• Dear Guest,

You're browsing our forum as a Guest meaning you can only see a portion of the forum in read-only mode.
    To view all forum nodes and be able to create threads/posts please register or log-in with your existing account.

TwinStar team

Priest I need your help to choose a spec

Hyugarr

Hello !

I'm asking your help because i am hesitating between 2 specs for my character. I'm playing with a warlock casually (dungeons, some random pvp / bg). I made my priest to support her with the shadow weaving debuff. Should i roll a classic shadow priest or lean toward a tri spec ? Is the tri spec a capable build in 1v1 or more of a bg only thing ?

I'm playing UD in horde if that matters

Any advice is always welcome :)

Last edited:
You generally have a fair chance at 1v1 on any priest spec depending a bit on the gear level and how your opponent plays. You'll be relatively less powerful in 1v1 the further into the itemization the server you play on goes.

Shadow is probably the easiest spec to start dueling with, but it's a bit more difficult to support your warlock buddy in wpvp with, as you need to be fairly mindful of your mana, and you have to think your gcd in ahead a bit more as you have to drop form to cast holy spells. Trispec is a bit more supportive, and has more utility for battlegrounds and stuff like that. However, it's the hardest one from the priest specs to play so I don't generally suggest it for new players. Trispec is also a bit more reliant on having some gear than the other specs.

You shouldn't dismiss basic disc either, power infused warlock burst can be quite good and you'll have more mana to go around.

I always enjoyed the utility the trispec provides. Deffo prefer it over the other specs.

I find power infusion often wasted in bgs if the communication is not there. In world pvp and in locks it is better though.

Hi i'm back !

Do you have a good tri spec to share ? Is it better to get 3/3 shadow reach or 5/5 shadow weaving ? 2/2 imp mana burn or get mental agility ?

Also is vampiric embrace worth it ?

Top Bottom