• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Rogue Hybrid PvP / PvE spec?

Snackstab

Authorized
Hey guys!

I'm pretty new to vanilla, I first started playing in TBC, then quit and briefly played MoP. I'm wondering if there are any level 60 rogue talent builds that are actually viable in both PvP and PvE? What it seems like to me is that combat daggers are the #1 PvE spec, while PvP spec varies greatly depending on your playstyle. I would like to find a build that might not be the best in one category, but that is viable in both. I love both PvP and PvE, but it would quickly get expensive to respec every time I go into a BG / raid.

http://www.wowprovider.com/Old.aspx?talent=11215875_4_83053031054010513023052n5p

This seems like an applicable build to me. Huge backstabs, nice combo point generation for stunlocks and improved poisons. What do you guys think? Do you have comments on this build or suggestions for other builds? Thanks! :)

First question, do you want dagger or other speccs?

Dagger -> no specc is viable for both imo
Other -> the cookie cutter specc aka 'hemo' was only available in late game due to the talent tree revamp (1.12)

With that beeing said you can roll a regular combat specc in PvP too since that is what alot rogues used to do in vanilla. Its probably the closest to beeing viable in both PvE and PvP.

Is it even worth spending points in remorseless? Also, curious on why that linked spec doesn't spec into Lightning Reflexes.

Thank you so much for input guys - I think I will go with your spec andrey. At first I was thinking about going daggers, but in PvP this is unreliable and requires stunlock. It could work when ganking, but if I get jumped I believe I'll have a bigger chance of winning with a combat spec, which will also provide decent DPS in raids. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom