• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Warlock How messed up is pet pathing actually?

UDdruid

Hi!

I'm considering rolling a lock but all the talk of pet pathing issues have me worried. How bad is the situation for highend pvp compared to lets say feenix? I think nostalrius had near flawless pet pathing so it might be a bit too harsh comparing it to that.

Is it gamebreaking in any way?

It's bothersome when you jump off a cliff or use mount speed increase enchants

pretty irritating in pvp when your pet lags way far behind you, and despawns when slowed or outrun.

that's about it really, at this point in time.

I did play a warlock on feenix, the pet usually kept pace but the cliff pathing was similar to here.
though honestly its been a very cool minute since I've spent time on feenix

Its utter garbage when you are inside WSG. You rely on your pets much more then hunters and are fucked over repeatedly by stucked pets or pets that simply cannot catch up with you for whatever reason. Its infuriating.

any improvements on this? It is damn near impossible to find warlocks on alliance side so i figured i might roll one.

Nice me too,I am probably late now but i assume u are lvl 60 or close to it?
Pet pathing aint too bad but their are problems with it.Especialy if u are full destro or SL build.From what I have seen in 1week i have been playing here is that in wpvp and 5man/10man/raids its not bad but bgs is worst.Sometimes pet gets lost which is a problem.

been 1 year and they havent fixed fear so i doubt they wont be fixing this anytime soon.:p

I felt like once I got my epic pet pathing isn't a huge deal in world since my pet is following a lot faster.

Though while farming hilly areas for herbs like winterspring they do get stuck and disappear sometimes, or if you jump directly off of the wsg graveyard it takes a little for your pet to path around and catch up.

Recently I tried to kill totems with my hunter pet, the pet ignored the command.

On another occasion I told the pet to attack a rogue who was in stealth, pet didn't do so.

I have an issue where I'll have pet attacking someone and then it suddenly stops and runs back to me, forcing me to press attack again.

Also, having pet on aggressive should attack rogues from stealth before you are even able to see them, that doesn't seen to be working either.

Pathing actually isn't that big of a problem, you just need to plan ahead and be aware of your pet.

Top Bottom