• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Hunter BiS: MC & Ony

Rikku

Hello,​

Here is the Hunter BiS gear for currrent content (MC/Onyxia)​

_______________________​

HEAD

Garr (MC, 21%)
Enchant: Lesser Arcanum of Voracity (+8 Agi)

NECK

Head of Onyxia (quest)
SHOULDERS

Sulfuron Harbinger (MC, 25%)
BACK

Ragnaros (MC, 15%)
Enchant: Lesser Agility (+3 Agi)
CHEST

Golemagg the Incinerator (MC, 21%)
Enchant: Greater Stats (+4 all stats)
BRACERS

Trash drop (MC, 0,28%)
Enchant: Superior Stamina (+9 Stam)
GLOVES

Shazzrah (MC, 17%)
Enchant: Greater Agility (+7 Agi)
BELT

Trash drop (MC, 0,28%)
LEGS

Magmadar (MC, 21%)
Enchant: Lesser Arcanum of Voracity (+8 Agi)

BOOTS

Gehennas (MC, 17%)
Enchant: Greater Agility (+7 Agi)
RINGS

AV exalted

Gordok Tribute (DM:N tribute run)
TRINKETS

For The Horde! (quest)

The Greatest Race of Hunters (quest)
WEAPON

King Gordok (DM:N, 23%)
Enchant: Major Intellect (+9 Int)
RANGED

Ancient Petrified Leaf quest-line (MC, Cache of the Firelord, 50%)
Scope: Sniper Scope (+7 dmg)

Last edited:
Good list Rikku.

My only question is why would you not go for Striker's Mark off Magmadar (1% hit, 22 AP, 129 top end, ~40dps). I get that it's fast (2.5) speed, but don't the raw stats put it above Blackcrow?

Giantstalker Boots don't have any hit chance, so that "6 / 8 %" is likely just a typo.

General FYI if this wasn't already assumed...as with all "BiS" lists...the items mentioned tend to work in harmony and not individually. Meaning...until you get to your hit cap you're going to want to keep wearing your Blackstone Ring instead of Masons. The biznick scope pattern is BoP, so you have to hope/wait for a guildie/you to acquire it...this could take awhile depending on your guild's progression. While you can buy the scope from the AH, at this stage they cost over 300 gold, so yeah.

Acquiring this entire list will afford you the opportunity to run a 20/31/0 build once it's all assembled, however you can (and should) be covering your hit cap with Surefooted from Survival until that point.

Last edited:
Good list Rikku.

My only question is why would you not go for Striker's Mark off Magmadar (1% hit, 22 AP, 129 top end, ~40dps). I get that it's fast (2.5) speed, but don't the raw stats put it above Blackcrow?

Striker's Mark is a big priority for Melee in most (if not all) guilds, so chance you're ever gonna get your hands on those are close to zero.

Giantstalker Boots don't have any hit chance, so that "6 / 8 %" is likely just a typo.

Forgot to get that out, thanks for noticing!

General FYI if this wasn't already assumed...as with all "BiS" lists...the items mentioned tend to work in harmony and not individually. Meaning...until you get to your hit cap you're going to want to keep wearing your Blackstone Ring instead of Masons. The biznick scope pattern is BoP, so you have to hope/wait for a guildie/you to acquire it...this could take awhile depending on your guild's progression. While you can buy the scope from the AH, at this stage they cost over 300 gold, so yeah.

Acquiring this entire list will afford you the opportunity to run a 20/31/0 build once it's all assembled, however you can (and should) be covering your hit cap with Surefooted from Survival until that point.

This is correct, this is the BiS list only if you actually have all these items available. Don't go replacing your pre-raid BiS pieces 1 by 1 blindly with upgrades.

With full pre-raid you can spec out of Surefooted as well, and get the 20/31/0 spec.

Updated with loot that becomes available on DM release, the above list is now the current content BiS.

It would not be more interesting the 3% hit of the scope

For Orcs, you are right, it is mandatory to use the 3% hit scope since you can't rely on the +5 bow skills racial Trolls have.
So you swap the +7 dmg scope for a 3% hit one, and you can swap 1 Tarnished Elven Ring for Painweaver Band.

With BWL out now, I kind of know what the new BiS is. However...at what point do you begin to replace Giantstalker? 8/8 T1 is pretty legit. Is there a specific 3 pieces of T2 that you hope to get before making the switch? Do you collect the full 8/8 T2 and then do a full swap?

With BWL out now, I kind of know what the new BiS is. However...at what point do you begin to replace Giantstalker? 8/8 T1 is pretty legit. Is there a specific 3 pieces of T2 that you hope to get before making the switch? Do you collect the full 8/8 T2 and then do a full swap?

Hi AgentMulder!

8/8 T1 remains BiS until you have all 8 pieces of T2. The 8-set bonus is just too strong to drop for individual T2 pieces.
There is the argument as well that 8/8 T2 requires another debuff slot - depending on your guild, there might not be any room for that debuff, requiring you to stick with 8/8 T1 until there's 16 debuff slots (so if your guild doesn't care about which debuffs are up, use full T2 already).
Regardless, I advise you to get 3/8 T2 as fast as possible (and if you got T2 from Ony/Rag already, you only need 1 more piece).
Not to wear it, but you can use it to equip, pop Aspect of the Hawk (the set bonus increases the AP gain), and then switch back to normal gear. The AP bonus stays as long as AOTH stays active. If you swap to another and then back to AOTH, you'll need to repeat.

I'll update the original post later with BWL gear.

Top Bottom