• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest Holy vs. Discipline

Redshadow

Hello, my question is simple. What is the main difference between Holy and Discipline talent spec? It seems to me, these talent trees are almost the same :mellow:

Hello, my question is simple. What is the main difference between Holy and Discipline talent spec? It seems to me, these talent trees are almost the same :mellow:

Holy=Healing-->All skills make healing better with the option of holy nova aoe.
Disc=Buffing+healing abilities--->Gives infusing buffing,gives stamina inc.,inner fire inc.,spirit buff,shield buff inc.,inner focus buff with few talents giving mana inc. and reduction in mana of spells.

In raids people will take holy priests because of the healing.Maybe 1 spriest for shadow weaving and 1 disc priest for the spirit buff.

Generally priests spec is normally deep holy and then rest points in to disc for the buffs until inner fire inc.
Or deep shadow priest and rest points in to disc.

I'm rolling my first priest, and have built a spec you might be interested in.

3lHosvI.png

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 24
Use this 21/30 holy spec until you have a lot of +healing gear. It will increase the size and efficiency of your heals. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxRhsV0oZdxtcc0Vx

Once you have a bunch of +healing gear (like 700 +healing) you can switch to a 31/20 disc spec to get power infusion and increase the raid's DPS. Your heals won't be much smaller than they are with the holy spec. Cast power infusion on your highest dps casters on cooldown. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bxrhsAVoodxtcc

As with any specs, you can vary them to fit your play style. If you like using renew a lot, take points out of holy specialization and put them in renew. Or in the disc spec, take points out of inner fire and put them in mana burn or martyrdom or force of will or whatever.

Avoid spirit of redemption and lightwell and all of the talents that are geared towards pvp like damage reduction or damage increasing talents.

Top Bottom