• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Hunter Pet's

One of my biggest complaints about Vanilla are pets. It was really cool when all pet families got unique skills in TBC and beyond. But Vanilla is superior in most every other way, so I'm able to overlook such things.

I think there's no point to playing Hunters in Pre-TBC. Normalizing pets was the nail in the coffin for me. No innate resistances? Nerfing Lupos? Basically, everything is done to make Warlocks and Warriors feel special, and if they aren't dominating everything, then nerf everyone else. Awesome job blizz. What a bunch of useless trolls.

TF being borderline useless for Hunters was maybe worse.....

And obviously the legendary bag....

Wait what? Also, you're 10 years late for for this QQ.

On a more serious note, even if Hunters are not top DPS in end game PvE they definitely have their role to play AND are quite fun to play.

In all other areas of the game (leveling & PVP), Hunters are top performers.

Implying warlocks ever got a buff, or a nerf, or any other form of change. Warlock is probably the LEAST changed class in the game. If anything blame warriors for their gear scaling.

On a sidenote. Hunter, lockss, warriors are the most REDICULOUS classes in endgame PvP. Don't act like you got the short end of the stick.

Implying warlocks ever got a buff, or a nerf, or any other form of change. Warlock is probably the LEAST changed class in the game. If anything blame warriors for their gear scaling.
Yeah, nerfing Hunters is definitely a buff to Warlocks. Don't know how you didn't get that.

On a sidenote. Hunter, lockss, warriors are the most REDICULOUS classes in endgame PvP. Don't act like you got the short end of the stick.
Wow..... Okay there Mr. Opinionated. That's a pretty big exaggeration considering Hunters are probably the least popular class in the history of WoW, compared to Warlocks, who have dominated PvP since day one, and Warriors, who are the most popular class in Pre-TBC. Both of which have quite literally dominated BGs with Shamans and Paladins for several years now.

But, please, inform us all how Hunters have managed to take the lead. This ought to be brilliant....

And yeah, removing the unique abilities and stats of Pets was lame. It was uber lame. It was a pointless nerf to a class that was already underplayed.

They were walking HKs for quite a while, before they got Death Coil and a lot of spell damage.

Bad Warlocks. Death Coil isn't spammable, and it's not like they needed a lot of Spell Damage to cast Fear and Devour Magic. I think you're referring to World PvP against Rogues. Which every class dies to anyway.

Nah, he is right. Warlock were, and still are, pretty underpowered with low gear. The classes OPness in endgame PvP makes up for the bad start though.

I think this is wrong in many ways.

Warlocks were like the worst class in pvp in the beginning of WoW... and yes people were way worse than they are now, that's ok, but that's a practical fact that one has to consider when making assumptions. In comparison to other classes, they were underpowered - i quote - "warlocks... are mushrooms", World of Roguecraft...

Later after some things were nerfed (AP), Bugfixes, gear normalization and death coil buff, Warlocks were very strong, if not the best 1on1 class in the game, even withouth strong gear. I remember at the time (2005), I was Rank 10 on my warlock and rarely lost a duel (without playing even close to today's level of skill) against my premade rank 13+14s. That was the case even before hitting rank 10, rank 7+ was enough to kill anyone. Just needed the Soullink skillbuild and enough stamina. Had that stupid scythe with stamina ;) Wasn't even exalted in any of those battleground factions.

So I guess, lots of misinformation in this thread. And hunters were never underplayed, they got lots of love in early wow. Nowadays, hunters are even one of the most elitist classes, because they try to make up for bad dps stats...

Warlocks sucked against Rogues like everyone. Big deal. That's like crying because your Warrior got smashed by Paladins. Woopty freaking do. And when were Warlocks bad against Priests, Mages, Druids or Paladins?

Hunters are massively underplayed compared to Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks and Mages, and they have been throughout the entire history of WoW. Newsflash, THEY ARE ONE OF THE LEAST PLAYED CLASSES IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF WOW! Seriously, how do you not know this?

And yeah, Hunter pets were widely considered to be underpowered throughout both Classic and TBC. Having only enough HP to die almost instantly to any form of serious AoE. Awesome job Blizz. Not including all the bugged mechanics that went unfixed for several years.

And more to the issue at hand, removing the unique benefits of Pets sucked. It was a pointless nerf to an underplayed and underpowered class who's massive trick was to make noobs think it was a decent class because of World PvP.

Hello, the entire game doesn't revolve around World PvP. There's something called Battlegrounds. Look it up scrubs.

Hello, the entire game doesn't revolve around World PvP. There's something called Battlegrounds. Look it up scrubs.
how ironic considering how retardedly good hunters become with a bit of gear in bgs.

how ironic considering how retardedly good hunters become with a bit of gear in bgs.

Compared to what? Mages, Warlocks, Warriors, Shaman, Paladins? All of those classes are ridiculously good when they're geared.

How is common sense dodging the hell out of this topic?

Hunters are massively underplayed compared to Warriors, Rogues, Warlocks and Mages, and they have been throughout the entire history of WoW. Newsflash, THEY ARE ONE OF THE LEAST PLAYED CLASSES IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF WOW! Seriously, how do you not know this?

Eh... all retail realms I played on from WoW release to mid-Wrath had hunter as their #1 played class, with no other classes even close in that competition.

Eh... all retail realms I played on from WoW release to mid-Wrath had hunter as their #1 played class, with no other classes even close in that competition.

on every single server I played in retail vanilla and tbc, the by far most played class was rogue.

Elaborate on what's bugged regarding hunters please

I've been testing this on the Beta realm last night.

If you have a Pet, I had a lvl 55 Bear from WPL.

You set it to either defensive/passive. Send it in to fight. Let it growl. You now burst and get aggro. Your pet just stands where he was fighting the mob doing nothing.

You have to manually press "Passive", and then send him to attack again.

This was the apparent bug I found after fooling around on my Hunter in EPL for 5 minutes.

Really putting me off on playing hunter atm :/ Although while leveling you won't take aggro from your pet with questitems etc.

Only by theory ( don't have hunter ) but if you make macro like that:
Code:
/script [URL="http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/API_PetPassiveMode"]PetPassiveMode[/URL]() [URL="http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/API_PetAggressiveMode"]PetAggressiveMode[/URL]() [URL="http://vanilla-wow.wikia.com/wiki/API_PetAttack"]PetAttack[/URL]() 
/cast Arcane Shot
Can somebody put a reply is that macro working? Don't have time to grind to level 10 atm.

Top Bottom