• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Druid How are druids in pvp?

Teaboar

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if druids are any good in pvp in vanilla? I plan to do both pvp and pve. I'm fine with speccing for any role in pve (probably feral while leveling though), and I don't mind being much worse than other classes in most pve settings. That being said I would like to know if druids are at least okay in vanilla pvp? I'm interested in both group and solo pvp. I realize that druids make good flag carriers, but what I'm asking is if they can hold their own in a fight.

Druids can do alright. Some specs are better than others, the way I've seen them work best is as disruptors via Feral Charge, Bash, Faerie Fire, Nature's Grasp/Entangling Roots... Really, they have an incredible amount of CC. You can go with a pretty big hybrid spec, assuming you have the mana pool, and heal very well with Nature's Swiftness and Swiftmend.

As for just dps'ing something in a 1v1, you should almost always lose spectacularly. Bear has no damage, but keeps you alive. Cat does little damage, but realistically *almost* everything should pubstomp you unless you have god like mechanics and epic jukes and john cena behind your keyboard.

Boomkin has some power to it and is certainly worth looking into, but at its best you're building talents hybrid again, making you a utility knife. You can't expect to be a Mage or a Warlock murdering fools left and right, but you'll keep your opponents guessing which tool you'll bring out of your utility belt next.

Overall, Druids are pretty awesome in PvP.

Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case. Anyway I don't mind, I decided to roll one anyway. I guess I prefer being the underdog. :smile:

How are you an underdog, as feral you counter everything except priest warlock rogue, those are even, depends on usage of custom stuff. As balance/resto, melees and mage easy, rest not sure. Only plebs carry flags.

If you put in the effort, good druids stand out big time.

Back yonder, the ghetto affliction spec was pretty good in pvp. Pounce/rake/rip/moonfire/insect swarm/bear form, for most melee builds. Learning control and what works well against other classes greatly benefits you (things like hibernating hunter pets/other druids).

Pretty much any hybrid class is going to be god tier as they bring so much utility. Just remember you can heal, tank, do dps while regenerating mana, decurse, lots of cc, and hard counter rogues who don't get lucky with stun locking. Play as a bg hero and you will be rewarded.

druids are fine in pvp

i recommend http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zL0hZxGzoZVtsoeq0o
and using resistance items vs casters, the addon Outfitter is great for this

Its more BGs wsg etc.. build i would say.

I would go 31 in FC and rest in balance, the normal FC build.
I would say as druid u can counter all classes, similiar to a spriest.

Not letting rogues stealth?Goodbye double vanish with prep, NG?Goodbye to your cc.
Getting out of slows and polymorph?GG mages
You outheal against a warrior
You outheal pala too but i play ally so that doesnt really matter but you need a bit better gear to tackle them.
With locks, fear is your problem.But they consume so much mana that if they burst and u dont die in bear form, basically u win.
With hunters stings aint nothing, they will try to kite u but u need decent mana to shapeshift.9Also have innervate)
Shamans?Dont think they are any problem.
This is 1vs1.

A top tier druid, enchanted and stuff will have close to 3 x more hp than mages.

But i will really consider a balance druid if u have the gear.Low itemization yea... but when built , u will have more fun with it compared to FC. Believe me.I had a r12 balance dudu in nost.
Vengeance is basically Ruin for lock which is crazy 100% crit dmg is a big talent.With enough crit rate u will be a beast.Occasional starfire with wraith as your cookie cutter and moonfire spam.u get 10% crit from talents with moonfire.Back in nost i was doing 1k crits with moonfire.Not forgetting the 360% armor?Woot.I was owning melees for good.

Druids are fine , i was rank 13 and did pretty awesome.People just hating on something which they cant play.Yes it is probably the less optimized class compared to ALL the other classes but all the skills u have are all useful unlike other classes.

Strictly talking pvp , u always open with stealth and cat form(unless if its rogue) try to get 4/5 combo and put rip on target-->switch to bear+apply hots on yourself and the target should generally die.

Some examples are:

vs warr=Should really out last him and kill him since u have double his hp+heals+stun/ng for resetting fight which warr cant do.

vs pala=Same as warr however has heal and a 1min/45 sec hoj.When he uses hoj then in the next 45 sec u should win.Just interrupt his heals with bash and charge

vs mage=Self explanatory u are immune to poly+snares=easy kill , just need decent intellect to shapeshift(20% more int from passive helps a ton)

vs druid=rare case but like any other same class vs same class its just matter of skill and gear

vs shaman=A good wf will kill u where a bad one u will win.Frost shock on 6cd and wf is hard to get by, comes with experiance.

