• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How create hype for kronos

I prolly will get another ban from chero for this ) but it feel good to let u guy know.

There was a bug on Feenix server which caused Jom gabbar trinket to remove druid feral form.
Feenix dev : cant fix this bug coz is in game code.
I reported it ,took chero like 2 minute for fix B)

Inda ban on kronos 3 now ( rip

I'm hyped. I want to play. As a random gamer poking around at different WoW options, I stumbled across Kronos while browsing 1.12.1 youtube videos using the Most Recent filter. One of the Bug Fixes videos for Kronos popped up and it snagged my interest.

Same thing here. Those bug fixes videos made me decide to stop playing seriously on the private server I was on and await Kronos release( being able to kite mobs for example, fantastic as hunter is a class I like). Currently I am just dabbling around questing for fun in the alliance starting areas to get my WoW fix without investing myself. Haven't played alliance since back when WoW was released so it's something new at least.

Really hard to wait though. Started playing 5 weeks ago after a break of a couple of years. So have that initial WoW addiction going atm. :p

I just reached lvl 60 for the second time on ED but guess what ? Quality is horrible and now I stopped playing on any server from Feenix since it is too far from the true Vanilla except in terms of population, the rest is more like a money pump with prices higher than Blizzard.

Kronos could truely be the only one able to gather population AND quality within a blizzlike experience. It deserves a huge Hype !

couldnt have said it better myself although i still play "ED" until Kronos releases since i need a spot to test my addons in order to fix/improve them etc. ☺

Myself, and few others in my guild are playing on The Rebirth for vanilla wow. The coding is pretty flawless, as are the GMs, HOWEVER, they had no plan on how to deal with DDoS attacks.

Many in the vanilla wow commnity as a whole will not make a point to even try your server until there is a stance on how the server plans on handling DDoS attacks. Feenix WILL DDoS other servers. If the server isn't prepared, it will die. Plain and simple. DDoS is how many companies handle rivals. If the server cannot handle attacks, they do not deserve to be a top server.

Kronos is part of twinstar and their servers are prepared. Nothing else to say, On the old kronos server or also on ares I never saw any DDoS attacks.

Don't worry the team is very professional.

Kronos is part of twinstar and their servers are prepared. Nothing else to say, On the old kronos server or also on ares I never saw any DDoS attacks.

Don't worry the team is very professional.

In this very thread one of the admins stated that they haven't been ddosed simply because they weren't popular enough.

Saying their servers are prepared is simply a hopeful and nice statement with nothing to back it up. Even Blizzard and other MAJOR gaming companies have been ddosed and the servers went down while they were prepared.

If they don't have enough power to soak up the ddos attacks the servers can be kept down indefinitely.

And please understand I am not trying to be difficult or biased, and from what I have seen the staff is VERY professional, but that doesn't help ddos attacks.

Kronos wasnt but i wouldnt say the same for the other servers, and i kinda doubt they would be using different ddos systems for each server, not to mention their servers are already able to handle way more than ED.

so if you want to know the state of ddos protection then take a look at the other servers.

+ being popular has nothing to do with ddos, it only means more will be online and that it is more likely to be targeted not that it hasnt or wouldnt be targeted at all.

not saying twinstar has airtight ddos protection since that doesnt exist in this age, since it is a matter of scale and price but i am sure they can beat ED in a race of uptime, stability and quality.

Kronos wasnt but i wouldnt say the same for the other servers, and i kinda doubt they would be using different ddos systems for each server, not to mention their servers are already able to handle way more than ED.

so if you want to know the state of ddos protection then take a look at the other servers.

+ being popular has nothing to do with ddos, it only means more will be online and that it is more likely to be targeted not that it hasnt or wouldnt be targeted at all.

not saying twinstar has airtight ddos protection since that doesnt exist in this age, since it is a matter of scale and price but i am sure they can beat ED in a race of uptime, stability and quality.
I hope you are right. But as people have been talking about advertisment, this would be a huge selling point at this point in time, especially with the recent ddos attacks on many private servers.

I know ED is a popular server, but is far from anything to compare oneself to. The GMs there have banned 4+ entire raiding guilds because of forums posts and have 12+ disconnects a day.

There are many other servers out to compare to.

There are surprisingly a good bit more, but none of them know how to get their names out sadly.
they know and did, their problem was they released it as bugged and after they stopped caring and since things didnt get fixed and quality lacked people left the sinking ship. i played on many well known servers and that is the core issue that caused them to crumble, some of the sames i remember are Q-gaming and Rebirth, which everyone still knows but when refering to it people also remember the quality or lack of attention.

in short: ED used any trick they could, from deleting complaint threads to over-scaling the worth of minor fixes or stating a list of large bugs that they wanted to fix, funny fact is they never fixed all those large scale projects of fixing stuff, but since the rivals where sinking or had sunk there wasn't really much reason left since people couldn't leave the leaky ship they had boarded since the others had sunk.

