• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Hunter Hunterpets

If you're good with your pet then you should actually use a boar for intercepting mobs if the tank looses aggro, if you aren't that good a wolf will do.
wind serpents are kind of special in raids, while they were the best raid pet in tbc you need to get the right wind serpent for raiding in vanilla and learn how to position it to profit from lightning breath.

Mobs in raids are generally immune to immobilization, and to keep your boar by your side in case a tank loses aggro is a waste of dps.

If I were to use a wolf I would never keep it by my side during a boss fight just to get the howl. As far as I know, it's about 50 flat damage added on top of your shot every 10 seconds. If you assume a boss fight (pre naxx at least) is 180 seconds long, that'd give you 900 damage. Let's say this wolf has 50 dps. It would take the pet 18 seconds to do 900 damage if it was hitting the boss, and it would also buff the four melees in your group with Furious Howl, instead of just you. Your pet should easily be able to survive 18 seconds or more. If you're gonna use a wolf, let it attack the boss. And bind pet attack, follow and stay.

The thing with furious howl is, that you can time it with your Aimed Shot rotation to get the 50 damage on your Aimed Shot, which increases its damage quite a lot. The real problem with pets on bosses is that you never get healed and therefore you would need to resurrect your pet every fight, which is annoying and costs a lot of food.

.... If I were to use a wolf I would never keep it by my side during a boss fight just to get the howl. As far as I know, it's about 50 flat damage added on top of your shot every 10 seconds. If you assume a boss fight (pre naxx at least) is 180 seconds long, that'd give you 900 damage. Let's say this wolf has 50 dps. It would take the pet 18 seconds to do 900 damage if it was hitting the boss, and it would also buff the four melees in your group with Furious Howl, instead of just you. Your pet should easily be able to survive 18 seconds or more. If you're gonna use a wolf, let it attack the boss. And bind pet attack, follow and stay.

As far as I know Furious Howl buffs whole party and assuming you are in a party with another four physical damage dealers the damage increase would be five times bigger.

As far as I know Furious Howl buffs whole party and assuming you are in a party with another four physical damage dealers the damage increase would be five times bigger.
But it has a 15 yard range, you either put it on the boss to do damage and buff 4 melees, or you keep it by your side to buff only you.

It's math + skillneed.
if you put your pet on the boss it is way more likely going to die so you need the skill to manage your pet while keeping up your rotation.

It's math + skillneed.
if you put your pet on the boss it is way more likely going to die so you need the skill to manage your pet while keeping up your rotation.

It is still just PvE. The rotations are freaking easy, you don't need to be good at all. :D

yes, if you don't want to take any other pet for a special reason (prestige, pet abilities, etc) go for broken tooth

Well I suppose what's relevant is is there any pet with abilities that greatly enhance dps and makes it better than broken tooth?

wolf for pve, Use his howl together with abilities.

pvp Brokentooth against casters cause of speed, but alot of people prefer scorpid cause they have posion which can do really mess with dispelling:shifty:

wolf for pve, Use his howl together with abilities.

pvp Brokentooth against casters cause of speed, but alot of people prefer scorpid cause they have posion which can do really mess with dispelling:shifty:

Yep, viper stings normally gets dispelled fairly quickly as it's so deadly for casters. But the dot applied by scorpid stacks up to 5, therefore it can take ages to dispell the sting.
Furthermore if you get caught by a warrior with broken tooth out it can be harmful as the warrior can gain alot of rage from BT attacking him so fast.
Boar can be awesome for kiting stuff!

Bats can also be extremely annoying for your enemy because of how big they are. Even more so with BW: you can't see anything but red wings!

Scorpid is nice to protect Viper as said above but I feel like this gameplay would shine in organized PvP as Hunters rely a lot on ice traps in vanilla.

Regarding Broken tooth aren't all pets supposed to attack at 2.00 atck speed in 1.12? Am I missing something?

There are some adjustments like Snarler having 0 resistance and Lupos doing physical instead of shadowdamage like all other pets. But that's because it was never intended to have 100 resi or doing shadow damage by default.

Based on this thread and others, here is what I understand to be the "best" pets for each role. Thoughts?

-PvP: Broken Tooth
-Raid: any wolf
-Solo PvE: any bear

i would pick a boar for PvE and especially levelling. it has charge, so it generates more initial threat. it tanks as good as bears and even eats trash.

lupos does not deal shadow damage here.

Top Bottom