vs hunter=probably 2nd hardest class to beat as a druid since when u charge in , they can feign+ice trap and it may be all over.Never even go in cat form against a druid.Always stay in bear for the extra armor and hp.Hibernate hunters pet, heal up when charge is on cooldown.Same as before wingclip with no cd will cost a ton of shapeshifting.Only shapeshift when u need to, by this only shapeshift when hunter is too far away or charge is on cooldown.A quick heal and u just resetted the fight.Hunters dont have no heal so that is a plus.

vs warlock=Probably the most hardest class to go against.However most of the locks are terrible(95% of them) so yea...Only problem is fear,use trinket and if u can get black smith try and get the fear trinket from it.Also depends if u are horde or ally.Personally druid is alot better on horde than ally why?Because when horde , u face against less locks since most locks are on horde, also shaman with tremor helps alot,another thing is most ally locks roll with felhunt or void which benefits u because no succubus so no sleep!!!On ally it is alot harder to pvp as a druid since we get a pala?Pretty useless for a druid unless u get BOP but even that can be dispelled.On top of this u will have more encounters against lock+ will get sleep debuff so yea... Main thing is use charge and bash to interrupt they fear and shadowbolts.

So to sum it up , your main 3 stats intellect/str and sta u should have on all gears cuz u get 20% more benefit(highest amplifier to these 3 stats in the whole of vanilla wow , no other class gets this).Also have alot of intellect for shape shift and the 30% reduction in shape shift mp passive helps alot if u spec in to it.

Some of the OP/nice skills u get are : 2 hots(pretty OP in pvp since most of the dmg will be healed up+armor modifier+barkskin u take barely any dmg against melee) + barkskin like i said + can remove blind by poison buff if timed right + very high armor modifier(Try get 75% dmg reduction which is max) meaning druid has highest armor in game + nearly double hp as a warrior in bear form(currently u could probably reach 10k + hp with buffs , without probably 7k+ which is neat + bash 5-6sec stun with low cd + feral charge is really nice + shapeshifting out for poly+all move impairing slows and a ton lot more which nobody else has lol.

p.s i missed out vs rogue=start in bear form since rogue will open up on u with cheap shot.Get faire debuff on them ASAP and kill them.Easy XD . Nothing much to it , noob rogues like most will try to vanish -_- and some good rogues will blind u and gouge u.Always stay bear form against a rogue since they have over 4+ incapacitate/stuns so being off guard in normal form or cat form u will die easy.Use charge/bash to heal up.Also its a perfect time to use feral regen which will heal 2k hp np.

U counter warr+rogue+mages which make up 50-70% of the server population in any vanilla wow server.

This is the pvp build i would go for http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zLVhZxTMscbdtV0b
All these other swiftmend builds are rubbish , they are good at running away, wsg flag carrying or large pvp but the dmg isnt their.Also heart of the wild talent is so big and u miss it?I would rather have HotW than NS/swiftmend.Getting a ton of heals is nice but with no dmg u cant even kill someone unless u outlast them in a 5min duel.In resto all the talents are rubbish other than furor which u already get in the build PVP wise.

Last edited:
go feral
feral op in vanilla
esp mangle spec
but mainly druid is fc in vanilla indeed
here is the guide i used when was getting r13 as black female tauren showing main deadzones in vanilla because its everything about druid pvp in vanilla
adviced by burn capture stormling leaf and myntone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaA_cs4WZHM
cheers

Going to admit I did not read any but the first two responses. However being a Druid I can say they can be 'good' to 'strong' but has a lot of factors.

1) which by are you playing, and what roll are you expected to fulfill? Wsg usually the flag carrier would have a specific talent build, and gear set. While Ab or Av would be more support and healing, again talents and gear.
2) what do you want to play? Most common is resto because that's usually what is expected (and a little easier to start off with). Feral and boomkin can both be efficient but have a much higher gear requirement and play style (and again specific pvp specs)

I have been attacked by ferals that really put out the damage. Like wise as boomkin I have two shot mages and rouges.

So druids are viable!!

A downside with druids is that the pvp gear heavily favors feral over moonkin/resto, so if you wanna do well as a nonferal you'd better start hunting dragons.

Ok so I've seen people spamming links to this new site to dead threads on dead pservers forums with the same pattern that features a lot of emoticons and I'm honestly not sure whether it's a paid advertiser or a sophisticated bot.

as feral you counter everything except priest warlock rogue, those are even, depends on usage of custom stuff. As balance/resto, melees and mage easy, rest not sure.

Last edited:
Druids are great in world pvp when you can run and kite forever (unless you're against lock or sp, they'll probably win unless they're afk). It just has a very high skill cap/floor and isn't as forgiving as other classes so you actually have to know the class well unlike something like wizard where you just hit nova and CoC then win. Here's the WOTLK Classic Druid Leveling Guide that can help you level Druids well.

Top Bottom