There is some indication posted on the Kronos Facebook, cause the question was asked there as well, the answer from the Twinstar Admin was this:

"Just read the faq. We have antiddos hardware and software protection. So we should be able to be ready to challenge most of them. In past we were able to hold 4Gbits DDOS with ease "

anyways, other than that, how can you demonstrate the people how well the server stands against ddos attacks ? what kind of an answer do you want to hear ? wanna hear how much money they spent for ddos protection ? and what kind of software and hardware they got for it ? why should they tell that ?

Not to mention, that when someone put a lot of effort and money to ddos, no ddos protection will save you. But Twinstar have 3000+ online on Cata server in peak, wchich is, in my opinion, high number and server is stable. It goes down only for uprates, maintance and, from time to time, due to bug in update. But it's usualy fixed in matter of minutes.
And Kronos was the same. Each time server gets update, Chero (or other devs) is here to check out, if it don't causes problems.

No one will tell how we are protected, simply due to security reasons ^^.

Twinstar is very well known in Central Europe and the project was attacked several times with no result.
A project, that holds 5k players at once draws attention very quickly, and without proper DDOS protection this project would be already dead ;)

All you can do is to believe or not.

Thanks for all the replies all. I will forward this to a lot of others on various servers that were curious. A bunch on Rebirth are looking for where to settle at.

simple explanation:
If you know what is guarding and how powerful it is, you can start scheming a perfect plan for a price just enough to affect the target.

i found 2 very informative animations in case anyone is wondering what ddos actually is and to understand why they cannot give the information.

What is DDOS ?
what happens

Take a look at all the effort they are putting in to this server, if they didn't invest in the proper protection then all the time they use would be for nothing. so take a look at effort+quality and they know of the horrible state ED is in due to it, considering those things is more than enough to make me believe the protection is top quality :biggrin:

+1 Kronos

Indeed, launching this server without protection would have been like a Q-Gaming bis... The whole thing is clearly more reassuring than all 1.12.1 projects I have seen from now. Could you imagine Emerald Dream without DDOS and better scripts ?

:wub:

LoL I just got a temporary ban from MMORPG.com for having a tiny banner (which is allowed) in my signature that linked to this site. Fucking message board fascists.

better way's to advertise would be to speak casually to people about the up and down's without sounding like a salesman :wink:

more casual way would be to refer to twinhead as a wowhead replacement with different expansion versions, so each time they visit they will see a list of fixes and they will slowly realize how much effort is being put into it as well that twinstar has both armory and wowhead features :wink:

Commenting in the top youtube vids that come up for "Vanilla WoW" would probably be good. And then we could all up-vote it!

LoL I just got a temporary ban from MMORPG.com for having a tiny banner (which is allowed) in my signature that linked to this site. Fucking message board fascists.
-----
MMORPG.com has a rock-solid advertising contract with every major computer game company to disallow private servers or custom fan made offerings of their games from being even mentioned on their forum boards in any manner. It has to a lot to do with marketing and the fact that MMORPG.com is almost totally an advertisement platform for the companies, and nothing else.

People posting on the forums even mentioning that there are private servers for a particular game, much less giving a specific name for one, have their posts taken down and posting account temp suspended. Kind of stupid, but I guess they don't want to even see it admitted that private servers for a particular game even exist.

Well since we already grew alot bigged. All of you got friends. Some might play vanilla wow too somewhere. They got friends too. Tell them all about Kronos and show them some videos.
Some CoreCraft videos have 10k views over the course of 1y where Kronos vids had over 1,5k in the first month.

Nothing sways players as much as seeing first hand what makes this server so special.

Some of the current Kronos fixes are nice to see, but for those who have played other vanilla servers extensively it's obvious that there are huge underlying problems that are not related to bugs, there's an enormous disparity between the difficulty of 1.4 content and how all classes and items are tuned for 1.12. (Class got buffed a lot in vanilla as Blizzard reworked them, spell power got added to items at a later point)

As a consequence of this most content feels easy and lacking of any challenge. I think if the Kronos team would be able to address the underlying issues such as this then it really would be able to grow via word of mouth, currently it's not that exciting that it could spread virally like CoreCraft did. Don't get me wrong though, you probably are the most exciting vanilla server out there, right now, but it could need some more to go on for people to flock to it.

Another point to address would be how Stratholme and Scholomance will work, will the dungeons be in their original state with 10-man cap with higher difficulty and shorter respawn time or will everything just be in a 1.12 state? This also applies to raids, although most of the raid changes are sparse or obscure except for 20-mans.

As a consequence of this most content feels easy and lacking of any challenge.
That might also be because the content is nearly 10 years old and it has been played times and times again, literally every information about this version is available in the internet. It's never going to be as hard/interesting as on retaikl simply because people know a lot more about the game and became better.

Top Bottom