• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How create hype for kronos

indaco

Authorized
So we all know kronos is best 1.12 realm but main problem is the ultralow population.
So is time to work as community and create hype for it :D kinda like corecraft.
400 player online at day release will assure an exponential server grow.

/discuss

regards mighty inda

from the side of the Kronos staff: in the course of the next months, we will release videos on youtube, and we are going to share news and info on reddit, twitter, and facebook.
atm, we are setting things up and when it's done, there will be links to all our channels on the kronos-wow.com website.

you as the players can help then, by spreading the links to the communities you are in.
we hope that with your help, we can reach alot of people and get them interested into our server.
you guys know how good Kronos already was in the past and, rest assured, we will set the bar alot higher this time.

Last edited:
You can't force it. Simple as that.
I played on all vanilla servers and yes, Kronos is by far the best one. Just have to make sure people will recognize the realm and things will go your way :)

A video proving all the working mechanics will go a very long way to build hype. People want that true retro-feel finally.

After seeing all the fixes going on for the next re-release, I am very excited to start here again.
Rubix

I dont know much about Kronos, but I think that it doesnt help that if you google Vanilla private wow or something like that, Kronos doesnt pop up. And moreover theres no mention of it on the first related forums which are primary sources for any people interested in simply finding a good server and playing. Maybe it would be a good idea to actually optimize the website for search somehow and appoint someone to spread the word months in advance..

I dont know much about Kronos, but I think that it doesnt help that if you google Vanilla private wow or something like that, Kronos doesnt pop up. And moreover theres no mention of it on the first related forums which are primary sources for any people interested in simply finding a good server and playing. Maybe it would be a good idea to actually optimize the website for search somehow and appoint someone to spread the word months in advance..

This is a very important point, if u don't find Kronos on google, it's the greatest barrier imo!
Ofc everyone of us will bring friends and so on. But the numbers joining the community by this are rather limited.
For a healthy growth over all time Youtube & Google are the mightiest tools u have. Use them an try to be present on both! Only this will secure a fluent incoming of new people.

Farming new gear/ leveling whatever doesn't matter crap for me, doing it 100 times over, I don't care because the quality you guys have in your server is insane, it doesn't compare to anything.

I'll be waiting for that day when you finaly release, and I'll bring friends for sure. ;)

You kind of summed up in one post why shit servers get more attention. 3 the worst projects show up as the first entries...
Optimizing your webpage usually doesn't help at all, cause obviously the other servers do that too.

Tell as many people as you can about Kronos. Get it linked on FB, reddit, twitch and what not. Open topics about it on gaming forums you are active on. You name it. Everything helps :)

Last edited:
You kind of summed up in one post why shit servers get more attention. 3 the worst projects show up as the first entries...
Optimizing your webpage usually doesn't help at all, cause obviously the other servers do that too.

Tell as many people as you can about Kronos. Get it linked on FB, reddit, twitch and what not. Open topics about it on gaming forums you are active on. You name it. Everything helps :)

As a professional SEO/Digital Marketer, I can tell you that only two servers are genuinely optimized well. Unfortunately, they're both terrible. They do both have large populations though. Make of that what you will.

This sounds like you are the right guy to do it then, doesn't it :)

The most reason why they got alot pop wasn't due to SEO it was due to videos and such that were made on those servers. Well at least for one of them if we are talking about the same servers.

For me as a german, no matter what I search for regarding classic, I always get the worst shit server on #1. Their website isn't optimised in any kind of way. Just alot other sites redirect to it.

I suggest u guy ,to spread kronos B) i costantly tell people about where i will go play when gonna get released and guess is working )

As a professional SEO/Digital Marketer, I can tell you that only two servers are genuinely optimized well. Unfortunately, they're both terrible. They do both have large populations though. Make of that what you will.

If u are proffesional, you can help us with these things :) U can say some tips for advertising or optimiting.

I think u help us this way a lot!

Note: is seems that the FB background is still the low quality of the picture. The "K" is pretty blurred and pixeled. Change that if you could :)

Otherwise... my first visit on facebook. EVER (not kidding)

More than happy to advise on SEO and digital marketing. Hell, depending on the CMS that's been used for the site, I can do it all for them without an issue. Also happy to advise on the link building side of things.

