• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Paladin Holy paladin stat weights & item list

Vnm

Authorized
Hello everyone

I've done some theorycrafting to find certain stat weights. You can view & download the spreadsheet here to adjust the values to suit your current gear and playstyle. Some things to keep in mind:

VALUE1 only takes into account how much more HPS you can do, as long as you don't go oom.
VALUE2 takes into account how long you can heal before going oom, thus doing more overall healing by being able to heal a bit longer.

Both values list the amount of +healing the item is worth. While it is intuitive for VALUE1, it might need a bit more explaining for VALUE2. Basically I calculate how long I can heal for with current stat values, then calculate how much longer I can heal by adding either 1% more crit, 1 more int or 1 more mp5. I take the difference of the total healing done, and divide it by total casts done with the orignial stats to find how much more +healing I would need on gear to match that amount.

So, VALUE2 loses it's purpose if you don't have any mana problems, but it is a good way to see which items are nice to get if you have trouble with mana when healing. Prioritise int and mp5 if you are going oom while dispelling.

The items are sorted by VALUE1. As a paladin you shouldn't have mana problems, if
1) you are ready to use some consumables
2) you are a decent player
3) your guild has decent players; enough dps to kill bosses in a timely manner, and healers who can keep players alive.
For example, I can currently sustain my mana through all the content easily, with the occasional mana potion & demonic rune.

Players in more casual-oriented guilds might not meet these criterias, so getting items which have bigger VALUE2 while sacrificing a bit of VALUE1 is the way you should probably gear. For example getting
Helm of the Lifegiver instead of Zulian Headdress,
Mantle of Lost Hope instead of Dawnbringer Shoulders,
Robe of Volatile Power instead of Robes of the Exalted,
and so on. You get the idea; sacrifice a bit of +healing to get some extra int, crit and mp5 until you are comfortable with mana.

However, if you are confident in your abilities and want to put out bigger heals, the best way to do it is by stacking items with biggest +healing on them. Crit starts to have a decent value once you hit >800 bonus healing, but it is still unreliable and you will end up sometimes overhealing with crits which devalues crit and int. This isn't taken into account in the spreadsheet, but it is something you should consider when choosing upgrades.

Questions and discussion are more than welcome! Trinket section of the item list is still on the to-do list, currently I don't rank trinkets with on-use effects there even though they are good.

Nice spreadsheet but I have 2 questions if I may.

1) Why are you using 53.77 as the int/crit conversion rate?
In retail vanilla the value was 30 (or rather 29 something.) Is your value based on research done on Kronos or something else?

2) Have you considered stat valuation based on excess mana going into Holy Light rather than max rank FoL?
The "if you do not go oom"/"Pure Healing" stats clearly assume Flash of Light spam and thus ignore that mana would still have value since you could use said extra mana to cast Holy Light where appropriate and heal more even if you have enough to spam Flash of Light without going oom.

Nice spreadsheet but I have 2 questions if I may.

1) Why are you using 53.77 as the int/crit conversion rate?
In retail vanilla the value was 30 (or rather 29 something.) Is your value based on research done on Kronos or something else?

Back in vanilla most of the tests were done in the 220-290int range, which would give ~29-30int/crit ratio with 0% base spell crit chance assumption. However, some tests were done with very low amounts of int, which showed that 0% base spell crit chance isn't true. You can check some discussion/links in https://forum.twinstar.cz/showthrea...rafting-Thread?p=673087&viewfull=1#post673087

I did some testing on Kronos itself and came to the same conclusion. The exact int/crit ratio & base spell crit% were taken from a fresh zmangos core. Of course we don't know exactly which values Kronos uses, but my tests indicate that it is indeed somewhere between 50-60int/crit & 2.7-4% base spell crit chance.

2) Have you considered stat valuation based on excess mana going into Holy Light rather than max rank FoL?
The "if you do not go oom"/"Pure Healing" stats clearly assume Flash of Light spam and thus ignore that mana would still have value since you could use said extra mana to cast Holy Light where appropriate and heal more even if you have enough to spam Flash of Light without going oom.

You can change your spell usage% yourself to fit your own healing style. The stat weights are calculated based on that.

With a competent healing squad you just can't freely replace FoLs with HLs. Your slower heals will just get sniped by faster (regrowth, swiftmend, reju, renew, flash heal, fol) heals, which makes your HLs overheal a lot or you have to cancel them mid-cast. So you can't magically convert that excess mana to big HLs, unlike priests/druids who can just rank up their fast heals or spam more hots to get rid of that mana.

Of course if you can cast plenty of HLs in your raids, you can just change the spell usage% to reflect that, and then toy with it more to see if changing ranks would give you more total healing done (if you actually go oom).

Top Bottom