either quit complaining or make everything better on your own server.

And this thread here. Honestly, OP, you talk like your mother and her 12 sisters, your 8 brothers and their 60 cousins all have achieved rank 14 and like everyone on the server had rank 14 gear. This is obviously not the case. And even IF a hand full of players with high rank rewards gathers in one raid, the difference in gear will not have such a high impact as the average skill level of these players.

I am not playing on Kronos any more, but with BWL around the corner it was the right decision to upgrade the pvp gear to 1.12.1 stats so people have a valid reason to PVP.

The only guys i see complaining are newbies such as sunder who will "wear" down and leave nomatter how great the game is. The one who posted this thread is also trolling as the gear is first releasing the 27th and not the 20th so him seeing it is BS...

The honor gear releast the 27th i am quite a bit against tho but i accept it for what it is even tho it is a poor choice and will affect BWL in a poor manner and especially throw pvp into turmoil with even higher geared premades vs normies i think they should have addressed the issue of premades before starting to release the upgraded honor gear.

- Female human warrior, rank 13, name was Sympathy (or something similar).

- Yes, the pvp gear was the epic one, the one available for higher ranks.

I'm only level 12 but knowing exactly where our timeline is at and when bwl will be released raised serious concerns for me, personally. By the time bwl releases I expect more people to have aquired this gear which would inevitably lead to PVE-only oriented folks being heavily influenced by those who represent our PVP community because I believe that small gear differences matter in Vanilla a lot. Knowing what to do and how to prepare for raids is relatively simple and everything is known nowadays as the game is quite old now but the major stat imbalance that is being brought by pvpers is what counts the most ...and attitude, but thats a whole different topic.

The server staff's decision to allow such imbalance and raw stats interference this early on is what troubles me because this goes beyond vanity items and cosmetics.

I am only level 12 and my time here is limited, typing this on my phone as I walk, and I want to feel that K3 is the place for me to spend it. I am still curious as to what the rest of you think about this particular change along with the possibility of similar unexpected interventions in the future.

Thank you

The only guys i see complaining are newbies such as sunder who will "wear" down and leave nomatter how great the game is.

It shows volumes of ignorance when you point at reg dates as some kind of "veteran" status. There needs to be an ignore feature on this forum to hide your idiocy and white knighting.

Ok Chainsaw we will play your silly little game.

Lets say that a bridge between two land masses has huge congestion and cannot handle the capacity. People are complaining. So the city council announces that Tuesday is Taco Tuesday, everyone gets a free Taco on the city. Does that come close to addressing the issue? Ummmm NO. So people will still complain, thanks for lunch the bridge traffic sucks.

Lets review there solution line by line

First and foremost, many of you who are ranking at level 60 have expressed concerns over having to compete with lower level players. In order to address this, we are reducing the honor gained by lower level players (under level 60) when killing another player by 50%, both out in the world and inside battlegrounds, effective June 20th. The reason for this change is to acknowledge the imbalance that players in the level 60 brackets experience against those in the lower level brackets, who due to faction imbalances have much shorter battleground queue times.

Well this does nothing for people getting ganked constantly to GET to level 60. In fact all it does it make sure that those who are already 60 get even more honor and better gear. NON SOLUTION

Secondly, all PvP item rewards will be upgraded to their respective 1.12.1 patch stats and the currently unavailable items will now be available as well, effective June 27th. The reason for this change is to further encourage people to join in on the ranking and further alleviate the queue time issues.

Ok so you just gave the same Horde PVPers even better gear and slow Q times. Again does not address constant horde ganking preventing alliance players from hitting 60. NON SOLUTION

Third, due to numerous complaints about losing battleground queue due to disconnecting, we are extending the grace period from 20 seconds to 2 minutes while out of combat, effective June 20th.

NON SOLUTION

Lastly, we would also like to take the time to address the feedback we have received regarding the ‘.join’ battleground command, which lets players queue for battlegrounds while out in the world.

Many of you have expressed concerns about perceived increases in world PvP activities such as corpse-camping, flight master, quest-giver and generally higher level area ganking. Please note that all of these things are regular PvP realm occurrences and are not covered by us under any form of ‘griefing’ or ‘harassment’ rules.
The solution to these issues is still down to you, the players. You can always call for help, organize counter-ganking groups, find another area or take a break.

Removing the command will not stop these things from happening or make your time in contested areas more comfortable. The underlying issue is battleground queue times, which we hope to address by these changes.