LHarts: I'm not disagreeing with you on the videos. They play a huge role in getting new users to the server. I just think it's important to bare in mind that over the course of the last 12 months, these search terms have been looked for on Google an awful lot:

"Vanilla WoW" -- 8,100 searches per month
"WoW Classic" -- 4,400 searches per month
"WoW Vanilla" -- 4,400 searches per month
"Classic WoW" -- 2,400 searches per month
"WoW 1.12.1" -- 880 searches per month.

Even having control of the smallest term there and assuming that only 10% of them actually bothered to download the client (converted), that's 88 new players per month. I know they wouldn't all stick around but nonetheless, the power of SEO and its sustainability shouldn't be overlooked.

More than happy to advise on SEO and digital marketing. Hell, depending on the CMS that's been used for the site, I can do it all for them without an issue. Also happy to advise on the link building side of things.

LHarts: I'm not disagreeing with you on the videos. They play a huge role in getting new users to the server. I just think it's important to bare in mind that over the course of the last 12 months, these search terms have been looked for on Google an awful lot:

"Vanilla WoW" -- 8,100 searches per month
"WoW Classic" -- 4,400 searches per month
"WoW Vanilla" -- 4,400 searches per month
"Classic WoW" -- 2,400 searches per month
"WoW 1.12.1" -- 880 searches per month.

Even having control of the smallest term there and assuming that only 10% of them actually bothered to download the client (converted), that's 88 new players per month. I know they wouldn't all stick around but nonetheless, the power of SEO and its sustainability shouldn't be overlooked.

Pibie helping server with marketing, you are my hero :thumbup:
:angel2:​

I see...i see new, big, epic realm coming down....its our third attemp and we CANNOT fail. Put our souls and the whole hearths into and succes cannot miss us :w00t::laugh::w00t::laugh::w00t:

Pibie helping server with marketing, you are my hero :thumbup:
:angel2:​

foolhd said:
I see...i see new, big, epic realm coming down....its our third attemp and we CANNOT fail. Put our souls and the whole hearths into and succes cannot miss us :w00t::laugh::w00t::laugh::w00t:

No pressure... :hehwhat:

dont forget "pre tbc" :)

But you totally missed my point.
Players make PvP videos and post them on WCM for example. Or youtube or w/e. If its decent content it will have alot viewers.
I am not talking about promotion videos like the one from chero. I am mean user made vids.

2 things not mentioned yet...

1- Can you somehow make sure the server doesn't get internetically:D assaulted after launch? I seem to remember that the first days of Kronos n.2 were somewhat spoiled by something called DoS attacks or such, by other vanilla servers. Surely would be nice if it didn't happen this time, but I'm no expert so I don't know how realistic that is.

2- Are you planning on asking us to vote for Kronos again? Anywhere. I've really only played on 3 private servers and I always found out about them through word of mouth, so I never had to search for one on those voting sites and therefore don't know how useful can they be.
But if you think they can be useful, you need to motivate players to vote on them, because, as we've seen before, kind words and various pleas are not enough. And should you choose to motivate us somehow, I highly suggest (as I've done in the past) coming up with a reward system that could also benefit twinstar players on the Cataclysm realm. There are thousands of guys next door, who are perfectly capable of clicking on a banner, if only they had the proper motivation.

That is all for now. Myself, I'm not sure yet if I'll play on Kronos n.3, but I really hope it gets the population it needs to last at least till Naxxramas.

Lets say, you can't prevent DDoS, but you can prevent DoS attacks.
If the server really gets attacked again, that only means that the competitors fear its success :)

For the voting... same here. Almost noone pays attention to those sites anyways. Maybe 5y before, but not today anymore.

For your third paragraph, you should play here again ^^

dont forget "pre tbc" :)

But you totally missed my point.
Players make PvP videos and post them on WCM for example. Or youtube or w/e. If its decent content it will have alot viewers.
I am not talking about promotion videos like the one from chero. I am mean user made vids.

I didn't miss your point at all dude. I got it and I agree with you, 100%.

well i hope to stream everything in game (last time same) but i have 5y old notebook so i dont have "resources" :crying:

Will definetly stream most of my lvling and also the 5man content afterwards. Not sure about raids yet.

My opinion (hope my eng will be enough):

Most players which decide to play classic will be expierenced players in wow world and maybe very very small % newbies. Easiest and most effective way how to let players know about Kronos is to join rival (no matter datadisc) servers and whisp players about Kronos like Nextgen did it on Twinstar (Ares).
I mean no force convert, just tell them there is new project and if they will have time, they could watch some videos with game mechanics and class fuction (ofc after there will be some released).
From my point of view that vote pages are pointless.

Top Bottom