• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Holy Sh*t: A beginner's guide to Smite DPS

I'm not playing a priest but this looks pretty in-depth. Though very unconventional.
Horde priests don't have access to the paladin stuff. Could you maybe add a DPS estimate for horde priests to the gear page? The role of horde priests vs. alliance priests is usually a bit different but even for horde this is interesting because priests are the only magic dispell class for us.

AKGyxsc.png

U have to agree and support this bullsh*t guys, or you risk facepalm storm by Chainsaw :lol::lol::lol:

I didn't start it Figaro :) I just don't like people who say nothing and are nothing and try to downgrade a piece of work, just because they do not like it.

Last edited:
6 debuff slots, cripple one Paladin with Sanctity Aura and improved Retribution Aura (???)

Even with all this amazing setup, crits still only scale to 150% base damage, and this doesn't factor in Fire Vulnerability or Improved Shadow Bolt, which you conveniently forgot in your calculations. CoE/CoS anyone?

Last edited:
i am waiting for a ret paladin to come here and say smite priest is retarded

Smite priest is retarded, and for a different reason than you may think. It's just as retarded as being arms spec in PvE. Priests (and warriors) have specs that are tailored specifically for dealing damage such as shadow and fury; if you still try to make an inferior spec work, such as smite (or arms), then that is retarded.

In case of paladins, no matter how retarded you consider them to be for even trying to DPS, the fact is that if they want to DPS then retribution is the only spec that they have at their disposal. So your jesting remark is actually comparing apples and oranges here.

Ok, I defended the honor of ret paladins. See you.

Smite priest is retarded, and for a different reason than you may think. It's just as retarded as being arms spec in PvE. Priests (and warriors) have specs that are tailored specifically for dealing damage such as shadow and fury; if you still try to make an inferior spec work, such as smite (or arms), then that is retarded.

In case of paladins, no matter how retarded you consider them to be for even trying to DPS, the fact is that if they want to DPS then retribution is the only spec that they have at their disposal. So your jesting remark is actually comparing apples and oranges here.

Ok, I defended the honor of ret paladins. See you.

well, i thought it was common sense by now that both smite priest and ret paladin are fun specs when it comes to pve, which is perfectly fine for me.
when it comes to pvp, any paladin spec and any priest spec are fine as long as the player knows his role. you can have people in holy/disc spec having no idea they can dispel and shadow priests going out of shadowform to heal their teammates.
it is also common knowledge that the majority of ret paladins in pvp (those with the warrior gear and tuf) are less useful than a felhunter

p.s lightwell spec best spec

Guys relax. This is just a guide. Nobody is forced to play this way. Nobody said it is the best you can get for your raids. Still Vanilla raids are very easy and this playstyle opens another way to enjoy the game, if you want to.

Did some testing on PTR. Like 550 dps in some hybrid gear, with which you can also heal (including some t2,5) and around 650 dps in medicore DPS gear without good items like tear or c'thun loot. The real issue is that you run oom in long fights without 5s rule breaks. But the dps itself is okay :) (Yes, I know other classes can do more than 1k dps, this is - again - just about fun).

Priests can attain the longest range of all classes on two of their offensive spells. This makes em bestest.

Top Bottom