UM Your not paying attention to your player base at all. HELLO ARE YOU DEAF. If the Alliance does NOT WANT TO PVP which is why HORDE Q times are so high, allowing them to continue to GREIF / HARASS / and generally be a God Damn Deuche Bag so they cannot get to 60 does not help. Nor does it make level 60 alliance want to run around the world. In fact, OMG, you MIGHT have players who want to play vanilla and NOT PVP. The DATA STRONGLY Suggests that as OMG Alliance people are NOT Qing.

Removing the command will not stop these things from happening or make your time in contested areas more comfortable. The underlying issue is battleground queue times, which we hope to address by these changes.

NO THE UNDERLYING ISSUE IS YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOU BS POLICY ON PvP activities such as corpse-camping, flight master, quest-giver and generally higher level area ganking.

So there you go Chainsaw . How about addressing the issue? Hence the other suggestions for a PVE server.

NO THE UNDERLYING ISSUE IS YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOU BS POLICY ON PvP activities such as corpse-camping, flight master, quest-giver and generally higher level area ganking.

So there you go Chainsaw . How about addressing the issue? Hence the other suggestions for a PVE server.

You already got a weird policy on "safespotting" in places that were perfectly fine in Vanilla because people couldn't be tasked with figuring out how to get up to places. Now you want the GM's to police world PvP too? You kids are too much, if this isn't your server because PvP out in the world makes you nerdrage maybe go try and find a PvE private server somewhere.

Your so smart, Gramps. Where is your solution? Oh yeah nothing posted other than useless space.

You already got a weird policy on "safespotting" in places that were perfectly fine in Vanilla because people couldn't be tasked with figuring out how to get up to places. Now you want the GM's to police world PvP too? You kids are too much, if this isn't your server because PvP out in the world makes you nerdrage maybe go try and find a PvE private server somewhere.

L60 on roof in darkshire equates to meaningful PVP in your mind. I am not at all shocked at this point that the Kronos team caters to your style of PVP.

"kids". aren't you precious.

L60 on roof in darkshire equates to meaningful PVP in your mind. I am not at all shocked at this point that the Kronos team caters to your style of PVP.

"kids". aren't you precious.

Nobody said anything about meaningful PvP. I got killed in Darkshire and Redridge back in 2005, I'm not surprised it's happening here too now that people know everything about the game.

They aren't catering to me. If anything they've catered to you by enforcing non classic policies like that. It doesn't surprise me that you don't understand that because it seems like all you do is whine and when someone refutes what you are complaining about you ignore it and go whine in a different thread.

It's a PvP server, if you are surprised by the rules of a PvP server I don't know what to tell you.. maybe read next time before you roll a char on the next completely free server.

Wow Jermaphobe, the arrogance. You assume that no one here has ever played on a PVP server. First, lets correct that mistake. Second, Blizzard GMs, DID, in fact, intervene at certain points that you call World Police. So yes, these things did occur, corpse camping, flight master camping, etc, up till a certain point where it was ruining or interfering with the game. See if people do not have fun they quit, and gosh, that directly affects revenue which is bad.

Here, your only accurate statement, is its free. But having played on two other PVP servers, the level of ganking, sitting in darkshire, chasing someone from one side of Felwood to the other to get that one PVP kill and then camp them is excessive. I do not have any recollection of this occuring at all on the K1/K2 server when i started playing in OCT of last year.

There are other alternatives out there. And free or not, what happens when even MORE alliance leave to go to a new fresh server when they are tired of the BS here and can actually quest.

PVP is a very good and important PART of the game. Its not THE GAME.

Which is why i stated earlier that NONE of the solutions above will work. Your leading the horse to water (Alliance Players) but you CANNOT for them to Drink (AKA PVP at the 60 level).

So I will call you out again, you whine but offer NO SOLUTION.

Wow Jermaphobe, the arrogance. You assume that no one here has ever played on a PVP server. First, lets correct that mistake. Second, Blizzard GMs, DID, in fact, intervene at certain points that you call World Police. So yes, these things did occur, corpse camping, flight master camping, etc, up till a certain point where it was ruining or interfering with the game. See if people do not have fun they quit, and gosh, that directly affects revenue which is bad.

Here, your only accurate statement, is its free. But having played on two other PVP servers, the level of ganking, sitting in darkshire, chasing someone from one side of Felwood to the other to get that one PVP kill and then camp them is excessive. I do not have any recollection of this occuring at all on the K1/K2 server when i started playing in OCT of last year.

