• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

How to Prepare for launch

Cr0wL0ck

1. Make up your mind as to what class, race & faction you wish to play
2. Think up 3-5 names you would like to give your character, there is a high chance the name you desire will long be taken even if you are early
3. Prepare the addons you desire to use
4. Make a character on PTR and setup your addons & action bar however the abilities will be macro's
5. Go to the WTF folder & copy the new character you just setup, once the server starts rename it to that characters name & move it under K3's folder

Congratulations your character is now completely setup & ready to start its leveling journey, the macro abilities will enable once you learn them and u won't have to bother setting up your addons or action bar while you are leveling, aside from this it would be recommendable to find a guild or friend group you can level with and do dungeons with, using the addon CallToArms can help filter your chat for lfg, lfm & such into a seperate window for example & leveling guide addons can help you figure out where to go if confused.

I hope this small guide with preparations before launch is of some use to you ^^

additionally i play with the character customization on k1 to make up my mind how i want my char to look like then im even leveling it until level 10 to see if im sure about race/their animations, the appearence i chose (look at it in different lights) and while doing that i think about what quests will be overflooded when k3 launches- hence i should skip them or kill mobs instead for xp gains.

I plan out my lvling route and lvl in silverpine as a druid because most ppl will go barrens. Once lvl 10 i have easy access a druid trsiner in moonglade anyways. Maybe i will also get all flightpath up to lvl 40 as a first step while everyone floods the low lvl zones. Will save me alot of time later

additionally i play with the character customization on k1 to make up my mind how i want my char to look like then im even leveling it until level 10 to see if im sure about race/their animations, the appearence i chose (look at it in different lights) and while doing that i think about what quests will be overflooded when k3 launches- hence i should skip them or kill mobs instead for xp gains.
sounds like you should play the sims instead

anyway to setup an account / pre-register for k3 so that i have a guaranteed ready account active for when server goes live?

i want to be able to just open the client and make my character on march 31

how do you register for K3? I have my account ready and client downloaded... is there something else I need to do?

4. Make a character on PTR and setup your addons & action bar however the abilities will be macro's

Is there a way to make a lvl 60 on the PTR without having leveled one on twinstar?

Edit: Typo. And want to say that I've looked on the forums but haven't found any answer to this question.

Last edited:
Is there a way to make a lvl 60 on the PTR without having leveled one on twinstar?

Edit: Typo. And want to say that I've looked on the forums but haven't found any answer to this question.

Yes, create the chatacter on the ptr and type .command or .commands to see all the commands to lvl up add items and so on.

Can I create the Kronos 3 folder in the WTF folder in advance? So once the server goes live I can just create a char and play?

Can I create the Kronos 3 folder in the WTF folder in advance? So once the server goes live I can just create a char and play?
yes i see no problem in that but keep in mind upon release a lot of names are gonna be reserved right away XD

Personally i made both Kronos 3 & Kronos III since they don't fill anything anyways and in worst case that when creating character it overwrites rather than uses whats there then i can simply do a copy paste from the other folder without logging out and do a /reloadui from inside the game ;)

Congratulations your character is now completely setup & ready to start its leveling journey, the macro abilities will enable once you learn them and u won't have to bother setting up your addons or action bar while you are leveling, aside from this it would be recommendable to find a guild or friend group you can level with and do dungeons with, using the addon CallToArms can help filter your chat for lfg, lfm & such into a seperate window for example & leveling guide addons can help you figure out where to go if confused.

I hope this small guide with preparations before launch is of some use to you ^^

So when K3 launches, there will be no game to download? I recently just got started a few days ago and haven't been on WoW in over 8 years. I'm just wondering what the actual process will be client side?

Not really anything that will affect you, once it launches it will appear in the realm list alongside K1, you can prepare tho ahead of time with addons ^ config.wtf file or planning what u wish to do once its released ^^

Top Bottom