• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How create hype for kronos

You will see that when CoreCraft is released the community itself will make the server go down in flames in about 4 months time by hacking, duping and just abusing the shit out of every left ingame bug they can find.
And it never went "viral" of w/e. Tell me how viral something with 10k views in 1 year is?

You seem to be an unexperience private server player. Especially regarding 1.12.1 :)
If you think tuning up bosses HP and their damage make content in any way harder then you don't really know anything.
The difference with gear just makes it possible for you to tackle content earlier and not farming instances for full BiS gear before even getting anywhere else. The reason you might have experienced content to be easier is the simple fact that almost 80% of the instance didn't work properly or that some other bugs, like aggro working improperly, make it easier. However, this does not apply to Kronos as you will notice early on. Enjoy your first instance wipe cause your tank loses aggro.

In other words, if you are not blown away by the work they already showed then I don't know what you expect to see.

Last edited:
That might also be because the content is nearly 10 years old and it has been played times and times again, literally every information about this version is available in the internet. It's never going to be as hard/interesting as on retaikl simply because people know a lot more about the game and became better.

I think people playing vanilla servers today think they are far better than what they really are. It's easy to be oblivious to my aforementioned problem and just brush it off as everyone being bad back then, but if you look through the changelogs you will see that the class changes throughout vanilla makes a huge difference.

You will see that when CoreCraft is released the community itself will make the server go down in flames in about 4 months time by hacking, duping and just abusing the shit out of every left ingame bug they can find.
And it never went "viral" of w/e. Tell me how viral something with 10k views in 1 year is?

If you are this biased is there any point in even having a discussion? You obviously will only listen to and agree with what you want to hear. And when I use the term "virally" it means that it spreads through other people and gains popularity that way.

Oh, and feel free to use the facepalm button for anything that goes against what you want to hear, that sounds like a great tool for encouraging forum discussions.

Last edited:
knowledge is power but, knowing that a monster hits 231 damage doesn't make it much easier, you would learn that by fighting it once or a couple times anyways, the secret passages in vanilla is common knowledge but can also be read in in-game books. retail content is revealed months before you actually get to it and it doesn't really make much of a difference.

fact is that 1.12.1 was the most enjoyable version blizzard had, once they started with expansions content truly did become easier and faster to accomplish since their greed demanded more players and the way to do it was by making it more desirable for kids and people with shorter time to play.

it is however true that content in 1.12.1 is easier than it was at the beginning, that had to be done since somethings where close to impossible such as ragnaros.

please do not forget, on retail a new raid is cleared upon day 1 by the leading guilds. in 1.12.1 it takes the leading guilds over a month to clear the hardest raids the first time even if all the information is known, sometimes even longer.

note:
Viral is the term that is only used once a thing grows to a tremendous size within a short time like a virus which is from where the term viral comes, 10 thousand over the duration of a year doesn't classify it as viral. if it where a million then you could classify it as viral or 100 thousand within the first months.

tip: facepalm isnt used whenever you dont agree but simply when it is well deserved, your opinion is rather biased if i may say so Intra, so i dont think what you told Lharts completely neutral but since you disagree.

note to mention this thread is "How create hype for kronos" and note "what does viral mean & what is too easy" so lets continue talking about how to best hype the server population :wink:

If there was a downvote button I'd use that instead, but for your post a faceplam seemed like the most fitting option anyways.

Crowlocke explained it pretty well imo.

For me it seemed like you played on bugged server far too long and expect "harder" content.
Where "hard" means hard hitting bosses and increased HP values.
This does not make encounters harder in any way. I just makes them more random and gear dependent.

You will see that Kronos content is challenging enought. Even for experienced players.

Last edited:

You might be right. I personally won't play it. While I think TBC was decent, Vanilla is superior for me.

Tbh i will like to have you try scholo with a random pug ^^ it annoying as fuck with all mob ability :p is totally different then feenix scholo

don't use the public channels

talk to individuals and casually convince them as if you are doing them a favor but not really that interested in them, but think about your approach so that they get a positive image instead of a random recruiter. If you do it well it is likely he drags his friends and speaks in guild and in best case speaks to randoms about it.

also you can whenever ppl search for a wowhead inform them to use Twinhead since it is new, fresh from the oven vanilla database. along with that you can compliment the dev from twinstar who happens to be making kronos a server that you deffenitely are moving to :wink:

i do so daily whenever i log on to test addons and 9/10 cases i get a positive response, the only resistant ones are lvl 60s with raid gear :biggrin:.

i run around lvl 15-40 zones most of the time so i try catch them before they lvl up or lvl yet another alt up :wink:

ah ok :/

i don't usually comment on youtube i only upload to it, but there is always something new to learn :smile:

note: what about the private server voting advertisement lists ? there are countless of them and everyone who runs around between them visits at-least once in awhile, getting players to vote you just need a treat so players click it whenever they can :)

perhaps a convert solution ? like 10x vote = 1x donation point, just an example :wink:

note: gonna make a suggestion thread and see what others think of it.

Last edited:
Love how people bash on vanilla wow when they have clearly now idea what they are talking about. The main reason about vanilla is not the amazing gameplay or unbelievably migh amount of content, its the community and flare that make it special.

Love how people bash on vanilla wow when they have clearly now idea what they are talking about. The main reason about vanilla is not the amazing gameplay or unbelievably migh amount of content, its the community and flare that make it special.

I especially love when people tell me I don't really enjoy Vanilla, it's just nostalgia. The "N" word, I'm so sick of it! Because different people enjoying different things is such a difficult concept to grasp. :laugh:

Top Bottom