There are other alternatives out there. And free or not, what happens when even MORE alliance leave to go to a new fresh server when they are tired of the BS here and can actually quest.

PVP is a very good and important PART of the game. Its not THE GAME.

Which is why i stated earlier that NONE of the solutions above will work. Your leading the horse to water (Alliance Players) but you CANNOT for them to Drink (AKA PVP at the 60 level).

So I will call you out again, you whine but offer NO SOLUTION.

I don't need a solution, I'm fine with the game in the current state. The fact that they are upgrading PvP gear as an incentive to get more people to PvP doesn't bother me or affect me in the slightest. I could care less if they implemented free Naxx gear tomorrow but only for players that have never gotten an HK in order to make it up to Alliance. Again if you aren't a fan of how the server is being run nobody is forcing you to play here.

You are right, Blizzard did have a policy. I quoted it in another thread where Sunderwear was making up some crap about Blizzard not letting that open world PvP stuff fly. A CSR had replied that griefing is a player made term and Blizzard has a hands off policy towards that on PvP servers. They will only intervene if someone has been doing it for WEEKS. For example, the same person killing a quest NPC for weeks straight preventing everyone from turning in or getting the quest. Then Blizzard would step in and put an end to it. You are either mis remembering your time playing or are talking about a few extreme cases that rarely happened.

"The actions below, although seen by some as dishonorable, are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by GMs."

Bluewalling
Corpse camping
Graveyard camping
Ganking
Killing lower-level characters
Kill stealing
Training mobs

No your coming here and being a little pos. Other people have legitimate concerns and your response is "kids". Stating you have no problem with the issue adds nothing to the discussion. Do you have any issues with Potholes in a city 10000 miles away? If you do not, would you go to that cities website and post, the city is doing a fine job. You kids need to man up and circumvent those pot holes!

You instead come here and insult people with "Now you want the GM's to police world PvP too? You kids are too much, if this isn't your server because PvP out in the world makes you nerdrage maybe go try and find a PvE private server somewhere. "

There is a legitimate issue with the corpse camping. There are players who would actually like to level without spending 7 of 8 hours running to there corpse. If your fine with the current state, move along, nothing for you to see, or more importantly CONTRIBUTE here.

Last edited:
CONTRIBUTE here.
I did contribute, I stated the rules of a PvP server and helped you understand that they, probably, aren't going to change unless the Kronos staff decides to take another unblizzlike approach, which I doubt, and have GM's out in force banning players so Alliance don't have to see any meanies out in the world. You're welcome.

Also your analogy is wrong, I play on this server so I actually am living in the city with the potholes.. the only difference is I'm clearly flying a helicopter while you ride a scooter.

Its a terrible idea. Its BWL equivalent gear which means you PVP and you steam role BWL. People were already steam rolling MC.
People will streamroll BWL with or without a few tryhards in the raid having highrank weapons.

It's a good move, just very late IMO. Should've taken the feedback into consideration and give Alliance the motivation to rank from the beginning.

I see a lot of people complaining about corpse camping and even some proclaiming that blizzard took action against it... These people will never listen but either way here is blizzards exact policy...

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

Take a good look... it clearly states that corpse camping & such is perfectly fine with them, if you search google for awhile you will even find cases of bluewalling being cried about which is just as silly but people just like the ones who are crying here cried back then and they never learned and chances are these criers will either never learn as well or could perhaps even be the same ignorant fools.

The existence of the command is in favor of those who cannot take being killed in world pvp even tho they clearly knew it was a pvp and not a pve server. How you ask, you might even say they do not need to return to capital to que... let me put it simply then...

First of all it reduces the que time, with less que time they get more battlegrounds which in turn gives them the honor they would otherwise hunt you more for.

Secondly even without its existence it would only be a minor annoyance of a 3-5 minute flight and they could even have set heartstone close to the zone they honor farm in so removing it would only mean more of them desperate for honor to prevent decay and progress and if too few que and the que appears too long they will just sit around in zones known to contain honor targets instead of trying to traveling to que for something that takes hours anyways.

Third and foremost... you joined a pvp server... do you usually enter a shooting game and expect people to throw snowballs instead of firing bullets ?... If for some reason your unreasonably cries where heard it would not only mean more world pvp against you and similar people but you would most likely start crying about blue walling next or perhaps that an npc killed you while you where leveling.... sigh

anyways please read the article, and google the rules & meaning of a pvp server. And think about what consequences it would have if your cries where heard and followed... If you reduce amounts of battlegrounds of course they will get honor from other sources which in turn is you and battlegrounds last quite long to the point where you could have moved on long ago.

Third and foremost... you joined a pvp server...
We all know how much you love PvP, Cr0wL0ck. Not everyone is the same. The PvP rules are enforced in a sense - you either play a PvP server or you play a dead server. So I don't think it's right to blame people for their "choice".
i think they should have addressed the issue of premades before starting to release the upgraded honor gear
So premades ("Blizzlike") are an issue and corpse camping ("Blizzlike") is not. Okay.

But oh well, guess it's better to stop derailing the thread. The thread itself is irrelevant too, they made their choice, it has pros and cons as any other decision.

I did contribute, I stated the rules of a PvP server and helped you understand that they, probably, aren't going to change unless the Kronos staff decides to take another unblizzlike approach, which I doubt,

I see. "blizzlike" is fine, unless it is something that you don't personally care about or are not affected by.

Once again, a low effort troll uses "blizzlike" to handwave over the top griefing, yet is apparently cool with the slew of non-blizlike stuff that the server incorporates which exasperate the issues.

Like nimeralos, on all the PVP servers I have played on till now both live as well as PS, NEV??ER
I see a lot of people complaining about corpse camping and even some proclaiming that blizzard took action against it... These people will never listen but either way here is blizzards exact policy...

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

Take a good look... it clearly states that corpse camping & such is perfectly fine with them, if you search google for awhile you will even find cases of bluewalling being cried about which is just as silly but people just like the ones who are crying here cried back then and they never learned and chances are these criers will either never learn as well or could perhaps even be the same ignorant fools.

The existence of the command is in favor of those who cannot take being killed in world pvp even tho they clearly knew it was a pvp and not a pve server. How you ask, you might even say they do not need to return to capital to que... let me put it simply then...

First of all it reduces the que time, with less que time they get more battlegrounds which in turn gives them the honor they would otherwise hunt you more for.

Secondly even without its existence it would only be a minor annoyance of a 3-5 minute flight and they could even have set heartstone close to the zone they honor farm in so removing it would only mean more of them desperate for honor to prevent decay and progress and if too few que and the que appears too long they will just sit around in zones known to contain honor targets instead of trying to traveling to que for something that takes hours anyways.

Third and foremost... you joined a pvp server... do you usually enter a shooting game and expect people to throw snowballs instead of firing bullets ?... If for some reason your unreasonably cries where heard it would not only mean more world pvp against you and similar people but you would most likely start crying about blue walling next or perhaps that an npc killed you while you where leveling.... sigh

anyways please read the article, and google the rules & meaning of a pvp server. And think about what consequences it would have if your cries where heard and followed... If you reduce amounts of battlegrounds of course they will get honor from other sources which in turn is you and battlegrounds last quite long to the point where you could have moved on long ago.

Oddly enough the reason Blizzard created battlemasters was to get the high level idiots out of the lowbie zones to keep them from griefing the people leveling there.

Know what else is blizzlike? Long horde queues. Enjoy yours.

I see. "blizzlike" is fine, unless it is something that you don't personally care about or are not affected by.

Once again, a low effort troll uses "blizzlike" to handwave over the top griefing, yet is apparently cool with the slew of non-blizlike stuff that the server incorporates which exasperate the issues.

Oddly enough the reason Blizzard created battlemasters was to get the high level idiots out of the lowbie zones to keep them from griefing the people leveling there.

Know what else is blizzlike? Long horde queues. Enjoy yours.

So now I'm a troll eh?

Items change patch to patch or expansion to expansion but the rules of a PvP server don't. If this was a TBC server or WotLK server the rules regarding open world PvP on a PvP server are the exact same as here. That's why none of the itemization bothers me. I think the safespotting rule is dumb but I don't complain about it endlessly, I knew it was a rule before I joined the server because I read the rules and timeline before rolling here.

The .join function could stay or go, it will not change anything other than saving you 3-5 minutes per queue. With queue times as long as they are Horde hearth's will be up by the time they get out of their matches and they will just rejoin the queue in a major city and hearth to wherever they are ganking.

Also as a side note, I played Alliance in Vanilla and we had 10-20m wait times while the Horde had the instant queues on Thunderlord. So I guess you are wrong there too...

Top Bottom